X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polarizing?

Comment

• He was either great or a total liability. Granted he was great far more often last season but against really good defensive teams like FSU, Houston and Loyola, he couldn’t get into the lane easily and instead of trusting the offense he forced up awful shots.

MAAR is one of the great success stories ever for Michigan basketball. Beilein’s best work. I just don’t know if we won’t be better offensively without his ball-stopping.
      Last edited by Kstat; April 13, 2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• He had some bad nights shooting (who doesn't) but rarely had a bad game as he took a major load off Z running the offense, played excellent defense, and rarely turned the ball over.

Comment

• Oh geez.

Comment

• Iggy had 9 points (4-9 FG, 1-2 FT), 4 rebounds, 3 assists and a steal. He looked pretty good but had a couple of sloppy turnovers, dribbling into traffic. He didn't start and only played a little over 12 minutes, so that's pretty good production in that amount of time. He was one of the few players on the International team that was able to score one over Bol Bol, so that was nice. Bol had 7 blocks. Every make Iggy had was in the paint.

This was a game where both teams were trying to win the whole game, not your typical All-star contest, like the McDonald's game.

Comment

• Lomfl. If MAAR was polarizing, there isn't a word invented yet for what Poole will be with 30 min next year. Just stupid. Most solid guy we've had in 5 years.

Comment

• Stupid would be comparing the maturity of a true frosh to a senior captain, but that’s just me. You do you.

Comment

• Stupid is what you just said about MAAR. Suggests you haven't watched very carefully the whole season long. He definitely threw up a few 25-foot heat checks from 3 at times when he was clearly cold in the tournament, but doing that a handful of times in big games where the defense has figured out how to take away your bread-and-butter stuff hardly merits what you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Lomfl. If MAAR was polarizing, there isn't a word invented yet for what Poole will be with 30 min next year. Just stupid. Most solid guy we've had in 5 years.
                    Poole is going to destroy bipartisanship. It's going to be factions at the extremes from here on in.

Comment

• He's made his bones. Can't say shit about a guy that hit maybe the biggest single shot in Michigan history.

Comment

• Nor can you say that shit about a 4-year stalwart program guy who wasn't ever a high-usage guy until the final few weeks of his career.

JMO, here's your biggest shot in Michigan history:

Comment

• Over/under on whether Poole will have a better career than MAAR?

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if Poole is really another full year from liftoff. He's ready to rage on offense, but he has a long way to go in playing disciplined and mistake-free. He's going to drive Beilein nuts next year. Is why I like the idea of that SoDak grad transfer as a playing-time threat. But once Poole is reliable he's going to be a great player. I think he's probably a two-and-out guy regardless though. His NBA coach will finish the job Beilein has started.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              Nor can you say that shit about a 4-year stalwart program guy who wasn't ever a high-usage guy until the final few weeks of his career.

JMO, here's your biggest shot in Michigan history:

Free throws. I get it...but free throws.

I wasn't bashing MAAR to begin with. I just said he had flaws which would hurt the offense more often than people realized.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X