Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They'll now field two guys who should shoot 40% from 3. If one of Johns, DDJ, Brooks, Bajema or Nunez can do the same, they'll have a fantastic starting lineup. If two of them can, they'll be legit 8 players deep. It's painful to think of how good they'd have been had Beilein stayed, but so be it. The future may be just fine.

Comment

• Meh.

So Howard is getting credit for keeping Wagner #2. But already things being said that they are behind in recruiting for next year so don't expect a great class. And Howard now offering all the elite guys two years down the road. Meh. Don't expect any of the elite guys to come to AA.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Netting 2 of Bajema, Wagner, and Wilson is a win for '19. I don't think Juwan had an impact in any of their recruitments...

Yeah, M is behind on a lot of '20 recruits who weren't already on JBs short list. That's the nature of BB recruiting where you are recruiting blue chip sophomores. Names to watch for '20 are Micah Peavy, Hunter Dickinson, and Walker Kessler. After those are likely plan B types...

I wouldn't make too much of the offers to the five star in '21 either. That's SOP to get their attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
          Meh.

So Howard is getting credit for keeping Wagner #2. But already things being said that they are behind in recruiting for next year so don't expect a great class. And Howard now offering all the elite guys two years down the road. Meh. Don't expect any of the elite guys to come to AA.
          Franz was not a commit. It was still pretty much a flip and less so after Beilein left. I do believe Moe's favorable impression of Juwan played a part and we don't know how much the conversations between Juwan and Franz played a part. Obviously, they worked well enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            They'll now field two guys who should shoot 40% from 3. If one of Johns, DDJ, Brooks, Bajema or Nunez can do the same, they'll have a fantastic starting lineup. If two of them can, they'll be legit 8 players deep. It's painful to think of how good they'd have been had Beilein stayed, but so be it. The future may be just fine.
            If Beilein would've stayed, we do likely get Franz, certainly keep Wilson, and may have landed Abdur-Rahim. On the flip side, we almost undoubtedly aren't on Jalen Springer's radar, and certainly don't make his Final 5. I have to think Namari Burnett also favors us more than he did. Hopefully, we close on some of these top guys. If one of our top targets commits before the season starts, that would be huge.

I do wish Beilein hadn't moved on, especially in the short term. I'm still hopeful that his move still turns out to be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

• Jalen Suggs appears to be another 2020 5-star we're going after.
              ATLANTA — Since he was born, Jalen Suggs has had a connection to Michigan. The five-star 2020 guard is named Jalen after Jalen Rose, and Suggs has grown up watching videos of the Fab Five. “Michigan and that whole Fab Five — that’s one of my favorite documentaries, one of my favorite teams to watch,” Suggs […]

Comment

• Another offer to a 2020 player, Terrance Williams:

From UMHoops-

Looking at his ranking, he's gone from #144 to #82 in the last 2 months. He looks like a good shooter. Not a major above the rim guy but strong.

Comment

• I guess Juwan did another non-Beilein thing- offering a kid (Chance Westry) entering his Sophomore year:

Comment

• Two more offers:
                    2020 PF Lance Ware. He's listed anywhere from 6'7" to 6'9" (looks pretty tall on the video I've seen), above average athlete, and is ranked #47c. He's from NJ and schools such as Georgetown, Providence, GaTech, and Louisville have offered him as well.

2020 PF/SF Henry Coleman. 6'6" or 6'7", #39c. Looks a little like a mini-Zion to me. His weight is listed at 190 but he looks bulkier in the video I just watched. Not as explosive as Zion but an above the rim guy. And Duke just offered him too.

Neither player is a Beilein 4. These guys are inside-players first.

Comment

• So, by umhoops' count, we have:

Eleven 2020 offers, plus 1 commit, and that doesn't include Jalen Suggs. With these latest PF offers, I'm not sure if Scooby is still in the mix or not. We also have a likely 4 spots available, prior to anybody leaving early. I'll be surprised if Austin Davis gets a 5th year.

Five 2021 offers. No commits.

One 2022 offer. No commits.

Comment

• Juwan certainly targeting power forwards who project as rebounding, physical, interior types. @

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                          Juwan certainly targeting power forwards who project as rebounding, physical, interior types. @
                          It looks that way. A couple of guys remind me of Tennessee's (now Celtics) PF from last year, Grant Williams.

Comment

• Juwan offered Emoni Bates, the #1 kid for 2022. This is likely a pipe-dream, as it's likely the one-and-done rule will be changed by then. At least a couple of years ago, he wasn't considering Michigan but Juwan apparently has known Bates' father for 25+ years, so maybe we've moved from a 0% chance with Beilein as coach to 10%.

Comment

• Those % are pure speculation. I have a connection to Emoni but a very loose one and the last conversation I had with said connection was around 2 years ago.

Comment

• if Emoni lives up to the hype (some have called him the best player out of Michigan since Magic Johnson) and the NBA drops its ridiculous one and done rule, he'll go straight to the NBA.

I wish there was some kind of happy medium that could be reached between college basketball and the NBA, but if a kid has his heart set on the NBA and isn't interested in attending college, then he should be able to go to the NBA. I suspect the majority of kids making that jump are going to be disappointed, but its their choice to make.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X