Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan will have lots of shooters, so the fact that we'll have another big man (in addition to Morgan) who plays with energy and athleticism sounds good to me.

Thanks for answering my question...

Comment

• McGary loves to run on the break too and he can finish.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyreFuKoI_8&feature=player_embedded"]Coming Attractions: Michigan - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I'm pretty surprised that Tre' Robinson was not named to the McDonald's All-American game since he keeps rising in the rankings and had cracked the Top 30.

McGary was ineligible I think due to him originally being in the 2011 class.

spartie commit Gary Harris was named as was Indiana commit Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell. I think Yogi has been Tre' and Mitch's AAu teammate.

Also left off the team is ESPN's new #1 recruit, Nerlens Noel. He just reclassified back to 2012 after being a 2013 reclassification.
          Last edited by *JD*; February 10, 2012, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Irvin's been my favorite recruit in the next 2 classes ever since he committed. He might have the highest ceiling out of all of them if he keeps progressing(with GRIII).

Comment

• Zak Irvin has a chance to move up near or to 5-star status with a strong summer. Class of '13 looks to be another impressive class as it sounds like Derrick Walton PG will climb the rankings too... M might even have another scholarship to use in this class as Austin Hatch SG is expected to graduate a year later.

Comment

• We'll still have to have some early departures sometime, as we will be over the limit if everyone comes in. I think it's still a pretty good shot that TH Jr. will leave after his Junior year and any of Burke, McGary or GR III could jump too.

Comment

• TH Jr., at this point, doesn't have an NBA future. Not that it's impossible for him to come back as a junior with a more rounded game and impress folks -- that's within the realm, and he's capable. But he's going to have a lot fewer chances to shine, and the ball will be in Burke's hands down the stretch.

Burke is just really small. IMO he needs a dominant year followed by a serious tournament run to leave early. There's just so few kids who make it at that height, if he really is 5-11. So I'm guessing we've got him for another 2 years, most likely.

With McGary and GRIII, I've no idea.

Comment

• TH is going thru the sophomore jinx. He will be fine. And, he will definitely play in the NBA one day. And, I think he stays all four years.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Agree with all of that. He's got some sports-cliche adversity to overcome before he gets there, though, and this was his year to get most of the touches, so it very well could be four years. I think that's more likely than 3 years at this point. This is his year to get the self-entitlement knocked out of him. You hope he's ready to be the forgotten upperclassman next year.

Comment

• No chance Hardaway leaves after this year, he's going to be really good (potential all B10) as an upperclassman...

Up-thread some discussion on scholarships, with all the incoming talent, I forsee some possible transfers to those that are getting stuck behind guys with the same or more eligibility. No insider information, just a likely scenario why I think the '13, '14 classes will be larger than expected.

Comment

• Yup...and I don't expect McLimans to get a 5th year.

Comment

• I could see Colton Christian and Brundidge thinking about transferring but we shall see. Christian may just be satisfied with coming along for the ride and being a good practice player and teammate. Brundidge could probably be the man at a mid-major. This year has to be hard for him to take.
                            Last edited by *JD*; February 17, 2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                              Zak Irvin has a chance to move up near or to 5-star status with a strong summer. Class of '13 looks to be another impressive class as it sounds like Derrick Walton PG will climb the rankings too... M might even have another scholarship to use in this class as Austin Hatch SG is expected to graduate a year later.
                              Austin Hatch is the kid out of Indiana that was severely injured in that tragic plane crash, right? How's he progressing? Any chance he'll heal enough to make the team? I know Michigan was still going to honor his scholarship whether he ever played, but I haven't heard/read anything about him for quite a long time.

Comment

• Hasn't been a lot of stuff about him. The last I say, and I can't remember if it was on another message board or twitter, but Hatch apparent'y told a future teammate that he was shooting as good as he was prior to the accident. Word is he'll likely reclassify for '14, but nothing concrete has been put out yet as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X