Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If his dad is being up front, it really looks like he's got his heart set on it. What a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
      Where have you seen that we're recruiting him JD? Haven't seen that nor believe that we would.
      It was posted on umhoops by a poster so I went and did a "Nino Jackson Michigan" search and the Scout page came up. I couldn't read any articles, though so I really don't know how reliable the rumor is.

All I said was "supposedly". I have no hard info.

Comment

• Spike Albrecht is expected to commit tomorrow. Whether he's a back-up to Trey or a potential starter is yet to be determined. He seems to have some ability, is said to have run a similar offense to Michigan's, and apparently played some AAU ball with McGary and Robinson.

Either way, he effectively replaces Brundidge.

Comment

• M 'needs' a backcourt player (regardless of Trey) and Albrecht fills that need.

Comment

• Yes.

He's not a "Wow" player like GR III, McGary and even Stauskas but he is probably an upgrade from Akune or J-Bart at the point.

IF Burke does leave, I think we'll still be looking to add another ball-handler. ADV is probably still in play.

Comment

• Glenn Robinson III is now a 5-star at ESPN, probably deserved too. He's a huge talent...

"Spike" isn't officially offered yet (JB doesn't offer a kid till they've been on campus and prefers to offer kids while they are on campus) but will get offered on his visit today and is expected to jump at the offer.

Comment

• Anyone think Glenn Robinson will declare for the draft before big ten play?
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• "Spike" isn't officially offered yet (JB doesn't offer a kid till they've been on campus and prefers to offer kids while they are on campus) but will get offered on his visit today and is expected to jump at the offer.
                  Sounds like Beilein has already moved on from the "Burke" era.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    Sounds like Beilein has already moved on from the "Burke" era.
                    This really does not have much to do with Burke. We needed a back-up PG anyway. Spike will either be that our he will be a stop-gap until Derrick Walton arrives.

Comment

• JD -- Who is "ADV"?

Comment

• Spike Albrecht commits to Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
                          JD -- Who is "ADV"?
                          Amedeo Della Valle, an Italian Import who played in Las Vegas this past year. I think he is a similar (but not as talented)player to Stauskas. He has played some PG.

Comment

• While I still REALLY hope Burke sticks around, one thing Spike brings to the table is a Pass First mentality. I could see him only shooting when he has to.
                            He is just nowhere near the scoring threat that Burke is but he will have 4 other players on the floor that will gladly shoot.

Comment

• Thanks JD!

Comment

• In ESPN's newly updated rankings, GR III has moved up to #18 and McGary has dropped to #27. Nik Stauskas is at #76.

Comment

Working...
                                X