Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGary dropping still. When he commited he was #6 or so, right? I'd say I'm looking forward to his sophmore year, but in this day and age...

Comment

• He was rated #2 or #3, depending on which of Rivals/Scout/ESPN you checked.

He didn't have a great prep year but I think it was more a case of him deferring to his teammates, not a slip in ability. He shot up in the rankings because of his AAU and camp performances.

Like I said before, if he winds up being a Joakim Noah-type at Michigan instead of a Webber-type (and I never thought he was a Webber caliber talent), I would still be thrilled.

If Trey returns, Mitch could wind up being our 4th leading scorer behind Trey, Timmay and GR III. Something like 10 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks per game would be great.
      Last edited by *JD*; April 7, 2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Not that we were really recruiting him but Trey Zeigler is heading to Pitt. I'm glad he didn't go to doooook.

Comment

• I agree that McGary was initially overrated (yet he's exactly the type of player M needs and fits JB's system perfectly), never saw him as a likely one-and-done (top 5 overall) type player. He's some polish he needs to add to his game. With his size though (and he's already a year out of HS), I think a team would draft him next season based upon potential.

Comment

• He's a live body at that size with skills -- he can be one-and-done if he wants to, even if not a lottery pick. Hopefully he won't though.

Comment

• I'll call it now, and if someone wants to throw this in my face in the future, that's fine with me.

I say McGary stays at least two years, .. and I think the chances of him staying a third is 50/50.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Spike just got ranked (sort of) by ESPN and Rivals. ESPN has him as a 1-star while Rivals has him as a 3-star. Pretty broad range there.

Comment

• I say McGary stays at least two years, .. and I think the chances of him staying a third is 50/50.
                  If he's there for 3 years, he's not top shelf.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And that's okay. What I hope for him, is that he's a very good college player.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ADV making an official visit this Saturday.

2012 guard Amedeo Della Valle confirmed to UM Hoops this afternoon that he’s planning to take an official visit to Michigan this weekend. Della Valle plans to make his college decision by the end of April. He has visited Texas A&M officially and Arizona unofficially. A previously scheduled official visit to Arizona has been put on […]

Comment

• Another player to keep an eye out for is Dominic Woodson (2013). Big, athletic and still has touch as well. Yes, he's playing all the way down in Texas but Ray Jackson is his AAU coach.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Hmunz-09U"]6'10 Dominic Woodson has NBA size &Skills Texas native- Vermont academy Early Season - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by *JD*; April 10, 2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Ray Ray!!! Come on man! Make it happen
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It looks like Michigan has stopped recruiting ADV:

2012 combo guard Amedeo Della Valle, who was originally scheduled to visit Michigan this weekend, is now no longer on the Michigan radar. Della Valle tweeted last night that the Wolverines had stopped recruiting him. So Michigan STOPPED recruiting me today? That’s really fair !!! WoW !! — Amedeo Della Valle (@Ame_DV_2) April 11, 2012 […]

Comment

• Not surprising, they can bank it and might be able to land a blue chipper for '13.

Comment

• I'm really hoping for Dominic Woodson......or that Michigan somehow pulls a rabbit out of their hat and Nerlens Noel decides to come here this fall. I think there's a .01% chance of that happening, though. He's either a Wildcat or a Hoya. I don't even know if we were ever recruiting him.

Comment

Working...
                                X