Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought that the school had decided to give Hatch an academic scholarship, and allow him to be with the team until a final determination could be made on his playing abilities.

Maybe I misunderstood?
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Walton and Irvin are participating in the 3-point competition on CBS right now.

Comment

• Irvin finished 5th (out of eight) and Walton is in the semi-finals.

FWIW, they listed Irvin at 6'6" and Walton at 6'1".

Comment

• A kid going to Kansas named Frankamp won it, scoring 51 total out of a possible 60. Walton finished 3rd and Steve Alford's kid finished 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
            It might've been because there was some confusion as to whether he was going to be with the '11 or '12 class. I'm just speculating.

From the latest video I watched,
            Mitch McGary scored the ball inside and out as he led the SYF Players to the Pitt Jam Fest 17U silver championship. This 7-minute long scouting video features almost every play that McGary was involved in during SYF’s first four games at the tournament: Click here for more of our coverage from the Pittsburgh Jam […]

he has a lot of tools but he's a bit out of control. Still, looks like a big defensive presence and pretty good athleticism. If he can smooth out the rough edges, he'd be great. He's still got more upside than any big we have right now.

If Darius goes, I'm guessing we'd offer him.
            I was looking through the early part of this thread to find a Trey Burke highlight mix that showed him in Jr. High but wound up seeing this. In the video they have posted, it is Mitch's AAU team, which also has GR III (#23) and Spike (#20). Kind of cool to see now.

Comment

• Recent video for Luke Kennard, a 2015 wing from Ohio who Michigan has had their eye on for a while. He'll likely get an offer on June 15th.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVVk8CuOt5E&feature=player_embedded"]Luke Kennard 2015 Franklin High School at the King James Cincinnati Icebreaker - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• As expected Irvin makes a jump up to get his 5th star. Walton moves up a bit to #37 overall. Donnall drops a bit to #111 overall.

Comment

• It's strange how Walton didn't win Mr. Basketball for Michigan. He's rated higher, put up better numbers (26.2 points, 7.7 rebounds, 10.1 assists and 5.4 steals a game) and was in a tougher league than Monte Morris (21.5, 7.4, 9.1, 5.4).

Comment

• Lot of the Detroit vote got split between Walton and Young. Mr. Basketball voting in Michigan is one of the most political things going...

Comment

• The April live evaluation period seems to have crept up quickly because Michigan was still playing meaningful basketball last week. College coaches will be back on the road this weekend traveling from one major AAU tournament to another during the first weekend of live spring evaluation. The Nike EYBL will start out in Los Angeles, […]

Good rundown of what's going on this spring and summer.

Comment

• Everything covered there, except -- sigh -- bigs. I fear the post-McGary future just a little bit.

Comment

• Keep in mind we already have a '14 big committed. Still have Horford 2 more years and Bielfeldt 3 more. And Donnall.

Comment

• Doyle? Eh. I'm gonna get really sick of this if it's a constant parade of wings and the occasional legit big man. I'm glad Doyle's on the way, but chrissakes already. The difference between Michigan with meh interior play and Michigan with great interior play was evident in the tournament.

Comment

• Doyle will be a top 75 kid when it's said and done. Watch.

Comment

• For all we know, sure. I'm open to that. But that still is just one person. I think we can count on Beilein to put out teams with superb perimeter play. The difference is going to be if they are men in the paint as well. If he can manage that, it's an exciting future.

Comment

Working...
                                X