Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan has been at the top of his list (with Mizzou) for a while but he seems to be milking the recruiting process for all it's worth. I guess it only happens once. At least until NBA free-agency hits him, should he be so lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      btw, Hack-Apparently Beilein said that GRIII is moving to the three and they are gonna put another big at the four.

You are welcome.
      Thanks, man. I appreciate all you've done for me. I will never forget you.

Comment

• Recruiting updates:

Michigan looks like they are getting out everywhere to see players and are getting noticed.

Michigan had a heavy presence at the Nike EYBL event in Los Angeles but Wolverine coaches were also out recruiting across the country as well. Here’s a look at Michigan prospects outside of the EYBL who had big weekends. In New Jersey The King James Shooting Stars 16U team is one that Michigan fans should […]

Comment

• Kevon Looney is another top big that Michigan is in the mix for.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMXDoXgvR8"]Kevon Looney is the LONG ARM OF THE LANE!!! OFFICIAL Junior Season Mixtape - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Is anyone a subscriber to GoBlueWolverine.com? There's supposed to be a write-up on Michigan's recruitment of Stephen Zimmerman.

Comment

• Is that the Scout site?
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yes it is. I cancelled mine long ago because it sucks.

Comment

• Vince Edwards (Rivals #62 for 2014) update:

April 23, 2013
                  Edwards caught in Big Ten battle
                  Edwards caught in Big Ten battle

Edward Lewis
                  Special to Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting

0 0 0
                  GARDEN GROVE, Calif. -- It was a Sunday afternoon following two long days of basketball. The stands had thinned out for All Ohio Red's game against Boo Williams, and one of the main attractions for the game, four-star forward Vince Edwards, wasn't even playing because of a hip injury he suffered the day before. Yet sitting on a steel bench, which was almost empty at this point in the EYBL Los Angeles tournament, was none other than Michigan head coach John Beilein.
                  Why? Because Beilein wants Edwards, and he's doing everything he can to get an edge over Purdue.

Vince Edwards drew a crowd despite not playing Sunday.
                  The 6-foot-6, 200-pound Ohio forward didn't even try to couch it in an interview afterward. Edwards said his top two right now are Purdue and Michigan, and whichever school shows him the most love this summer is probably going to land him.
                  "I can't say enough about if the head coach is sitting here watching you," Edwards said. "It means they obviously want you."
                  Purdue, no doubt, caught a few of his games this past weekend as well. And Edwards certainly noticed.
                  Which is why he's in the middle of a Michigan-Purdue tug-of-war that is constantly on his mind.
                  "Michigan and Purdue are definitely recruiting me the hardest," Edwards said. "Those schools, both head coaches are telling me they pretty much recruit the same guys. They're the schools that are recruiting me the hardest ? They contact me every day they can."
                  At Michigan, Edwards likes Beilein, the offense, and, obviously, the winning season it had just a few weeks ago.

At Purdue, Edwards is a fan of Matt Painter and the way he develops his talent.
                  "I like both," Edwards said. "Honestly, I like Michigan because I really think their offense fits my style. Being a 6-7 wing who can shoot, that really fits in with Coach Beilein. He likes guys who can do that, so I think I can really fit in well with him and his offense and he thinks so, too.
                  "With Coach Painter, what I really like about Purdue is -- they're both actually great coaches -- but Coach Painter had to take some guys and develop them this year and you could tell by the way he coaches that he's a great coach. He can develop players really well."

Edwards weighs the pros and the cons of the two schools daily. He visited Michigan for its game against Indiana last season, and he was at Purdue in the fall as well. He'll probably be back sometime after the summer too, trying to find something he likes more about one over the other.

"Everybody has been saying like, 'Hey, did you see Michigan in the championship?'" Edwards said. "And you're like, yeah, that's big for them, but it doesn't get too big with me. I still think about Purdue, and just because they finish not a good season, doesn't mean they're not a great school."

Edwards hopes to have the decision pinned before his senior season starts in a few months.
                  Until then, he just wants to continue to see Michigan and Purdue showing him interest on a daily basis.
                  "Just show me, you know?" Edwards said. "Just show me that you're interested. Just show me like you've been showing me."

Comment

• Zimmerman is the best HS big man I have seen on tape this year. 2015 is perfect to step right in and replace McGary.

Comment

• Coach B, making the rounds:

John Beilein spent last weekend in Los Angeles for the Nike EYBL but he stuck to the Midwest for the first two days of the second April evaluation weekend. Michigan’s head coach was the featured speaker at the IBCA Coaches Clinic in Indiana on Friday evening and stuck around Saturday morning for action at the […]

Comment

• Class of '15 an important one for the M program and that is where the NT game exposure helps them more than in '14, where these recruits recruitment's have been ongoing for some time. FF & NT run has a lot of 'elite' recruits from '15 showing M interest without M barely even recruiting them yet.
                        Last edited by WM Wolverine; April 28, 2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Sounds good!

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                            There's some talk of Andrew Dakich (Dan's son) coming to Michigan as a preferred walk-on. He played AAU ball with Donnal.

Andrew Dakich Highlight Mixtape - YouTube

Dakich will be a walk-on.

Michigan added a preferred walk-on commitment this afternoon from class of 2013 point guard Andrew Dakich. Dakich, the son of ESPN announcers and former coach Dan Dakich, played his AAU basketball with fellow Michigan commitment Mark Donnal. Dakich announced his commitment via Twitter. An unbelievable day in Ann Arbor and after speaking with my family […]

Comment

• '13 ESPN final rankings:
                              Irvin #22 5 star
                              Walton #30 4 star
                              Donnal #89 4 star

Not too bad.

Comment

• Remember, Oracle. We only got them because they were not good enough for Thad Matta and OlieO ... :-P
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X