Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Zimmerman's mom is the one in charge of her sons recruitment. You have to recruit the mom just to get to him...

He's an instant impact, 5-star talent who will start on day 1. Whoever lands him will be lucky if they get him a second year. Needing to play more physically is about the only weakness.

Comment

• He reminds me a little of Garnett as a high-schooler. Tall, skinny & versatile. He tweeted at me today but it wasn't anything of note.

I'm trying to find out from the umhoops guys as to why Diamond Stone wasn't offered yesterday. I thought he had been to A2 but I might have been wrong.
      Last edited by *JD*; June 16, 2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Ah, this may have something to do with it:

Michigan officially offered Luke Kennard on June 15th but the day was otherwise somewhat uneventful. The start of open contact for rising juniors was slowed down because so many notable prospects were participating in national camps – where they can’t speak with coaches – including the NBPA Top 100 Camp in Virginia and Adidas Nations in Las Vegas.

Comment

• Zimmerman reminds me of Garnett too. Either the editing of his film was done very well, or he is exceptionally talented.

Comment

• Michigan offers 2015 guard Jalen Coleman. He seems to be a riser in the rankings and already has offers from IU, Purdue and the domers.

First reported by the Indy Star’s Kyle Neddenriep and confirmed by UM Hoops, Michigan has formally extended a scholarship offer to class of 2015 guard Jalen Coleman. Coleman is the second prospect that the Wolverines have offered in the class of 2015. Coleman, a 6-foot-3 guard, plays his grassroots basketball with Indiana Elite and is […]

Comment

• I got an answer regarding Diamond Stone:

Joe Stapleton 20 hours ago Stone was in Uruguay with U16 Team USA playing in the FIBA Americas Championship. The USA beat Argentina on Saturday 94-48, taking home the gold medal. Assuming he'll get a call when he's back in the states.

Comment

• Another highly-ranked 2015 PG with interest in Michigan.

Isaiah Briscoe is an athletic scoring point guard in the class of 2015. And like many other young, skilled point guards with the ability to score, it appears Michigan and John Beilein’s system has become a destination in his mind. “Their style of play is amazing, pick and roll in the open court,” Briscoe said […]

Comment

• Jalen (named after Jalen Rose) Coleman's reaction to Michigan offer:

On Monday, Michigan extended an offer to 2015 guard Jalen Coleman. Coleman, an Indianapolis native, is receiving interest from all over the country and has played well this summer. The 6-foot-3 rising junior has had a big spring playing for Indiana Elite, after playing with the Spiece Indy Heat last year, and is widely regarded […]

Comment

• Coleman's tape is fun to watch. I counted only two of his made jump shots that touched the rim. Nice high arc on his shot.

Comment

• I dunno .... I was laughed off when I expressed concern over Beilein's recruiting for 2014 and beyond, but I am still not sold on Beilein's recruiting ability or approach. He obviously is a good developer of talent, but I am disappointed that more of the super elite recruits aren't seriously considering us. For example, M isn't even on the list for the top 4 ranked recruits on Rivals for 2014. Why is that? Do these super-elite players not fit Beilein's system? We have got great facilities now, we showed we can get to the NCAA finals, and we have a coach everyone acknowledges is a great teacher ... one would think that the Andrew Wiggins' of the world would at least be thinking about us.

Comment

• The 'elites' you're talking about were being recruited heavily as 8th/9th graders. M at that time wasn't on their radar. The benefits of M's recent success will show more in the '15 classes and beyond if they can sustain this success...

With the expected early attrition of McGary & GR3, the Class of '14 becomes more critical. M is going to need at least a couple top 50 talents to replace the top 25 talent they are going to lose to the NBA. They need to do well and land their share of Booker SG, Blueitt SF, Looney PF (a favorite of mine) & Chatman SF...

Vince Edwards SF (#62 overall) is a backup plan to Blueitt/Chatman but a M offer (assumed he has a conditional one) might make them favorites, battling Purdue...

Devin Booker (#23 overall) is the most talented wing M is looking at, M was an early favorite with him having ties to the state of Michigan. Duke & Kentucky have shown interest but those teams are chasing others options as well at SG unlike M who is focusing on mostly just Booker... As for need, with Staukus & Irvin, there isn't a huge need so I won't be overly devastated but if M wants to compete for NT's they'll need talents like Booker...

Trevon Blueitt SF/SG (#46 overall) which might be a bit too high, he's not a guy who is overly impressive athletically but still is an impressive scorer. A get a feeling Blueitt is waiting on Booker to decide and where he goes, so it's likely one or the other imo...

Kevin Looney PF (#8 overall) expected to be a Blue Devil and might be a 1-year guy anyway. M could make his top 5 with Duke, MSU, Florida, Wisconsin (home state)...

Kameron Chatman SF (#39 overall) very athletic wing but needs some polish to his game in terms of shooting, ball handling, etc. High upside that won't make a huge impact immediately but should be a strong contributor down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                          I dunno .... I was laughed off when I expressed concern over Beilein's recruiting for 2014 and beyond, but I am still not sold on Beilein's recruiting ability or approach. He obviously is a good developer of talent, but I am disappointed that more of the super elite recruits aren't seriously considering us. For example, M isn't even on the list for the top 4 ranked recruits on Rivals for 2014. Why is that? Do these super-elite players not fit Beilein's system? We have got great facilities now, we showed we can get to the NCAA finals, and we have a coach everyone acknowledges is a great teacher ... one would think that the Andrew Wiggins' of the world would at least be thinking about us.
                          So lemme get this straight. Now we're rippin JB for not landing a top 4 recruit?

Things are really rough right now, huh?

Comment

• For 2015, Michigan is recruiting 3 of the Top 7 guys on ESPN's list and all seem to have some interest. They've also offered the #25 & #30 players and are involved with the #19, #20 & #21 players. We shall see who they land in this group but they are certainly in the mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              So lemme get this straight. Now we're rippin JB for not landing a top 4 recruit?

Things are really rough right now, huh?

Somebody also seems to be forgetting that McGary was ranked #2 when he committed to Michigan. He dipped in the rankings his Senior year and then showed how great he can be this past March.

Comment

• I also agree with WM. Looney would be great. I also think Michigan has the slight edge for Booker. He is certainly not a lock but Michigan had interest long before dook, Kentucky, spartie and others.

Comment

Working...
                                X