Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree with Oracle, Edwards is a plan B. Blueitt, Chatman, Booker are their top 'wing' targets and M won't push for Edwards till they lose a couple of the above. Issue is Edwards sounds like he'll decide before a couple of the others...

I see once one of them drops for M, it'll pressure the others that want the last wing spot to take their spot.

Comment

• I like Chatman a lot.

Comment

• With the Stevens departure and with Jordan staying, the feeling is that Bluiett is now a Michigan lean.

Butler is still on Bluiett’s list but it’s undeniable that Brad Stevens departure will hurt the Bulldogs in his recruitment. It was no secret that Butler was in great shape – most likely leading – for Bluiett’s services. Brad Stevens was handling Bluiett’s recruitment personally and his departure is almost certain to be a blow for the Bulldogs. LaVall Jordan is his primary recruiter for the Wolverines so it’s silly to think that Butler’s coaching decision won’t have an effect on Bluiett’s decision.

So Butler is still on the list but it’s clear the dynamic has changed. 247Sports’ ‘Crystal Ball’ provides a more politically correct way to convey trends like this. A week ago, 100% of the projections had Bluiett headed to Butler. Now the Crystal Ball says 78% Michigan with all of those updates coming July 3rd or later.
        http://www.umhoops.com/2013/07/09/re...re/#more-49416

Comment

• I've always had Indiana as the real competition for Blueitt, they've been chasing bigger fish; in on some elite talent (& likely to land a couple too) and unsure how many ships they have to play with.

Comment

• Another Michigan vs. dook showdown?

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 24h

@JdotWoodsby some pretty reliable local word in Milwaukee is Duke or Michigan for Kevon Looney. Just what I'm hearing.
            Details

Comment

• If it's M vs Duke for Looney, M is in better shape than I thought.

Comment

• Wow.

Comment

• Is Izzo losing his touch? I thought MSU was just entering a new phase of the Izzo reign, Payne,Dawson,Harris all 5 star guys in consecutive years, then they bombed in 2013. They lead for Jabari Parker early on building the appearance of a new era, held the early lead for Cliff Alexander (who is looking less likely these days) and is now starting to scramble around in 2014 ,especially if Looney ranks UM ahead of MSU. Beilein is building a pretty attractive landing spot for these guys.

It could be a couple recruits in the 50-100 range as his 2014 haul. That would be disappointing for MSU considering how much time they have spent recruiting the top 10. 2014 is supposed to be the big reload class, much more important than 2013. Of course, when the season starts, MSU will be probably the 2nd best team in the nation, maybe that helps out.
                  Last edited by Deuce; July 20, 2013, 11:08 PM.
                  The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Stephen Zimmerman's mom tweeted that there's some big news coming soon.

I don't think he's made the trip to A2 so if the tweet is referring to him making a commitment, it's not to Michigan.

From what I've followed on there, I would guess that Arizona is the leader. That's still fairly close to his home in Vegas.

Comment

• Bummer. Michigan doesn't make Looney's new list:
                      According to ESPN’s Paul Biancardi, Kevon Looney has trimmed his list to six schools and Michigan didn’t make the cut. Looney’s final six are Duke, Florida, Michigan State, Tennessee, UCLA and Wisconsin. Just received a call from @Loon_Rebel5 who has officially cut his list to 6:Duke ,Florida ,Michigan State , Tennessee UCLA and Wisconsin — […]

Comment

• Wasn't holding my breath for him anyway.

Comment

• Bummer. That's a bit of an about-face, too, as it had seemed to be down to us and Duke? But, whatever. Move on and get the other ones.

Comment

• Made Bluiett's final 7 though.
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• He's really either UM or Butler with some talking Indiana, it seems.

Comment

• Yeah, I saw those Michigan/Duke posts about Looney and really thought the good guys had a shot. I guess M still has Doyle as their big for 2014 but Looney is a stud. Hopefully, Cameron Chatman winds up in A2. He's only 6'6" or so but he's a great rebounder for his size.

He's making an official visit to Michigan for the ND game.

Any two of Booker, Chatman & Bluiett to add to Doyle will be another very good class.

Comment

Working...
                                X