Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's more what I expected. I guess we're just chasing different prospects, as Diop is the only one we've chased recently that you did too, to my recollection.

Comment

• M wanted Tate.

They're both after Kennard, who will desperately wait for UK offer and, when that doesn't come, probably choose between OSU and M.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Jae-sean Tate -- ok, remember him now.

Comment

• So when they get Booker, is it still LYAO? What about Kennard? You can try and come in here and be a condescending prick and we'll still be okay with our recruiting. There's plenty to go around and we all know you know that, so I don't know what the point is of you coming in there an puffing out your chest.

Comment

• He can't help himself.

He lives near Youngstown ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post

M wants 2 'wings' in this class but I don't see them as huge as needs as some, they'd take any 2 of Booker, Blueitt & Chatman. I'd be content with just 1 as the current wings on the roster are awfully talented and young. Still, if M wants to compete for NT's, they need to stockpile top 20 and top 50 talent like their competition does in Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, Indiana, etc.
              They would take that class of all 3. Not sure if you meant they'd turn 1 of the 3 away or not....they wouldn't.

Comment

• they need to stockpile top 20 and top 50 talent like their competition does in Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Louisville
                I'll condescend all fucking day long if M fans lump themselves in with absolutely basketball blueblood royalty.

Recruiting-wise, I have no doubt M will add quality players and remain competitive in the B10.

Comment

• Also, not overly worried about Kennard. I think M is a solid 3rd at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    I'll condescend all fucking day long if M fans lump themselves in with absolutely basketball blueblood royalty.

Recruiting-wise, I have no doubt M will add quality players and remain competitive in the B10.
                    So, they haven't been adding top 20 and top 50 talent?

Comment

• So, they haven't been adding top 20 and top 50 talent?
                      So Michigan IS basketball blueblood royalty?

I mean, is the game we're going to play? Knocking down one strawman after another.

I chuckle at the notion that UK, Louisville, Duke and UNC are M's "competition" -- as if M is now amongst the uber-elite programs. In fact, I do more than chuckle -- I LMAO. As I said.

M recruiting is, of course, fine. They will remain competitive with the top of the B10.

If you want to keep taking issue with what I didn't say, feel free.

Comment

• And since you asked, in the 2013 and 2014 classes, they apparently have no kids in the top 20 (Scout, Rivals) and have 1 or 2 in the top 50 depending on if you look at Scout or Rivals.

I don't know if you're lumping in 2012 or not. I do know that 2012 is the only top 10 class per Scout OR Rivals under Bielein. Only. Also, upon a cursory review (so I could be wrong), GR3 is the only top 20 recruit JB has brought in (again, per Scout or Rivals).

So, your question was: So, they haven't been adding top 20 and top 50 talent?

I guess the answer is, Beilein has recruited 1 top 20 player (per Scout OR Rivals) during his entire tenure at M and has none signed up for 2013 and 2014. Beilein has recruited several top 50 players (per Scout OR Rivals) and has 2 more signed up. As I said, he's bring in talent that will keep M competitve in the B10.

I hope that helps.

Comment

• Speaking of addressing things I never said, you just did in 2 long posts when the short answer was yes.

Comment

• when the short answer was yes.
                            I believe the short answer is actually "no". "Yes" would seem to affirm your statement:

So, they haven't been adding top 20 and top 50 talent?
                            What any of this has to do with I said is beyond me. But I'm glad I took a closer look at M's recruiting. For some reason I thought they were bringing in more highly regarded players. Though, I do really like Walton and Irvin regardles of where each is ranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              So when they get Booker, is it still LYAO? What about Kennard? You can try and come in here and be a condescending prick and we'll still be okay with our recruiting. There's plenty to go around and we all know you know that, so I don't know what the point is of you coming in there an puffing out your chest.
                              Talent is just here for an exchange of information. Facts, as he would put it.

Comment

• Correct. As exemplified by the straight-forward, dispassionate fact-driven analysis above.

Comment

Working...
                                X