Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This 2014 player from OZ has Michigan in his Final 5. Of course, no offer for him since he hasn't visited. I don't know if Beilein would make an exception for a kid on the other side of the globe but people think highly of the kid.

ESPN reports that Dante Exum still could entroll in college next season and that Michigan is one of his five favorites. “Schools have been saying I can start in early December and play this season,” Exum told ESPN. “But if college is the option, I’ll stay in Australia, do workouts with the national team and then […]

Comment

• He'd be nice, but not gonna hold my breath.

Comment

• Yeah, it sounds like he's 50/50 on whether to go to college or enter the NBA draft.

Comment

• Blackmon Jr. offered:

Michigan extended a scholarship offer to class of 2014 guard James Blackmon Jr. this afternoon. Blackmon is a four-star prospect and ranked 35th nationally according to 247Sports’ consensus rankings. The 6-foot-3 senior decommitted from Indiana in early August and has taken official visits to Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State and Indiana since the decommit. He visited Michigan on Saturday for the Wolverines’football home […]

Comment

• Blackmon makes the recruiting board, he's a potential/worthy 5-star. Post #1353 just above is a great summary of the rest the basketball recruiting board, lots of options that none of them I'd safely predict M landing though M would be in a great position for a couple if they pushed for them (e.g. Jaylen Johnson but M is supposedly waiting on him to take his academics more seriously; I think M will wait too long to offer him)...

Maybe Jalen Coleman (Class of '15) will build some momentum, really like his talent level; probably just short of 5-star status. He's a shooting guard that can do pretty much everything; handle the ball, pass, penetrate and has a really nice shot. Competition for him is Indiana, Ohio State, Illinois, Notre Dame & Purdue; all the offers he wanted...

Believe Blueitt & Chatman will be at the UTL game this weekend too along with Coleman. It's too bad about the rivalry as it's a huge recruiting weekend for both sports.

Comment

• 24/7 still thinks Booker is Maize & Blue. We probably have to wait until November to find out.

Comment

• Trevon Bluiett just committed to UCLA.

Comment

• They hired one of his coaches, that helps a lot apparently...

Of the wings, just Booker & Chatman left.

Comment

• I have been saying for a while I have been concerned about Beilein's recruiting going forwards ... of course I was laughed off.

Reality is Coach B is never going to be an elite recruiter like the top 3 B1G coaches --- we will need to continue to rely on his ability to identify talent earlier and then maximize this talent. It's a formula that has worked pretty well so far.

Comment

• We can add Blackmon to the list of wings for '14.

Comment

• Jaylon Johnson commits to Louisville.

Comment

• Michigan never offered him. I think it may have had something to do with his grades.

Comment

• That would be cool JD. Hopefully you heard something recent that points that way because it seems to be trending A Ulis/Booker tandem to Kentucky
                            The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Michigan offered 2014 SF/PF Donte Grantham over the weekend:

First reported by Sam Webb, Michigan extended a scholarship offer to Donte Grantham. Grantham took an official visit to Michigan this weekend. Grantham is a 6-foot-7 combo forward from Martinsburg, West Virginia that will play a prep season at Hargrave Military Academy this year. He’s regarded as a top-100 prospect nationally and holds offers from […]

Also, another cool (though shitty quality) photo:

Comment

• Sounds like Grantham PF/SF will commit awfully soon... That's about the only good news I can report, M's 'wings' all look like they are potentially headed elsewhere; Chatman, Booker & Blackmon...

Chatman SF is a M vs Arizona battle where if he escapes the Wildcats then M will get another chance to impress him. It's believed right now the Wildcats are leading and could land him on this weekends visit...

I've said all along 'wings' weren't as important as the frontcourt in this class (M has Zak Irvin, Nik Staukus, Caris Lavert as underclassman), despite a lot of elite wings being targeted very early in this class and IMO M's needs in this class are: 1. talented wing; sf/sg 2. talented PF type...

Booker & Blackmon both seemingly are trending towards Kentucky, at least one of the two are expected to drop in favor of the Wildcats (more so Booker to join Ulis) soon and the other will either be dropped giving M a chance at their leftovers or Kentucky will sign 17+ recruits and expect massive attrition to happen...

After these dominoes start to fall, other options will start to open up; guys like Jaylen Johnson (commited to Louisville), DJ Wilson, Jonah Bolden, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X