This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame]https://twitter.com/AdamFinkelstein/status/986291834551971840[/ame]

They'd just updated their rankings today. Johns is 57 and DeJulius is 90, I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
      March 12th and some players have slid, for whatever reason.

Johns #74
      Iggy #75
      DeJulius #130
      Castleton #131
      Nunez #201
      Since ESPN updated their rankings, 247 updated their composites as well. With that said, these are probably (?) 247's final rankings for the 2018 Class:

Johns moves up to #69
      Iggy moves down to #76 (still #40 in 247's own rankings and it sounds like that's where he'd be in ESPN's, if they'd ranked him)
      DeJulius moves up to #96
      Castleton moves up to #123
      Nunez moves down to #203

247 has us as the 15th best class and spartie is #13.

Comment

Nice to have depth in the front court. We have a TON in the back court.

Who knows, maybe Larry Nance Jr. will still come as a preferred walk-on? I'm sure his dad still has money so maybe a scholarship isn't so important?
        A little flashback. Wishful thinking after the Max Beilfeldt commitment.

Comment

Since ESPN updated their rankings, 247 updated their composites as well. With that said, these are probably (?) 247's final rankings for the 2018 Class:

Johns moves up to #69
          Iggy moves down to #76 (still #40 in 247's own rankings and it sounds like that's where he'd be in ESPN's, if they'd ranked him)
          DeJulius moves up to #96
          Castleton moves up to #123
          Nunez moves down to #203

247 has us as the 15th best class and spartie is #13.
          Well, 247 did one last composite update:

Iggy moves all the way up to #36
          Johns moves up to #65
          DeJulius slides to #98
          Castleton moves up to #117
          and Nunez plummets to #290

Comment

• Also, after the final rankings, Michigan wound up having the 8th best recruiting class (according to 247) in the nation and 2nd best in the B1G, behind Maryland. spartie finished at #14/#3.

Comment

• BTW- 7 B1G teams finished in the top 24 recruiting classes plus Minnesota #37, Rutgers #40, and Purdue #41 did okay. The league should be a little stronger overall next season.

Comment

• Has a good bit of room to improve, B1G was essentially equal with SEC for #4 behind Big XII, Big East, and ACC... Pac 12 was a very, very distant 6th and essentially a mid major.

Comment

• 6'6" SF Jalen Wilson, #29 (247comp) in 2019 is making a unofficial visit the weekend of May 11th and is rumored to be getting an offer. His Crystal Ball predictions on 247 have it a 3-way split (with only 3 predictions) between Michigan (predicted on 4/5), Oklahoma (predicted in March) and Marquette (predicted in '17). It's been a while since we got a commit from Texas. I don't think Beilein's ever landed one from down there.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4RimVuCyM"]Class of 2019 SF Jalen Wilson Mixtape @ The PH Route 66 Kickoff! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Michigan makes Jalen Wilson's Final 6. The other contenders are OSU (Okie St., that is), Marquette, Baylor, Kansas, and UCLA. He's making an unofficial this weekend.

Jalen's quote about U of M: “I talk to assistant coach (Luke) Yaklich and head coach John Beilein all the time,” Wilson told Zagsblog.com last month. “I was named after Jalen Rose … so I know all about Michigan basketball, and my mom loves Michigan. They produce great players in the NBA, and they’re a great program in the Big Ten.

“I love the coaches there. They really get to me and tell me where I’m at, how I will fit into the program, and how much they really want me. I really enjoy talking to them.”

Fab Five fallout!

Comment

• As for producing "great players in the NBA", it's nice that TIMMAY got paid big time, that Caris keeps improving and that Trey Burke had a bit of a resurrection in New York. GR III was injured almost the whole year but still may become a rotation player. Nik, I think, is fighting for his NBA-life. DJ is buried in a deep front-court in Milwaukee, so he may need to find a different team to get minutes. We'll see where Moe lands. Jamal Crawford is from 3 coaches ago, so I don't think his production is relative to this topic.

Hopefully, at least 1 or 2 of our guys get to all-star level. That can only continue to help in recruiting.

Comment

• I see McGary had drug problems in the NBA and is now a bowler. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_McGary

Comment

• Jalen Wilson and DJ Carton are both getting some Crystal Ball picks for Michigan.

Wilson (#28 in the 247 composite) is now at 88% Michigan, with 8 predictions. Carton (Currently #33), with 7 predictions total, is at 71% Michigan. Let's hope the Crystal Ball is right!
                            Last edited by *JD*; May 12, 2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
                              I see McGary had drug problems in the NBA and is now a bowler. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_McGary
                              Yeah, well, The Dude abides.

(I think he participated in some sorta bowling event, but I don't know if a career change per say.)

Comment

• Jerry Meyer thinks it's possible Wilson commits on his visit this weekend. I doubt it,but itd be nice.

Ideal class to me is Wilson, carton, Girard.

Comment

Working...
                                X