Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And honestly, someone as good as carton at PG was a luxury. We're set there for a bit. Would love a combo or another wing. All good, but does remind me of KBD. Luckily he didnt kill us too bad.

OSUs depth chart had to look pretty good to him too.

Also, our "Plan Bs" are really good. With Wilson already in, anything else is gravy. Girard, Watts, Beverly or Crowley will work just fine.
    Last edited by The Oracle; July 14, 2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• I wonder if the path to most of the PG minutes was indeed a factor. Bummer for sure. I wonder if they bank the scholarship for this year, leave it dangling for any other last-minute elite recruits, or seek a replacement? I do kind of agree that, potential being equal, I'd take the wing over the PG. Depending on Brooks' future here.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        I wonder if the path to most of the PG minutes was indeed a factor. Bummer for sure. I wonder if they bank the scholarship for this year, leave it dangling for any other last-minute elite recruits, or seek a replacement? I do kind of agree that, potential being equal, I'd take the wing over the PG. Depending on Brooks' future here.
        From a couple of things I read on Twitter (FWIW), being promised to get significant minutes immediately was a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          And honestly, someone as good as carton at PG was a luxury. We're set there for a bit. Would love a combo or another wing. All good, but does remind me of KBD. Luckily he didnt kill us too bad.

OSUs depth chart had to look pretty good to him too.

Also, our "Plan Bs" are really good. With Wilson already in, anything else is gravy. Girard, Watts, Beverly or Crowley will work just fine.
          Beverly or Crowley?

Comment

• Okay, I see a Harlond Beverly from Michigan, ranked #70 and Austin Crowley from Mississippi #127. Neither has an offer. What are you hearing/reading?

Comment

• I also see Beverly did make an unofficial visit to A2 back in October.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                Okay, I see a Harlond Beverly from Michigan, ranked #70 and Austin Crowley from Mississippi #127. Neither has an offer. What are you hearing/reading?
                Beverly just took the full tour last week, so no offer there makes sense. I bet it comes soon. Crowley is supposed to visit soon and do the same.

Comment

• I'm sad that we missed on DJ Carton, but the world of basketball is upside down in the era of one and dones. As a 5 star, Carton is clearly a one and done, if all goes according to plan. But, in real life, high school 5 stars do not equal college freshmen achievers. Just ask the MSU guys, whose names I can't remember at the moment (Bridges and Jackson?).

So I'm not as upset at this development as I would have expected. Michigan will probably have a better PG than Carton for the one year he is at OSU.

Comment

• Carton isn't a likely one-and done, still M is just missing on those top 50 overall types. He took the opportunity for very early PT... M can recruit someone similar in the next class.

Still a tough loss when we were favored but I've expected to be a bridesmaid for these types under JB. Despite that M was in the NT game last season and is winning B1G titles and regularly competing for them... M basketball is in great shape though a level below the blue bloods.

Tldr; M is going to be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      Carton isn't a likely one-and done, still M is just missing on those top 50 overall types. He took the opportunity for very early PT... M can recruit someone similar in the next class.

Still a tough loss when we were favored but I've expected to be a bridesmaid for these types under JB. Despite that M was in the NT game last season and is winning B1G titles and regularly competing for them... M basketball is in great shape though a level below the blue bloods.

Tldr; M is going to be fine.
                      Well, we have 2 top 50 overall types in last class and already this one...unless you were talking at PG.

Agree Carton isn't 1ndone.

Comment

• Carton may view himself as a 1 and done. Any time you get into the top 20 in the rankings, it has to at least be in your head. I think he saw tosu as his best opportunity to be featured as such, instead of backing up X in his Senior year and shining in Year 2.

Comment

• Could have ended up backing up DeJulius too, mind you. DeJulius is an inferior prospect, but he's not chopped liver and will have a year in a system in which for a PG that extra time is really valuable.

Comment

• DDJ is a guy who's really intriguing. Could be a stud out the gate. Could take a year

Comment

• shaddup
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It looks like 6'5" SG Lester Quinones (#76 247comp) is a target for U of M. This from thewolverine.com:

Comment

Working...
                                X