X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He looks more like a wing player but I like what I see:

Comment

• A guy apparently on the 2020 radar is Jabri Abdur-Rahim, son of Shareef. His composite is #40. Sam Webb has a write-up about him, for you 247 subscribers.

Comment

• And, somewhere along the way, I guess we offered 2020 7-Footer Zack Loveday. His composite ranking is #49. Beilein is getting some offers out there!

I'll look for video on these last two.

Comment

• Loveday looks like a lefty who could certainly stand to put on 30-40 pounds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzk8Ggtai9g

Comment

• Loveday will probably be OSU.

There's a lot of good guys were in on for '20. Might be a 4 recruit class.

Comment

• He's a southern Ohio boy. Almost as southern as you can get. UK or Louisville are huge threats. UK won't offer, so there's that, but Louisville has. I'd give them a slight edge over the field

He also played against absolute crap competition until halfway through the season. I know he plays AAU and all that, but his HS experience is largely a waste -- a 7-footer dominating teams that start a 6'2" kid at center. But, you can't teach 7 feet, so you definitely take him.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This is years off but, since he's the nation's top H.S. Freshman, has an article about him on The Michigan Insider's page, and has already been hyped for a couple of years, I'm going bring up Emoni Bates. I know a guy that is close to his family and him and, at least as of a year ago, he wasn't considering Michigan. Even though he went to junior high at Clague and now goes to an Ypsilanti H.S., it doesn't sound like proximity is going to help much. I don't know why there's a lack of interest but that seems to be the case. It would be a huge feather in Beilein's cap if he were to change his mind. Maybe as things get closer to 2022, I'll check back in with my friend and see if anything has changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post

Update: Wilson is now at #44 composite and Bajema has dropped down to #120. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the drop is due to why he was a diamond in the rough in the first place, because his H.S. is tucked away in western Washington. 247 still puts him at #58 (and #31 for Wilson) in their rankings. Also, both players have signed their LOI.
                  Another Rankings Update: Wilson has dropped to #46 while Bajema remains at #120. 247 does list Wilson at 6'8" which may be a little taller than before.

For 2020, Zeb Jackson is at #62.

Comment

This is years off but, since he's the nation's top H.S. Freshman, has an article about him on The Michigan Insider's page, and has already been hyped for a couple of years, I'm going bring up Emoni Bates. I know a guy that is close to his family and him and, at least as of a year ago, he wasn't considering Michigan. Even though he went to junior high at Clague and now goes to an Ypsilanti H.S., it doesn't sound like proximity is going to help much. I don't know why there's a lack of interest but that seems to be the case. It would be a huge feather in Beilein's cap if he were to change his mind. Maybe as things get closer to 2022, I'll check back in with my friend and see if anything has changed.
                    He won't play college ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post

He won't play college ball.
                      Yeah, the rules may be different by then.

Comment

• Zeb Jackson clip:

https://twitter.com/JordanStrack/sta...22338797797378

Comment

• Since Oracle brought him up in the other thread, I just listened to a radio interview with Lester Quinones. It was done on a Memphis-area station so a lot of the talk was about University of Memphis and Penny Hardaway. That said, he did say he has 3 official visits left and one is to Michigan.

Comment

Yeah, the rules may be different by then.
                            Very likely he will be the first NBA draft pick straight out of high school since 2005.
                            Last edited by Kstat; March 16, 2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• This is regarding the Women's team. I just found out that one of their 2019 recruits is Anderson Varejao's niece. She's 6'4" and was considering a career in modeling before deciding to stick with basketball full-time. If I shoot some games next season, I'll be looking for Sideshow Bob in the stands.

Comment

• I'm annoyed just hearing the name.

Comment

Working...
                                X