Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now's the right time to go after some one-and-dones, because there are other players coming up in the system, and those one-and-dones can be the final piece or two. I still think we have a lot of talent on the bench. But for the long term there needs to be an emphasis on properly identifying good fits amongst the top-100 kind of kids who are going to be 3- or 4-year players. It's just hard to imagine a sufficient supply of five-stars content with a clean recruitment process across the various positions on the court. We don't want to get in that cycle in which there are super-taletned lineups followed by an NBA exodus and then NIT years and all that. We can't be the clean version of Kentucky. Way too ambitious.

Comment

• From what I've read, it sounds like UNC may be close to locking in Jalen Wilson. Hopefully not but Juwan will have an uphill battle.

Comment

• This tweet was liked by Cole Bajema, so things seem to look pretty good on both fronts:

Comment

• Juwan offers his first scholarship. It's to Joshua Christopher, the #6 composite player on 247.

https://twitter.com/JoshHenschke/sta...00515606085632

Comment

• Juwan also offers Abdur-Rahim, after one conversation:
            Right now, Abdur-Rahim said, his recruitment is wide open and will likely hinge on what he sees in the upcoming season. He, as everyone else, has little indication of what Howard’s basketball philosophy is, and plans to be watching closely come the fall to find out.

One might think he's handing out offers like chiclets but the staff had already been recruiting Abdur-Rahim and it seemed like only a matter of time that he was going to get an offer. I think it also shows Juwan's trust in Saddi.

Comment

• Saddi has also been Jabri's lead recruiter.

Comment

• Jalen Wilson is announcing on Wednesday and Juwan hasn't had a visit with him. I'm guessing he's Carolina-bound.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Jalen Wilson to Kansas. Kinda looked like he wasn't coming back here.

Comment

• Too bad he couldn't find it in his heart to give Juwan Howard a chance. Under new NCAA rules covering transfers, he could have played for Howard for a year, and if he decided he didn't like it, he could have entered the transfer portal at the end of the year. Instead, he completely dissed Howard and never gave him a chance.

I guess situations like this are the future of college sports.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Like him a good bit (Wilson), not as a likely NBA player but a very good college player. I had him as a Zak Irvin type with hopefully more aggressiveness. Could've helped Juwan a lot, Juwan just didn't have the time to recruit him.

Comment

• No idea what went on in the background here, but he was ready to listen and expected Howard to come down there and sell himself, which is entirely reasonable. I don't know why that never happened, but it didn't, and that sucks. Hard to know whether to blame Wilson or not, but easy to be disappointed in what looks like a very slow start to recruiting, be it shoring up existing commitments or working that grad-transfer market hard enough. If you filter this whole thing through showing respect for your seniors, which is a very Michigan thing to do, it's very disappointing. Z and Teske deserve better from everyone from Manuel on down. This season doesn't have to be a waste -- you have an elite PG and an elite C and together they make up one of the most lethal P/R combos in the sport. If this ends up a bubble team the lazy analysis will just blame it on the coaching search, but that wouldn't be accurate. There's serious talent on the roster now.

Comment

• The timing of Beilein's departure screwed us pretty badly.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; June 13, 2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                No idea what went on in the background here, but he was ready to listen and expected Howard to come down there and sell himself, which is entirely reasonable.
                                I think the OV to Kansas must've won him over. Yak was also his primary recruiter so that probably played an additional part to Michigan falling further behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X