Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And 2021 PG Kennedy Chandler, #28c, is rumored to be planning a visit.

Comment

• Jace Howard (unranked, but a 3-star) gets an offer.

Comment

• Lance Ware sets an OV. Michigan is in his Final 5.

Comment

• Still no date for Kentucky. He was seen as likely to come to Michigan before Kentucky offered. Hopefully Kentucky's offer isn't a committable one.

Comment

• 7-footer Mark Williams #34c has Michigan on his "Final" list, along with Duke, UCLA, Virginia Tech, Stanford, Georgetown, and Ohio State. So, any of Kessler, Dickenson, or Williams would serve Michigan quite well. I think I'd rank them Kessler, Williams, Dickenson, although Dickenson's size is something the other two can't quite offer.

Comment

• SG Jaden Springer #13c will be making his OV this weekend. Michigan is in his Final 5.

Comment

• So, both Springer and Kessler will be here this weekend, and Zeb may be here as well. Hopefully, there will be great chemistry between the 3!

Comment

• Springer is a Carolina kid who, if memory serves from the Moving Post podcast, isn't loved by Roy Williams. My feeling here is that Michigan getting a five-star player is going to be a combination of liking the school but also not liking his other options. Springer kind of looks like that kind of player to me if that's true about his relationship with UNC. Tennessee was considered a favorite. I sure would like to think that independent of weather concerns Howard can beat out Rick Barnes, though the latter is having what seems to be a pretty unlikely later-career improvement arc. He sure was middling at Texas.

Ware is another one like that, in that he has an offer from Kentucky and loves the school, but probably it doesn't love him back nearly as much.

Burnett looks to me like a guy that could be harder to pull in, if he's not in a rush to decide and is prioritizing PG playing time as a factor. Zeb Jackson as a mid-four-star recruit may not scare him off, or may. I don't know what's going on at his other schools at that position.

It sure is nice though to see this many elite players scheduling visits to Michigan. Hopefully one or two come, and that would be amazing.

Comment

• Burnett's top 5 is pretty unique, not sure what his priorities are in his destination. Zeb looks like a combo guard so he shouldn't scare away any blue chip PG's.

Comment

• Burnett's a combo guard too, it seems. Juwan seems to want his best scorer on the wing, at least in this recruiting cycle. And perhaps talk of positionless basketball in this context refers to something more akin to Beilein's two-guard offense than what it's become by necessity given Z's strengths and weaknesses. Hard to imagine the 18-th ranked recruit fears the 60-th ranked, I agree. But you never know.

Comment

• Michigan makes SG Moses Moody's #43c Final 7. The other 6 are Tosu, USC, Oregon, Kansas, Florida, and Arkansas.

You'd have to think with Michigan in the final mix for so many Top 50 guys, they land at least one.

Comment

• Add Forward Jaemyn Brakefield #33c to the Guys Who List Michigan Amongst Their Finalists list. His is a Top 10, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                            7-footer Mark Williams #34c has Michigan on his "Final" list, along with Duke, UCLA, Virginia Tech, Stanford, Georgetown, and Ohio State. So, any of Kessler, Dickenson, or Williams would serve Michigan quite well. I think I'd rank them Kessler, Williams, Dickenson, although Dickenson's size is something the other two can't quite offer.
                            Va Tech & Georgetown are now cut from this list.

Comment

• To Update it all (I think) for 2020:

#9 Joshua Christopher's Final 5. OV February 5, 2020.
                              #10 Isaiah Todd's Final 5.
                              #13 Jaden Springer's Final 5. OV this weekend.
                              #15 Walker Kessler's Final 6. OV this weekend.
                              #22 Nimari Burnett's Final 5. OV September 5.
                              #29 Hunter Dickson's Final 7.
                              #33 Jaemyn Brakefield's Final 10.
                              #34 Mark Williams' Final 5.
                              #35 Lance Ware's Final 5. OV September 5.
                              #40 Henry Coleman's Final 5.
                              #43 Moses Moody's Final 7.
                              #59 Zeb Jackson. Commit.

3-star Jace Howard. OV September 5.

In the "Beilein offered them but are we still recruiting them?" category:

#44 Micah Peavy.
                              #121 Zach Loveday.
                              #138 Scooby Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                                To Update it all (I think) for 2020:

#9 Joshua Christopher's Final 5. OV February 5, 2020.
                                #10 Isaiah Todd's Final 5.
                                #13 Jaden Springer's Final 5. OV this weekend.
                                #15 Walker Kessler's Final 6. OV this weekend.
                                #22 Nimari Burnett's Final 5. OV September 5.
                                #29 Hunter Dickson's Final 7.
                                #33 Jaemyn Brakefield's Final 10.
                                #34 Mark Williams' Final 5.
                                #35 Lance Ware's Final 5. OV September 5.
                                #40 Henry Coleman's Final 5.
                                #43 Moses Moody's Final 7.
                                #59 Zeb Jackson. Commit.

3-star Jace Howard. OV September 5.

In the "Beilein offered them but are we still recruiting them?" category:

#44 Micah Peavy.
                                #121 Zach Loveday.
                                #138 Scooby Johnson.
                                Update- Mark Williams is making his OV on October 25th. He's rumored to be looking at a decision in November.

Comment

Working...
                                X