No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I just don't agree. There was no commercial market for The Pentagon Papers back then, but there could be in the future.

Comment

• hack.. how many times do you think US intelligence paid for information and leaked it to undermine a foreign power or ruler?
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Or a corporation buying info on a competitor, and leaking it?

I guess I am just not buying this notion that these types of things didn't occur in the past, both in terms of direct or "laundered" info from other parties. These are not new concepts.

Is it worse today, and potentially moreso going forward? I would think so.
        Last edited by Wild Hoss; January 23, 2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Why are those comparable to the notion of commercialized ``whistleblowing"? I don't see them as such.

Comment

• CBS has a story up saying sources at the CIA tell them Trump's visit made morale worse. He brought several rows of people with him from the White House and they're the ones you can hear cheering and clapping in the video

Authorities are pushing back against the perception that the CIA workforce was cheering for the president. They say the first three rows in front of the president were largely made up of supporters of Trump’s campaign

Comment

• Trump's next tweet:

CBS. Failing network. Fake News. Terrible.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• He's going to find governing is very hard.

Comment

• Star Wars Episode VIII will be called "The Last Jedi". Coming out later this year. I can't wait to see what kind of movie the executive board at Disney designs this time!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    Why are those comparable to the notion of commercialized ``whistleblowing"? I don't see them as such.
                    Both are financially motivated, in whole or part.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      Star Wars Episode VIII will be called "The Last Jedi". Coming out later this year. I can't wait to see what kind of movie the executive board at Disney designs this time!
                      I suspect it will suck, and make a trillion dollars.

Rogue One is the best film in the franchise IMO. I look forward to more like it, unburdened by so much...Lucas.

Comment

• I liked The Force Awakens, haven't seen Rogue One. I worked for Disney for a few years, so I don't mind. Although Star Wars weekends screwed up my work in May and June, they took my parking space.

Comment

• I find your lack of space, disturbing?

Comment

• Force Awakens is bad. Really bad. It is adequately fun on the first viewing but it holds up very poorly on the second or third view and falls apart spectacularly if you think about it for a few minutes. Very typical shitty lazy Hollywood writing.

Rogue One is much better. Not a great movie but interesting and actually coherent for a change. I fully expect Episode VIII to be complete garbage. The third trilogy is being written and directed by committee and if Episode VII is any indication, they will be infused with all kinds of phony mysteries and gaping plot holes ala Prometheus and the Lost series, because that is what passes for great "writing" nowadays.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; January 23, 2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Well... Star Wars is a kids movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• btw... my bet would be this is innocent, but still... the left would be screaming if Trump did this.. party politics.
                                Last edited by entropy; January 23, 2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X