No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two full weeks into hosting Fox News Channel’s 9 PM timeslot, Tucker Carlson is averaging 3.7 million viewers, 775,000 of them in the 25-54 news demo, topping CNN and MSNBC in both metrics. Tucker Carlson Tonight’s numbers also are 37% higher in viewers and up 50% in the news demo compared with the 2016 average of Megyn Kelly’s The Kelly File in the 9 PM slot.

Comment

• Are you a Tucker Carlson fanboy? The bow tie screams phony, only Christopher Kimball is credible wearing a bow tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Haha

No that is false, 11 million illegal mmigrants has been the estimate of currently living here. It peaked in 2007 around 12 million.

The study says if you deported them all, that is what would happen to the GDP.
        The country's immigration statistics show that we accepted over a million legal immigrants a year since 2006. So call it 11 million. And our GDP grew by 2 trillion dollars. Basically the study is saying that by deporting an equivalent number of immigrants (illegal in this case?) you are going to hit the GDP by more than double a decade's worth of growth for the entire economy. The study says that this will occur at a time when labor force participation is at a 39-year low. (And this is all entirely based on estimating underground economies for which there is no documentation.)

Comment

• Bow-tie isn't always a red flag, but very often enough it is a good indicator of a problem person. Talent likes bow ties.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            I don't disagree, hack. That eventually gets to my larger point - if you support laws concerning immigration, then I don't think it's wrong to support enforcenent thereof. That said, I'd probably favor something more in line with entropy's middle proposal re paths and such.
            Sure. I see the tension there. The economy requires tolerance of a gray zone, but that's maybe not sustainable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
              Save
              Heh. Thought you'd like this...

[youtube]XaadfwY5bw4[/youtube]

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Of course I think it's great, but, again, I don't see the point in debates over values and ethics. Those are going to differ between us and we should just assume best intentions all around. If you want to stick to facts, go support your argument for "wholesale demographic change". Do it with facts, and not propaganda.
                The fact that open borders advocates are making propaganda videos to encourage the people of Sweden to accept demographic replacement is a pretty solid fact that supports the argument that they want demographic replacement.

Comment

• Are you a Tucker Carlson fanboy? The bow tie screams phony, only Christopher Kimball is credible wearing a bow tie.
                  He dropped the bow tie.

Actually I was very disappointed when he was announced as Kelly's replacement. I thought (and still do) he was very irritating with his childish laugh. But have been watching his show and it may not be the most informative - it is though very entertaining.

Comment

• I don't know what you mean by ``demographic replacement''. Or ``open borders''. Be more specific with terms, please.

Comment

• Never cared for Tucker.

I like James Carville. Sat next to him once at Galatoire's in NOLA. It was the Friday before the LSU game in 2008. Very sharp despite his choice of colleges.

I don't even know if he gets air time anymore. He'd probably also beat that Urschel chucklehead in chess.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Furthermore, some form of that is basically how it is now..
                        It's not how it is now. It's how it was before the Hart-Cellar Act ended the era of immigration being based on needs and the country's best interests and instituted the era of immigration being based on Social Justice, the redistribution of wealth, and hurt feels.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; January 24, 2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I don't know what you mean by ``demographic replacement''. Or ``open borders''. Be more specific with terms, please.
                          Yes you do. You know exactly what I mean. You just don't want to be intellectually honest and admit that these are concepts that you are okay with.

Comment

• If we are going on record, I have no problem enforcing immigration laws. I have a problem with dumbfuckery like "there's been way more than 11M illegals in the past 10 years" and "Obama let everyone in."

That's stupid. And I have a problem with stupid.

I also have problem with building a wall. That is equally stupid, they have shovels and ladders in Mexico. Plus there are 170,000 people that cross the border illegally every year. That's about $150,000 for every person that crosses illegally. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ally/91280026/

Not to mention that undocumented workers are a net plus to the system, and many many have been in the country for more than 20 years making this their home.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I like James Carville. Sat next to him once at Galatoire's in NOLA. It was the Friday before the LSU game in 2008. Very sharp despite his choice of colleges.

I don't even know if he gets air time anymore.
                              Yea he's a dinosaur, they might prop him up on MSNBC or CNN (?) once in a great while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                The country's immigration statistics show that we accepted over a million legal immigrants a year since 2006. So call it 11 million. And our GDP grew by 2 trillion dollars. Basically the study is saying that by deporting an equivalent number of immigrants (illegal in this case?) you are going to hit the GDP by more than double a decade's worth of growth for the entire economy. The study says that this will occur at a time when labor force participation is at a 39-year low. (And this is all entirely based on estimating underground economies for which there is no documentation.)
                                Your issue is with legal immigration or is it illegal immigration?

As to the labor force participation rate (a metric not used until Obama got unemployment to record low levels) that includes retirees, disabled and children as non-participants doesn't it?
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X