No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are probably right, but there's no chance he is brave enough to actually tell plots to fuck himself.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think O'reilly made a could point tonight about the media and people hating Trump in a "unhealthy way". I hated George W the most of any President, but it pales in comparison to what is going on today.

Comment

• I get where some people are coming from on the whole issue of how to react to Trump, with some arguing that responding to every thing they do will somehow numb the public. And when truly bad things happen they won't seem to be any worse than the norm.

But as long as the WH continues to lie (excuse me, use alternative facts), push agenda items clearly influenced by a white nationalist, Trump continues to make false statements every time he opens his mouth, pisses off our allies, lobs ill thought out threats at other countries, etc, the media can't just sit back and accept it as the cost of doing business for this administration.

Now some of the coverage of the internet reaction, maybe that should go to the second page instead of blaring in headlines. The internet is going to internet, and there's pretty much nothing that can be done about that, but maybe not making that a front and center item every time makes some sense.

Comment

• Don't cover his twits, I mean tweets. If you really want to see what the Imbecile-In-Chief disgorges, 'follow' him. The media won't ignore the intellectual flatulence as they all take the attitude that <insert media outlet name here> MUST be the first to report any of His Highness's farts. The media is being used and abused like a puppet, just like during the primaries, and they willingly jump to Trump's strings. He applies Barnum's theory that any attention, good or bad, is better than no attention. The important thing is to be the current center of attention. The media obliges - they're part of the problem.

Dance, media, dance!!!
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
            Don't cover his twits, I mean tweets. If you really want to see what the Imbecile-In-Chief disgorges, 'follow' him. The media won't ignore the intellectual flatulence as they all take the attitude that <insert media outlet name here> MUST be the first to report any of His Highness's farts. The media is being used and abused like a puppet, just like during the primaries, and they willingly jump to Trump's strings. He applies Barnum's theory that any attention, good or bad, is better than no attention. The important thing is to be the current center of attention. The media obliges - they're part of the problem.

Dance, media, dance!!!
            You might be right about Barnum's theory, but the election is over. I'm not sure that works actually trying to govern.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              I think O'reilly made a could point tonight about the media and people hating Trump in a "unhealthy way". I hated George W the most of any President, but it pales in comparison to what is going on today.

I've never really hated any president. They've all done good things and bad things, imo.

I probably respect Bill Clinton the least. I still think if he was a R or worked in an office job, he'd be in jail right now.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Lol at the unhealthy hate. People were (are) convinced that Obama was trying to destroy the country and others thought Clinton killed people and ran a child molestation ring. But people protesting Trump's authoritarian policies is unhealthy hate.

Lolol

Comment

• The press has to report his tweets as well as everything else.

The absurdity of this jackass has to be brought to forefront.

Eventually even the hardcore Trumpholes have to see how ridiculous it is to defend this crap. Don't they?
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CGVT.. why would they?

They have exactly what they want. Someone who is unapologetic about their opinions and ignores the left. It's exactly what Americans want in their president... no compromise, my values/beliefs only..
                    Last edited by entropy; February 7, 2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      Lol at the unhealthy hate. People were (are) convinced that Obama was trying to destroy the country and others thought Clinton killed people and ran a child molestation ring. But people protesting Trump's authoritarian policies is unhealthy hate.

Lolol
                      as a neutral observer, I think the "hate" has been dialed up a notch or two. That doesn't mean it didn't exist, but I bet the F word is at a record high pace on FB since the election.

Comment

• You could take the worst characteristics from the last 5 presidents and that pales to what we've inflicted upon ourselves currently.

I'd trust Bill Clinton with my daughter long before I'd trust Chump with her. As far as despicable character flaws go, Trump is way out of Clinton's league. Not even close.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ghengis.. I would be the exact opposite. Trump may say some disgusting things, but Bill is a whole different level of predator.

I'm not going to disagree with Trump relative to the past presidents. He's certainly not my style nor do I find him remotely appealing, even if I agree with his position now and then.

Comment

• I posted that Jack Shafer article about a week ago, which I think nails it for media. For now, reporters just need to go report. Send the interns to take notes at the Spicer Show, and send your top people out there to do real reporting. This place is Leak City right now. Thousands of bureaucrats are going to be interested in getting something out to the public. It doesn't matter if you're never going to reach some people. You're going to reach enough people, or at least that's what the spike in NYT subscriptions suggests.

What's ultimately important is for print reporters to go get proper stories. We know that Trump watches CNN and MSNBC and then goes to twitter. That's unfortunate because all news on TV is utter garbage, but because they can't do anything themselves and just run with what the papers are reporting, there's at least an opportunity there. Send the talented print people out there to get good stories and drive the agenda.
                            Last edited by hack; February 7, 2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              as a neutral observer, I think the "hate" has been dialed up a notch or two. That doesn't mean it didn't exist, but I bet the F word is at a record high pace on FB since the election.
                              People including Republican Party leaders called for executing Hillary Clinton. But maybe they didn't use the F word.

Comment

• agree hack..

Comment

Working...
                                X