No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 26 of 650 seats are in. Labour has gained one seat at the expense of the Scottish National Party. Has gained elsewhere but not taken any seats currently held by Conservatives. Though I'm seeing reports online that the Cons expect to lose several seats to Corbyn as the night goes on. Haven't seen anything yet to suggest a Labour seat might flip to the Conservatives.

Comment

• Amber Rudd, who Theresa May sent out to replace her in the tv debate (because May was too much of a coward to appear) looks to be in serious danger of losing in her home seat of Hastings.

Comment

• The Vale of Clywyd (Wales) is the first seat Labour officially nabs from the Conservatives.

Comment

• One note crash. The FBI director didn't leak anything. James Comey, private citizen, released his unclassified notes of his meeting with the president.
          And, to be fair, Trump's lawyer said that at least one of the items leaked was classified. I don't know what.

Comey's best point today was that Trump asked the VP, AG, Priebus, and Kershner to leave the room before Trump allegedly asked Comey to go easy on Flynn. You ask people to leave the room to establish plausible deniability. Why, if you are not going to be doing or saying something that you shouldn't, would you do that?

What amazes me is that there was never a leak of the documentation that Trump was not under investigation, or of the three times Comey told Trump that Trump was not the subject of an investigation. I remember that you progs were taken by Trump's self-serving statement that Comey had told him he was not a subject of an investigation that he included in his statement about Comey's firing. It seemed out of place.

Now we find out that what Trump said was true, and that Trump felt keeping the cloud of a "Russian collusion" investigation over his head was hurting Trump's ability to get his program through. It seems that all Trump was concerned about was his own sweet ass, and not about any of the Trumpsters. If you add that Trump is a narcissist, I think you have the real reason Comey was fired (which is what both parties have said, they actually agree on that). Comey wouldn't clear Trump in public, and Comey's "duty to correct" reason for refusing to clear Trump is just BS.

Comment

• Battersea, a seat in the London metro area, went Conservative 51-36 in 2015. Today they have swung to Labour 45-41. More or less a 19 point swing.

Comment

• welp...exit poll turned out to be pretty accurate, lol

May attempting to stay on in a Coalition govt! Her strong and stable example inspires her party

Comment

• The Donald being over friendly with Bill.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  One note crash. The FBI director didn't leak anything. James Comey, private citizen, released his unclassified notes of his meeting with the president.

those "unclassified notes" taken as part of his duties as fbi director should have been the property of the fbi. They should have been turned over to whomever is investigating as part of their government job not as a leak to the press before any government agency has a chance to review them and determine if there was sensitive information in them.

still waiting on your proof of collaboration and obstruction hack

those are impeachable offenses

is the Donald going to be impeached?

do you think moeller allows comey to tesify if comey had a bombshell that could be construed as collusion or obstruction?

Comment

• Do YOU think Moeller would've allowed Comey to talk about his personal notes in an open forum if they were "FBI Property" and classified material?

Comment

• Let's not forget Obama was dealing with his own major scandals at this point in his Presidency. The Left likes to forget!!!

[ame]https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/873024616800727040[/ame]

Comment

• Great article on the Comey Day testimony and three bad things that happened for President Trump

Yesterday’s much-anticipated testimony from the former FBI director included genuine bombshells—which some may have missed.

Comment

• It was arguably a worse day for Jeff Sessions

Comment

• So, Comey has testified DJT told him: "that if there were some ?satellite? associates of his who did something wrong, it would be good to find that out."? But mostly DJT just wanted Comey publicly state what he told DJT and Congress -- that DJT wasn't personally under investigation?

Yeah, good luck with obstruction of justice on that. "It would be good if you continued your investigation and found out wrong-doing."

I'm also still waiting for anyone to actually put this in the context of the criminal statute. I think at this point we pretty much know it doesn't fit.

I sort of like the way the NRO characterized it:

The Comey-Trump relationship is a tale of a bureaucratically agile and self-serving careerist matched against an institutionally ignorant and self-serving outsider. One was careful, memorializing every conversation and calculating his every move; the other was blundering around in the dark ? and eventually blew the whole thing up.
                            Or, from Chris Mathews if you like:

The big story has always been the assumption of the critics of the president ? of his pursuers, you might say ? is that somewhere along the line in the last year, the president had something to do with colluding with the Russians. Something to do, a helping hand, encouraging them feeding their desire, to affect the election in some way. Some role they played, some conversation he had with Michael Flynn, or Paul Manafort, or somewhere. What came apart this morning was that theory? the president said according to the written testimony of Mr. Comey, ?go ahead and get anybody satellite to my operation and nail them, I?m with you on that,? so that would mean Manafort, Carter Page, someone like that.?
                            Last edited by iam416; June 9, 2017, 08:29 AM.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Finally, concerning Flynn:

Sen. Angus King, Maine: Back to Mr. Flynn, would the ? would closing out the Flynn investigation have impeded the overall Russian investigation?

Comey: No. Well, unlikely....
                              So the DJT "broke the law"/"colluded with Russians" nonsense took a big hit. Duh.

The optics, though, as DSL noted when he said he may not have obstructed justice, but he did act improperly -- were bad. Again, from the NRO:

Comey painted an ugly portrait of the president as flagrantly and shamelessly dishonest, oblivious to traditional limits on presidential power, obsessed with personal loyalty to him, having no regard for the independence of law enforcement and the justice system, petty, micro-managing, erratic, mercurial and vindictive. This description of Trump is undoubtedly shocking to all of the Americans who were in comas for the entirety of the 2016 election.
                              That's not impeachable in my book, but, hey, if the Ds get control of Congress and the economy turns south then maybe it will be.
                              Last edited by iam416; June 9, 2017, 08:35 AM.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Trump says Comey lied a bunch, so I'm looking forward to Trump testifying under oath on the same events.

[ame]https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/873165485315162112[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/873167797785939969[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X