Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Geezer:

Politically, it's "collusion" -- whatever one things that is -- that probably matters. Criminally, it's conspiracy, which has a specific definition.
    Right. I've got no idea if there's any sort of criminal charges can arise out of this. Probably not without more to come. It's very much a political issue and the email chain pretty clearly demonstrates that Don Jr, Kushner, and Manafort were all told before the meeting that they were meeting a representative of the Russian government who had damaging info on Clinton. The info was supposedly coming direct from the govt itself. That it was a con (per Trump) doesn't change the image of three top Trump officials open to working with a hostile foreign govt to swing the election.

I'm willing to consider that Manafort in particular had some serious doubts but went anyways.

Random thoughts:

* I'm noticing that the WH and Far Right media have adjusted their arguments from "there was no collusion" more in the direction of "there's nothing illegal about collusion". Others are going with "This was a set up!".

* Also worth noting that Don Jr. has changed his story about this meeting at least twice, arguably three times, and rapidly published the emails minutes before the Times was set to do so.

* There have been no leaks from Mueller's team. If emails like this are being made accessible to the news media, is it crazy to think the Mueller team has already seen more incriminating stuff?

Comment

• Seriously.........have you ever set foot in this God forsaken place
      I have. I drove over their from Palm Springs. Did a bike ride through Joshua Tree up to Keys Lookout (I think that's what it's called -- the spot you can see Palm Springs, Saltan Sea, etc.). Really cool ride. If I could afford it, I'd spend a week riding in California every year. So many different and cool rides.

But, yes, I didn't think it worth spending any more time in shitburg Twentynine Palms than was necessary. Same goes for Banning! Now, Glendora was pretty cool, as was Redlands/Highland, but I didn't have much time to poke around, regardless.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• BTW, who believes that Trump's son, Campaign Manager, and son-and-law all met with someone they believed to be a Russian govt attorney who had the goods on Hillary and didn't inform Trump about it?

Comment

• The NY Times apparently had the emails and called up Don Jr. to ask for a comment before publishing. Don Jr. asked for more time to craft a response. He then used that time to publish the emails himself, lol, to make it look like he was doing so 'voluntarily'

Comment

• Twentynine Palms is the name of a decent if forgotten Robert Plant song.

If this wasn't a bombshell report on Saturday, it has morphed into one by Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              BTW, who believes that Trump's son, Campaign Manager, and son-and-law all met with someone they believed to be a Russian govt attorney who had the goods on Hillary and didn't inform Trump about it?
              You can practically hear the sealing of the bulkheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                BTW, who believes that Trump's son, Campaign Manager, and son-and-law all met with someone they believed to be a Russian govt attorney who had the goods on Hillary and didn't inform Trump about it?
                Geez

Comment

• My son got home from school about an hour ago, and apparently turned on the news because I just received this text from him:

Its Christmas at CNN

Heh.

Comment

• talent, there's good piece that resides in the"Corner" section of the National Review On Line. I can't link it and you may have already seen it but, the writer basically says everybody on both sides should just STFU and wait for (your famous line .....) the process to play out.

..... and I'd recommend this piece (yeah, I know its from the NRO so, Foot and DSL might not want to read it) to everyone that is interested in What's Going on with the Trumps (could be a fucking Soap, actually).
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I read it, it is from Goldberg. I will say this, Trump Junior would not do well under interrogation.

Comment

• Is it possible that he might get waterboarded, under dad's proposed standards for interrogation? I mean, its kinda like espionage and national security-type stuff.

:D

Comment

• I guess it is possible, but he doesn't strike as the type you need to use "enhanced interrogation" technique to get the truth out of him. My 11 year old daughter can commit to a lie more thoroughly in the face in mounting evidence.

Comment

• Don Jr will be on Hannity tonight so be sure to watch for the TRUTH!

I'm sure his lawyer is thrilled

Comment

• Remember...Jr was the smart one.

Comment

• Shia LaBeouf's drunken arrest meltdown: 'I've got more millionaire lawyers than you know what to do with you stupid b—'
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X