No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump is suing Palm Beach County over property taxes. The County assessed Trump National Golf Course in Jupiter, FL as over $18M. Trump claims that's ridiculous, it's only worth $5M.

But naturally (since he's an egomaniac who insists on inflating his net worth) when it came time to declaring the value on his financial disclosure forms he valued it at AT LEAST $50M. Maybe he accidentally added that zero.

Comment

• Let me toss a poser out there. Is it legal to enact a law that would prevent any party affiliation to be printed on a ballot? Or a step further, no title either? On the surface I would think it would force voters to actually be somewhat cognizant of the candidates. The cynic in me thinks that 40% of the electorate are idiots and no party listing would result in random choices made, perhaps biased by gender.

Would such an action have a +/- result? Would such a restriction even be constitutional?
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Only 40%?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          Let me toss a poser out there. Is it legal to enact a law that would prevent any party affiliation to be printed on a ballot? Or a step further, no title either? On the surface I would think it would force voters to actually be somewhat cognizant of the candidates. The cynic in me thinks that 40% of the electorate are idiots and no party listing would result in random choices made, perhaps biased by gender.

Would such an action have a +/- result? Would such a restriction even be constitutional?
          Good question. I really don't know. But I imagine it's probably legal, since judges aren't identified by party on the ballot (even though they all belong to one or the other). Obviously would be impossible for primaries.

Comment

• Trump's lead lawyer on the Russia case sends profanity laced threats and emails to a total stranger who dared criticize him. Kasowitz has apologized

Lot of Trump's people seem to have knives out for this guy...this could make it easier to let him go...

After hearing Rachel Maddow discuss our recent story about Kasowitz, a man emailed the attorney urging him to resign. Kasowitz responded with threats and profanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              This made my morning. Hopefully "The" Oracle also had to spend considerable time living in a tent on the Salton Sea. Regardless, a year in or around Twentynine Palms is a good start.
              Heh, I always wanted to go and check that out. Sounds wonderful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Trump's lead lawyer on the Russia case sends profanity laced threats and emails to a total stranger who dared criticize him. Kasowitz has apologized

Lot of Trump's people seem to have knives out for this guy...this could make it easier to let him go...

https://www.propublica.org/article/m...-emails-maddow
                Anyone read up on kasowitz at all? Sounds like a piece of work.

Comment

• He's a former 'public relations' lawyer.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trump grew up knowing and loving Roy Cohn. He's been trying to find another Cohn ever since the 80's. So he hires these guys who sound like stereotype mob lawyers from a bad Scorsese ripoff movie.

Comment

• Breaking this morning...there was at least one other man in the meeting Don Jr. has repeatedly changed his story about: a former Soviet intelligence officer now-lobbyist that's suspected of having ongoing ties with the Kremlin

(Unclear why NBC is not disclosing his identity despite having actually spoken to him)

The Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr. was accompanied by a Russian-American lobbyist — a former Soviet counterintelligence officer, NBC News has learned.

Comment

• It just keeps getting better.

Comment

• Here are the actual details on how the Russian attorney got into the US. Lot of the Trump-defending conservative media are trying to switch the topic to this by dropping Loretta Lynch's name because they know that's an immediate conspiracy trigger for their dimwit viewers. In fact, Lynch had nothing to do with the decision to parole her into the country or her later visitor visa.

"In Sept. 2015, DHS paroled Natalia Veselnitskaya into the U.S. in concurrence with the U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District of New York, allowing her to participate in a client’s legal proceedings," the Department of Homeland Security said in a statement to BuzzFeed News Thursday night.

"Ms. Veselnitskaya was subsequently paroled into the U.S. several times between 2015 and 2016, ending in February 2016. In June 2016, she was issued a B1/B2 nonimmigrant visa by the U.S. Department of State," it said.

Comment

• Valerie Jarrett and Susan Rice are jealous.

Comment

• oooohhh ahhhh

boris bedanov and Natasha try to help bullwinkle to get elected by sending in rocky squirrel to get some dirt on the PAH. But alas all rocky gets is a bunch of nothing. But maybe fearless leader concocted another scheme to get Bullwinkle elected!
                              Maybe Peabody and Sherman can uncover something in the past explaininghow a dimwitted moose could rise to the top over our heroine the PAH!!! or perhaps its just another fractured fairy tale of collusion and obstruction in our villains desperate efforts to find an impeachable source!

Comment

• Mueller should be fired and all investigations ended immediately.

Isn't that right, crash?

Comment

Working...
                                X