No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geezer- You remember asking how this Russian lawyer got a front row seat at a Congressional hearing?

Her seat was reserved for her by Lanny Wiles, a Republican consultant who was asked by Akhmetsin to grab the seat for her.

Info is from the end of this article

Comment

• thanks.

If you are still up, go over to Drudge. There is a photo of the Fat Boy Agent from Britain in a Russian military hat.

Comment

• Hack, you are willing to proceed to formulate articles of impeachment in the House on the basis of political impropriety?

At this point, that's what we have. I realize it can be done. My view is that's a bad precedent.

It's another matter if Mueller finds illegality. We're not there yet.

Beautiful moring in Paris, BTW.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Good time to be in Paris, but I hope it's cooler than Venice. We biked a route in the Dolomites two days ago without the kids. Blessed elevation. I want to retire in the Dolomites. No better combo of landscape, food and location.

If a cum-stained dress was enough for impeachment then this is too. It's too late to avoid humiliation. When you've got an administration openly flaunting the law in letter and in spirit, you've let it run too long before correcting. I personally blame Obama. He didn't feed at the trough, but he didn't stop anyone from doing so, and he didn't change the rules to make it harder to do. Despite it being clearly necessary. And he had a crisis he could have used to galvanize support. Giant window of opportunity ignored, and now, in part as an indirect result, we have Trump.
          Last edited by hack; July 15, 2017, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• a relatively balanced view of the "Soviet counterintelligence agent..." that was at the meeting with DJTJ:

WASHINGTON (AP) — A prominent Russian-American lobbyist and former Soviet military officer attended a meeting with President Donald Trump's son, son-in-law and campaign chairman last year, the lobbyist said Friday, adding a new wrinkle to the Trump team's evolving explanations about the June 2016 se

Comment

• Hack, hi today in Paris, 72. Unusual. Beautiful.

I get your position. Completely defensible.

I don't think a cum stained dress is enough to impeach. Hated that then, my position is unchanged now.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hack,

Agreed on the Dolomites. Were you close to Cortina? It's become touristy, but I still love it.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "Muh Russia" collusion/impeachment...

After 8 months of REEE REEE-ing over Russia and turning over every rock in existence (preceded by the Obama administration obtaining a FISA warrant on Trump), the most daming evidence that the anti-Trump machine has is a meeting between the Trump campaign and some Russians who had no official affiliation with the Kremlin and who offered up some worthless information. A meeting that was neither illegal nor, I'm willing to bet, unique in the history of Presidential campaigns. But that's speculation on my part. The media doesn't try to expose the making of the sausage for these matters when Democrats are involved. It was also a meeting that took place at Trump tower and not some shady back alley because it had to be kept completely secret, and one that Trump Jr. isn't legally obligated to disclose the details of, I'm willing to bet.

The lawyer at the center of this meeting was previously admitted to the country by the ObamaDOJ under special circumstances and also met with Obama officials and anti-Trump John McCain. The former Russian intelligence agent had previously visited the White House too and he spent more time there than he spent in Trump Tower. The translator at the event has now been outed as a registered Democrat with Liberal views. These three Russians are more tangibly tied to American anti-Trump forces than they are to Putin.

And this is the smoking gun that proves a massive conspiracy between Trump and Putin -- a quid pro quo in which Russia hacks the Democrat Party's servers in exchange for favorable treatment from the Trump administration. (The Russian hacking hasn't even been proven yet. There isn't even any evidence another than anonymously sourced "experts" in Liberal media outlets). This is the "scandal" that will bring down DRUMPF once and for all? Maybe it will. The Republican party is loaded with anti-Trumpers who would love nothing better than to see him twist in the wind. I'll bet that there are more than enough votes in Congress for impeachment if the party Cuckservatives deem it to be politically viable. I wouldn't put it past them. These retards were hours away from voting for illegal immigrant amnesty before the Tea Party revolt put a stop to it. They have an incurable instinct for self destruction.

We should inject some historical context into this discussion here. In the 1930s and the 1940s, Joseph Stalin's operatives heavily infiltrated numerous American institutions. The Democrat-run State Department, academia, and Hollywood were rotten with Bolshevik Communists who aligned themselves with America's enemies. Not phony enemies like Putin. Actual legitimate enemies that we fought in real wars that cost us real lives. That was treason. That's where my goalposts lie with this issue. Demonstrate that kind of disease within the Trump administration and we'll talk.

I'm still waiting for somebody to offer to me one Trump policy item that is both favorable for Russia and counter to American interests. Somebody here name one. Seriously. Name a single one.

What has Der Furher Drumpf done so far? He has pulled us out of the Paris climate agreement and adopted the most pro-fossil fuel energy policy of any President, thereby ensuring at least another decade of depressed oil and gas prices. Trump makes the Bushes look like a couple of hippies when it comes to fossil fuels. Putin, on the other hand, would love to see the Green Party take over the country shut off fracking, and allow the rest of the world's oil producers jack oil prices up to $110/bbl again. There are multiple news stories (even from hack-approved sources!) chronicling the negative effect that low oil prices have had on Russia and Putin. If Putin wanted Trump to win then boy, was he ever stupid.

What is one Trump policy that Putin would actually like? Cooperation on fighting Muslim crazies instead of being on opposite sides? Sounds good to me. Demanding that our allies pull their weight when it comes to defending the free world? Sounds good to me. Refusing to enter WWIII unconditionally if Putin attacks one of his neighbors? Sounds good to me too. Cracking down on illlegal immigration? Why the hell would Putin care about that? Placing restrictions on lobbying on behalf of foreign governments? Why would Putin want that? Tax cuts? Slashing government regulations? Repealing and replacing Obamacare? Is Obamacare bad for Putin? What is there?
                  Last edited by Hannibal; July 15, 2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Heh. I almost for forgot that I originally came to this thread to post this.

Geezer -- you'll like this.

[youtube]6Knuwl2ZQXE[/youtube]

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I don't think a cum stained dress is enough to impeach. Hated that then, my position is unchanged now.
                      A cum-stained dress wasn't enough to impeach, but nobody ever said that it was. That's a very intellectually dishonest way of framing the issue.

But it's useful here, nonetheless. Monica Lewinsky backfired spectacularly on the Republicans. It cost Newt Gingrich, one of the most effective Conservatives of the past 50 years, his job. If created a backlash that led to Bill Clinton leaving office as one of the most popular presidents of all time. It was a massive strategic blunder that the Republicans would have been much better off ignoring.

If that's what happens here, I'll be delighted.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; July 15, 2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Hanni, Trump has brought all of his woe upon himself. Let's review some of his brilliant strategems. 1. Ensure all media is oppositional. Declare that the press, as enshrined in the Constitution, is "an enemy of the American people". Do everything you can to be combative. 2. Project own faults upon others in a very public attempt to humiliate someone. Comey a "grandstander". "Lyin' Ted Cruz". "Crooked Hillary". Kettle, meet pot. 3. Live in a fantasy world. Biggest inauguration ever. Millions of illegal votes for Hillary. Ted Cruz's father was involved with the JFK assisnation. I might have tapes with Comey. 4. Be the person who no one wants to associate with. Make fun of a handicapped person on a national stage. Just grab women by the hoo-ha cuz they like it. 5. Alieniate your most needed allies. Call your generals stupid and remind them you're smarter than they are. Tell the intelligence agencies they don't know what they're talking about. Get you source of information not from the world's most advanced data gathering organizations but from Fox and Friends. 6. Governing style: none. Deflect, lie, deflect, lie is the domestic policy.

Donald J Trump can thank himself for his problems. He should just man up and resign, acknowledging that he is an unqualified, deeply flawed blowhard who should not be in the elected position he finds himself today.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Too bad he won running basically as the same guy.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Hack,

Agreed on the Dolomites. Were you close to Cortina? It's become touristy, but I still love it.
                            No, we went to Bassano del Grappa. The very southern flank. I haven't been in Cortina since '08 or so, but spent a comical Clark Griswoldish 7 days failing to figure out that magic hour in which both the grocery store and the internet cafe were open at the same time. Still.

Comment

• Good points re Clinton, Hanni. He was impeached for trying to avoid liability in a sexual harassment litigation by committing perjury. I didn't think he should be impeached and was glad to to see the Rs horse whipped for it, as you point out. But, the reasons for his impeachment are clear.

Finally, whatever one thinks of President Obama, he presided over devastating losses. Perhaps those were inevitable as the Heartland/non-coastal folks came their senses. Or perhaps his prog policies and talk were rejected. Whatever the reason, the Rs now dominate American politics. And, oddly, there is a case to be made that they are the big tent, anti-establishment party, or at least a number of folks on both sides have been making it. I definitely agree on anti-establishment. Not sure on big tent.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X