Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
    I don't think there is any great mystery...he's every bit the clueless, hedonistic idiot son of the rich that most of us pegged him as ages ago. He doesn't possess the tools or temperament to maneuver politically at this level, or any level, really. He can either force or intimidate people into doing what he wants, or he throws hissy fits.
    All that is true. I guess when I say it is weird, it is hard to wrap my head around someone who has been thinking about the presidency for decades and yet is so ill-prepared.

Comment

• Does anybody here think those on Medicaid should be required to practice birth control while on welfare?
      Maybe then they shouldn't keep proposing things that reduce access and affordability of birth control?

Comment

• thanks for responding. Would you favor it if it were cost-free and readily available? I'd picture something like the 3-month birth control shot being given at an appointment set up at a drug store like flu shots are handled now. Of course, there should be no cost.

I'd also favor not increasing welfare amounts paid to a family on welfare if they have more children.

This whole discussion is where the rubber meets the road on "pre-existing conditions". To me, the idea of obtaining insurance after you find out you are pregnant and calling pregnancy a pre-existing condition is just nonsense. It originates in the pro-abortion mindset that pregnancy is something that happens to you from out of nowhere, like a cist.

Comment

• Capito, Murkowski, and Collins are all NO's to a Repeal-Only bill. I'm sure others would be too. Bill is dead...again

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            Does anybody here think those on Medicaid should be required to practice birth control while on welfare?
            That's a question answered by the GOP, a big no. Take Planned Parenthood and the attempts to defund it. No tax dollars are used for abortion services. (Which is a very small % of their spending anyway). A large chunk is spent on providing free birth control and the identification/treatment of STDs. If you do not increase welfare funds with an increase of children, you should take from them the ability to control their birth rate? They're on welfare for pete's sake, they can't afford birth control.

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            It originates in the pro-abortion mindset that pregnancy is something that happens to you from out of nowhere, like a cist.
            Come on Geez, that type of clearly inaccurate statement usually comes from the neo-nazi trolls. You're better than that, aren't you?
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Be prepared for an onslaught from the WH of "no one's ever worked harder to get a bill passed than Donald Trump with this bill".

Did he do a single town hall or serious speech about it?

Comment

• We might make it to 2018 in one piece (More or less) yet. We'll be across the halfway point by the time tax reform augers in.

Comment

• Tax reform will be just as contentious as health care. Why not do the infrastructure first, in a bipartisan way that will allow everyone to declare victory, fix long overdue problems, and be the first productive thing Congress will have done in years? Of course, Chump would probably veto the bill if it doesn't clearly state that only Trump companies may receive funding,
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                    Why not do the infrastructure first, in a bipartisan way that will allow everyone to declare victory, fix long overdue problems, and be the first productive thing Congress will have done in years? Of course, Chump would probably veto the bill if it doesn't clearly state that only Trump companies may receive funding,
                    Because the few remaining adults in the GOP who might be cognizant enough to propose such an idea, are riding in the backseat while the drunk teenagers have the wheel.

Comment

• "The buck stops here" -- Harry Truman

"The oval office is round so there's no corners you can hide in" -- George W Bush

"Let Obamacare fail. We're not gonna own it. I don't own it" -- Donald J. Trump

Comment

• French remains an ardent "never-Trumper," but this still ought to scare the bejesus out of the Rs: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ocratic-legacy

Any time you're compared to the James Earl Carter presidency, you ought to take great offense and/or be petrified. There's more than some truth to it. The Ds remain cohesively Prog. That's not a majority position, but it may be more than enough to rout a R party that is "big-tenting" traditional conservativism w/ outlandish populism in a partnership that seems as sustainable as any given Dru Berrymore marriage.

It's certainly all there for the Ds. I don't think they have any inclination to move right in the least -- they are all aboard the SS Prog. But, I do think they can find a way to perhaps, ummm, "re-message" a bit or perhaps adjust focus on the margins. IMO, that would be enough to re-secure Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

I'm not sure what they're going to do with the House. They need to run candidates tailored to district sensibilities, but that runs contra to the SS Prog in a number of cases.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah well if all of youse is so damn smert...solve this equation...

x3+3x2-4x-12
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A: Winston Churchill.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• That French article is OK, getting the GOP to stop talking about Hillary Clinton is a non-starter. Even more than Obama, she is the Emanuel Goldstein of their movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                                A: Winston Churchill.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                                yeah...well...Ii a train left New York at 300Mph and accelerated speed at 15Mph and traveled a distance of 683 miles, what time would that train reach Chicago...smart ass?

...if you have seen Johnny Dangerously you would know the answer numbnuts...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X