No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree...but that doesn't equate identical behavior in all instances.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• It certainly isn't symmetrical, only one party has congressional members terrified of getting primaried.

Comment

• lets suppose a bill was passed by the congress beneficial to most of America authored by trump

the prevailing wind in this joint would rather see trump fail over getting a bill passed that's good for the American people

the prevailing wind in the senate seems to be the same

50% of births in America are to medicare recipiants and were gonna blame it on government not providng free birth control

heres your list of the thousands of places you can get birthcontol free or at reduced price. yeah that's the reason for that 50% surge --government woont give them free birthcontrol--lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          It certainly isn't symmetrical, only one party has congressional members terrified of getting primaried.
          Agree with the first part, but not the second. The Berniebros are out there, but they aren't the Tea Party in regards to respective bulk. Yet anyway.

The GOP's problem is that they have been free to act childishly for eight years, while Barack Obama was the grownup in the room. (I would posit that Ds behaved similarly in the latter stages of the Bush Admin) As a result they have not developed much in the way of responsible, rational leadership in congress....and then Trump. Not a good mix.

Not that Cruz would have been much better. Ironically, Little Marco is probably the most mature of the GOP primary finalists IMO.

Comment

• Maybe on the BernieBros, but we have yet to see it. I mean who was the last Democratic congressional person to get seriously primaried? Joe Lieberman is the last one I could think of.

Comment

• Kasich was the only adult in the room
              Last edited by CGVT; July 19, 2017, 09:02 AM.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• On Crash's attempt at a hypothetical, the GOP health bill is polling between 17 and 25 percent. It is very unpopular and it's not a bill that is likely to get more popular once you see its benefits. By any reading of political science, this bill would be consigned to the dustbin of history. Yet it still has a good chance of passing. If there was a bill that was heavily popular and Trump signed it that would be a good test case, but we have yet to see that and there is nothing on the horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  Kasich was the only adult in the room
                  You would think so at first glance, but then the knowledge that talent manloves on him has to give one serious concerns about what kind of depravity and delusion exists below the surface.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    On Crash's attempt at a hypothetical, the GOP health bill is polling between 17 and 25 percent. It is very unpopular and it's not a bill that is likely to get more popular once you see its benefits. By any reading of political science, this bill would be consigned to the dustbin of history. Yet it still has a good chance of passing. If there was a bill that was heavily popular and Trump signed it that would be a good test case, but we have yet to see that and there is nothing on the horizon.

my guess is any bill coming from this congress is going to meet with 17-25 percent approval

my guess is < 10 percent know the actual content of said bill

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                      lets suppose a bill was passed by the congress beneficial to most of America authored by trump

the prevailing wind in this joint would rather see trump fail over getting a bill passed that's good for the American people

the prevailing wind in the senate seems to be the same

You make a lousy weather vane. As an avowed Never Trump'er, nothing would make me happier than seeing him succeed in 'getting a bill passed that's good for the American people'. The GOP offering is far worse than Obamacare, plainly evident to all except the Trumpanzees. After the repeal only gimmick McConnell is preparing to excrete fails, the GOP will have two choices. Fix the problems of Obamacare (and there are many) or do nothing and get little say in the fix when they lose their congressional majority.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Then it is up to Congress and the President to get out there and inform the public on the great benefits of the bill. You hold hearings, you continue to have town halls. You debate it on the floor. If you think it is beneficial then get out on the stump. President Obama made numerous speeches detailing the nuances of the ACA, President Trump should do the same. He should get out there and use the bully pulpit.

Comment

• You can't ever undo an entitlement. No matter how flawed.

As the ratchet turns.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            You make a lousy weather vane. As an avowed Never Trump'er, nothing would make me happier than seeing him succeed in 'getting a bill passed that's good for the American people'. The GOP offering is far worse than Obamacare, plainly evident to all except the Trumpanzees. After the repeal only gimmick McConnell is preparing to excrete fails, the GOP will have two choices. Fix the problems of Obamacare (and there are many) or do nothing and get little say in the fix when they lose their congressional majority.
                            Correct, Kasich had a 90 minute meeting in January or February trying to influence Trump to follow this strategy, he chose Paul Ryan instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              You can't ever undo an entitlement. No matter how flawed.

As the ratchet turns.
                              That is probably correct talent, but you can make adjustments. The ACA itself had a lot of Medicare reforms, it made some cuts. Cue the death panels discussion.

Comment

• Yesterday I posted a link warning that the Rs could go the way of the Ds post-Carter.

Today a bit of hope: http://www.businessinsider.com/liber...nnoying-2017-7 and http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...itical-failure

The first link is the principle opinion piece; the second is a piece based on the first with roughly the same take. If the opinion in either is correct -- and they strike as remarkably correct -- then, huzzah -- the Ds are going full-steam Prog and the Progs ain't going to stop being moralist, judgmental douchers.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X