Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    I feel dirty... I agree with talent..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    May I suggest offing yourself?
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Seconded.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Au contraire. Hartsfield has been funneling money to SEC recruiting endeavors for years. I wouldn't go through security with more than $10 in cash lest you want it to end up in the hands of the next Alabama hell-raising DT manchild.

Is it really any surprise that an Alabamaniac is pushing increased forfeiture?
        Fucking Alabamians. Nothing ever changes.

Comment

• Well done all around, gents. Do go on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            Allowing CFF in lieu of prosecution seems awfully close to allowing people to buy thier way out of convictions. (Not that it doesn't already happen)

CFF is a terrible idea all around.
            Pre-charging agreements are often done w/o CFF.

Its definitely sketch.

Comment

• Strange:
              So your essential argument is the only people who are capable of judging Trump objectively are people who donated to Trump or voted for him or have pledged everlasting loyalty to him.
              No, my argument is
              1. I can't imagine any situation in which a competent lawyer has not represented both Dems and Rep.
              2. Donating to or working for the Dem party for a length of time is a far different thing, though. It shows a level of commitment.
              3. Mueller is charged with avoiding the "appearance of impropriety" as part of his job description. Once you hire ONLY donors or members of the "shadow government" that was one purpose of the Clinton Foundation, regular folks see that as improper.

And Hillary's known crimes are relevant to this discussion because the fact that they were never "investigated" lends credibility to what is obvious-that there is a different standard applied to Reps than to Dems. This goes to the heart of "the appearance of impropriety".

Besides, why not hire a liberal Republican, just for appearances.

Comment

• Hillary? Who?

Irrelevant.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Clinton Foundation is the Shadow Government, CGVT. Get right with the TRUTH!

A PEDOPHILE RING IS IN THE PIZZERIA BASEMENT ALL ORCHESTRATED BY HILLARY! SETH RICH FOUND OUT AND WAS MURDERED!

Comment

• Mueller expands probe to Trump business dealings. Trump made veiled threats to Mueller against doing this.

Also I didn't even know Wilbur Ross was a top exec at the Bank of Cyprus. Geez, that's every Russian mobster's favorite tax haven and money laundering center.

Comment

• Hey Geezer, what are your thoughts on Sessions, since you artfully dodged any opinion on him?

Should he resign immediately as repentance for betraying the great and infallible Trump?
                      I think Sessions is/was far more concerned with his "reputation" than with performing the function of the AG. Obama appointed Holder and Lynch-- hard-core party hacks who protected him. Going back to Bobby Kennedy, the President almost always appoints an AG that is close personally to the Pres. IMO, Sessions was too concerned with the "appearance of impropriety", and he should not just have offered his resignation, he should have resigned, period.

Comment

• And Geezer, while you're typing, can you explain why the leader of your ideology, the man who is infallible, the great Trump, would give an interview to the failing New York Times to blast Jeff Sessions, on a day when the Repeal of the hated Obamacare, is falling apart?
                        Trump is no leader of my ideology, as I'm sure you know. I didn't vote for him. As I've said many times, Trump cannot possibly have spent a lifetime in NYC and not have left-leaning opinions. And then there is his narcissism. I figure the opinion of the NYT is more important to him than it is to any other Republican I can think of.

Try to keep in mind that his really influential advisers, Cohn and Kushner especially, are life-long liberals. Trump was in favor of single-payer health care during the election. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Gorsuch nomination, and I think conservatives should give Trump a chance.

Comment

• You gotta be the dumbest.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• For those unfamiliar, there is criminal asset forfeiture. If you're convicted of a crime, the government can take ill-gotten property. Civil asset forfeiture is taking property (mostly money) from a person suspected (but not necessarily charged) of a crime. The practice has emerged as a response to the "war on drugs" but has expanded and is now at the point where, perhaps, it's more "revenue generating" than anything else. It strikes me as blatantly unconstitutional -- you just can't take people's shit w/o the proper process and being suspected of a crime can't satisfy that.
                            I agree completely. In fact, many years ago, at the request of John Conyers, I testified before his committee about the matter.

A more recent story: I own a pretty fair sized parcel of land in Carmel, CA. Cali had no "absentee landowner" defense available, so, if pot were found on my land, the government could take the land under civil asset forfeiture when I was charged. There are scores of stories in Ca. of sheriff departments planting pot, then "arresting" an absentee owner for the purpose of ultimately taking the land. With legalized pot since Nov., it is harder to prosecute, and besides, it turns out that my land is one of the only parcels in Monterey County to be zoned for the type of horticulture that pot-growing is. The government giveth.....the government taketh......

Comment

• The Clinton Foundation is the Shadow Government, CGVT. Get right with the TRUTH!
                              I don't believe the foundation did any actual governing, but staffing the foundation with Clinton-era personnel gave Hillary a bullpen full of appointees for when she became President. She has admitted as much. IMO, Hillary agreed to support Obama in 2008 as part of a deal in which she would get the nomination in 2016. Can any of you Dims here explain to me why there were no actual contestants for the Dem nomination for the open presidential seat in 2016? JMO.

Comment

• "...inspired words from a man who knows how to ski..."
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X