No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da Geezer doesn't grasp the concept of probability.

Comment

• I mean polling companies routinely float 2020 scenarios as well and Trump loses by 10+ points to people like Biden and Sanders. This is just one example, from May, and his popularity has gone down even more since then.

Even if you accept the premise that the polls were way off base in 2016, by 'way off base' you're talking about a margin 1-3%. Not a 10-15 point swing.

Comment

• Sarah Sanders verified the Post story that Trump had a hand in drafting the misleading statement on Junior's Russian collusion meeting.

Comment

• Something any other dad would do in that situation.

Comment

• That in particular is supposedly why Mark Corallo (Trump's ex-legal team spokesman) resigned: in protest over issuing a statement he knew was evading the truth.

Comment

• American Hero Robert Mueller will be investigating this, as he should.

Comment

• Trump allegedly called the Whitehouse a dump...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Btw... will the polls for 2020 be more accurate than the polls for 2016?

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    Trump allegedly called the Whitehouse a dump...

No stuffed lions, no gold toilets, no water-spewing swans. Sad!

#failingwhitehouse

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      Btw... will the polls for 2020 be more accurate than the polls for 2016?

Again, how inaccurate do you feel the polls in 2016 were? The national average was off by about 1 point.

Comment

• Justice Dept. preparing to sue universities over affirmative action plans...

The Trump administration is preparing to redirect resources of the civil rights division toward investigating and suing universities deemed to have discriminated against whites, a document says.

Comment

• In a move that is sure to get talent all kinds of randy, Trump Justice to sue universities over affirmative action admission policies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/01/u...versities.html

I don't really know enough about this issue to form an opinion either way...it could be a policy trend that is due for some re-examination.

EDIT:

Goddamn DSL!

Comment

• It's worthy of some re-examination. In particular more emphasis on economic status rather than race would probably be welcome...the end result would still assist Blacks and Hispanics more often than whites.

However with Sessions/Bannon/Trump doing the examination, I suspect there's little point other than to nourish a sense of grievance among white Americans; THEY and not minorities are the real victims of discrimination after all...

Also worth remembering that some of the most undeserving admissions of all are Legacies, and no one ever seriously argues for and end to those. Example: Jared Kushner, whose dad donated $2.5 Million, got into Harvard. A source at his elite high school told Pro Publica that with his GPA and SAT scores, no one there felt he had a chance of getting in.

ProPublica editor Daniel Golden wrote a book a decade ago about how the rich buy their children access to elite colleges. One student he covered is now poised to become one of the most powerful figures in the country.

Comment

• RE: Trump and "The White House is a DUMP!"

1) Trump's just showing his blue collar roots here and his remarkable understanding of the common man. Most down to earth politician ever

2) Hillary Clinton paid Ukraine to sell Uranium to Seth Rich's killers, arranged by Loretta Lynch on the tarmac, and unmasked by Susan Rice at Bengahzi!

3) Obama once didn't wear a tie in the Oval Office and, by doing so, disgraced the Presidency and White House.

Comment

• In addition to legacies, Universities also give special preference to kids who play basketball and football really well. I don't really care. However, they - as in the Govt - ought not be basing decisions on race. In this regard, California is actually a model. Weird.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X