No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in mid-July, 2 Dem Reps filed Articles of Impeachment against DJT (HR 438 ). I took it as nothing more than Democratic grandstanding. A GOP controlled House means the AOI will never get out of committee, much less see the light of day. However, looking at Article 2, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Constitution, pardons can not be issued for cases of impeachment.

"...and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

Since the Articles have been officially filed, perhaps the Cheeto-In-Charge has one less option for himself? No self pardon (which is not prohibited by the Constitution)?
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So you Maxines are OK with setting up a new grand jury in DC where the population is 96% Democrat? Don't you see anything that might appear improper with that? Why not try Trump in N. Virginia, already a heavily Dem area, where the grand jury is already in place?

Care to name any place in the US where there is a higher density of Democrats than the swamp? How about any place where the balance is more lopsided than 96-4? Any place?

Comment

• Are you using the term Maxines because she is a black woman? Are you using is as a pejorative? When you use that term are you actually interested in a true debate?

Comment

• As far as where Mueller has empaneled a Grand Jury, his office is in Washington. He was appointed as special Counsel after Trump potentially obstructed the investigation in Washington by firing Comey. If he was worried about it, he shouldn't have fired Comey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            So you Maxines are OK with setting up a new grand jury in DC where the population is 96% Democrat? Don't you see anything that might appear improper with that? Why not try Trump in N. Virginia, already a heavily Dem area, where the grand jury is already in place?

Care to name any place in the US where there is a higher density of Democrats than the swamp? How about any place where the balance is more lopsided than 96-4? Any place?
            When I read tripe like this there is only one thing that comes to mnd...

Reclaiming my time!
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
              So you Maxines are OK with setting up a new grand jury in DC where the population is 96% Democrat? Don't you see anything that might appear improper with that? Why not try Trump in N. Virginia, already a heavily Dem area, where the grand jury is already in place?

Geezer helping his fellow travelers set the stage for 1) All evidence against Trump has been faked 2) The jurors were all biased 3) The investigators were all biased.

Fits right in with "this Mexican can't judge me fairly because I wanna build a Wall".

Comment

• Speaking of Fake.

"No one has more followers than me" Ha! What a fucking dumbass

A quick investigation into Trump’s Twitter followers has found that an incredible amount of the president’s purported fan base are fake bots.

Just a few days into his 17-day vacation, President Trump went on one of his signature Twitter rants, which included attacks on several media outlets and a tirade against Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal. But funnily enough, it’s a seemingly innocuous retweet of his from over the weekend that’s captured our attention.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
                Thank you Nicole! [ame]https://twitter.com/protrump45/status/893964534729388032[/ame] …
                6:01 PM - Aug 5, 2017
                9,570 9,570 Replies 10,249 10,249 Retweets 50,005 50,005 likes

On Saturday night, Trump used Twitter to thank a supporter named Nicole Mincey (aka @protrump45), a self-described “black conservative” who sells Trump merchandise. Back in June, the conservative website the Daily Caller ran a profile of the ardent Trump fan, describing her as someone who “grew up in poverty” and who was inspired to vote for Trump after she realized Obama “did not do a good job for African Americans.” The Daily Caller also said that “she has demonstrated extreme bravery for being a voice of black conservatism,” and that she was “a beautiful representation of black Republicans and overall minority conservatives.” There’s just one small problem: Nicole Mincey doesn’t actually exist.
                Curious citizens embarked on an investigation and found that Nicole Mincey is, in reality, a young college student in New Jersey whose name, address, and image have been used to create a pro-Trump bot account on Twitter. Heavy.com got in touch with the real “Nicole Mincey,” who says her identity was stolen in order to sell Trump products (and to flatter the president on social media). Not only was Mincey’s name used to create a fake Twitter account, but it was also stolen to start a Trump merchandise store (where she’s listed as the main point of contact), and a GoFundMe account for “Young Black Republicans,” which no longer exists.
                After Trump’s high-profile retweet of Mincey’s post led to the unmasking of @protrump45, the name and profile image on the fake account were briefly updated to something else entirely, until Twitter suspended the account altogether—standard procedure for outed bot accounts. As of this morning, Trump has yet to take down his retweet.
                Sadly, Nicole Mincey isn’t the only Trump bot out there pushing pro-Trump propaganda and merch. Over the weekend, several Twitter users pointed out a number of fake accounts that have all been using photos of T-shirt models in order to create fake personas online. One Trump bot account (which has also been recently suspended) pulled a photo of a “trendy Hispanic girl” (that is the actual search term) from apparel mockup site Placeit, which allows users to promote their T-shirt designs on models. The profile photo of “Nicole Mincey” was also pulled from that site, as were a number of other fake accounts featuring photos of primarily African-American and Latino fans. (If you can’t win minority voters over, make them up!) On Sunday, Placeit condemned the use of its images for identity fraud and said it will be reporting every instance of it.

Local Milk Person?️ @funky4lyf
                Your "black" Trump conservatives use stock photos to sell their money-making gimmick.
                12:28 AM - Aug 6, 2017
                461 461 Replies 33,036 33,036 Retweets 66,552 66,552 likes

It’s impossible to tell how many Trump bots are out there, but some have made the case that there could be millions of fake accounts on Twitter. In May, Mashable reported that Trump’s rapidly growing popularity on Twitter seemed a little suspect. Ever since assuming office, Trump had added almost 7 million new followers, but over 4 million of those new accounts didn’t feature a profile picture, but rather an egg avatar, which is a usual sign of a fake account. According to Twitter Audit, only 55 percent of Trump’s Twitter followers are real accounts, meaning 15 million of his #MAGA followers are phony.

Most of these accounts tweet each other. It's hilarious how many use the same T-shirt models. https://twitter.com/mtsaintmarys/following

Never let it be said that Trump doesn't have diverse fictional followers.
                Whether Trump is aware that almost half of his Twitter base is a figment of his imagination seems unlikely. Who is behind it is another question entirely. But one thing’s for sure, Trump certainly takes pride in his questionably robust social following. Just last week, the president tweeted, “Only the Fake News Media and Trump enemies want me to stop using Social Media (110 million people).” And yet Trump only has 35.3 million Twitter followers and 23.8 Facebook followers, so where he got that overly inflated number in particular remains a mystery—perhaps Nicole Mincey gave it to him?
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trump proudly shares a Fox & Friends story that's entirely based on anonymous leaks of classified information. Somehow I'd wager there will be no investigation into this one.

Comment

• I guess you Maxines can't come up with a more highly Democratic location than DC.

I use Maxine because she is already laying the groundwork for impeaching Mike Pence. Totally delusional. Seems to me to fit perfectly with the group here.

Comment

• Reclaiming my time!

Comment

• You can't make this shit up.

"It's incredibly dangerous when things go out to the press like that. You're not just getting a scoop, you're playing with people's lives," said Haley.

UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on Tuesday slammed an apparent leak of classified details about US intelligence seeing North Korea load up anti-ship missiles onto a patrol boat.

"I can't talk about anything that's classified and if it's in the newspaper that's a shame," Haley said in an appearance on "Fox and Friends." "It's incredibly dangerous when things go out to the press like that."

"You're not just getting a scoop, you're playing with people's lives," said Haley.

But it looks like President Donald Trump had another reaction to the anonymous leak.

On Tuesday morning, the president retweeted the story before tweeting: "After many years of failure,countries are coming together to finally address the dangers posed by North Korea. We must be tough & decisive!"

The story, a scoop from Fox's Pentagon reporter Lucas Tomlinson, cited anonymous US defense officials as saying “North Korea is not showing any evidence it plans to halt its missile tests,” and describing "a trend that does not bode well for hopes of de-escalating tensions on the [Korean] peninsula.”

Tomlinson regularly publishes scoops from the Pentagon, often about breaking news or incidents at sea.

Trump's focus on North Korea comes after the UN Security Council unanimously voted to impose unprecedented sanctions on Pyongyang a month after the Hermit Kingdom first demonstrated an intercontinental ballistic missile.

As president, Trump can declassify information as he sees fit, and he tweeted on Monday his dissatisfaction with much of the press' coverage of the sanctions on North Korea.

North Korea has tested ship-launched missiles in the past and relies on boats to receive data from missile tests that stray far from the mainland. The arming of a patrol boat could indicate preparations for another missile test by North Korea.

Comment

• Lol. Pathetic excuse making for the shittty grifter president.

Maxine. Lol!
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Be assured, if Trump and company are innocent of any wrongdoing the dream team of Robert Mueller will clear them of it. It won't matter of the grand jury is in DC or on the Rocket Docket.

He probably shouldn't have fired Comey if he wanted to keep the grand juries in EDVA.

Comment

• "You lazy fucking orange bawsack" Ha!

[ame]https://youtu.be/0ehxkWURcso[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X