Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is a better martyr than QB
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• He is the latest in a long line of ?mobile? quarterbacks who REDEFINED THE GAME!...for one year, only to wind up hitting the waiver wire after going 50/50 on TDs/INTs over the next two seasons. If he had a QBR in the 90s, his kneeling would be a sideshow.

Comment

• Am I allowed to think both of these are dumb?

A) I'm gonna kneel during the national anthem till racism goes away

B) I'm furious at that guy for kneeling during the national anthem!
        Sure. It's America, man.

He would be a serviceable back-up if not for the distractions of the inevitable and constant rhubarbs of "THEY WON'T PLAY HIM BECAUSE OF RACISM!!!!" and his expectations of a starting QB's contract dollars.
        Correct. Personally, I find his praise of Castro and condemnation of HRC as a racist more appalling, but man can have his opinion. But, when you're a mediocre QB you best know you're expendable for a host of reasons.

Cam or Russell Wilson can do whatever the fuck they want and still get a job. They'll tolerate the bullshit because they have to.

In any event, my larger point is your words and opinions have consequences -- own them. Whether you're a Google employee or NFL QB.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Wiz is word-consequence-free. Livin' the dream.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Also, my apologies for raising issue not directly related to DJT twittering and other looney shit. I don't hang breathlessly on his word, so, you know, it's not really my thing.

Comment

• No apologies necessary; raise whatever issues your heart desires in here. Its likely that somebody will comment on it even.

The expectation that the media should hold issues like internal google memos in the same high regard that you though...not super-realistic. I was just having a little fun with it is all.

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This is, perhaps, the only thread on the entire interwebs that could use more posts from "The"_Wizard_. It is also like every other thread on the interwebs in that it could use less posts from "Wild" Hoss.

Comment

• "STFU"

Comment

• I've read that Google memo twice, it is very hard to comment on it without knowing the context of where it's coming from. I don't work at Google, but I've worked in tech industry and I don't understand the context where someone sends out a 10 page memo on diversity hiring. Its strange, he seems like maybe he is the type of guy who probably was the annoying one in the office. The memo itself is a meandering mess, he's a software engineer who's really impressed with himself. There are plenty of those in the tech business.

Comment

• Well, I mean, he's a millenial software engineer so the the presumption is near fucking irrebuttable that he's an annoying douche. That said, the coverage of the "memo" as some sort of "sexist screed" was, IMO, an open lie.

However, there is a bizarre presumption that men and women are identical and in a perfectly free society devoid of sexism all jobs would be 50/50. That is, of course, fucking preposterous on so many levels. But, it's the sacred cow and if you challenge it, well, look out. Because if it isn't true then the disparate impact bullshit is, well, bullshit.

Anyway, I encourage Google to get to 50/50. I'll be doing my best to get Star Trek viewership up to 50/50 (from 99.9/0.1) with a vigorous social media campaign.

Comment

• That said, I have to actually side with him a bit. Clearly he said "seig heil" in an ironic, mocking manner and got canned for that? He's said far worse, contributed nothing of value, and CNN loved him cuz he captured eyeballs
                          They loved him because he was a blubbering fool and he made conservatism look bad.

Comment

• Plenty of women like Star Trek! Remember when Kirk bedded that green Orion slave girl? She was down-right giddy after her "meeting" with the good captain. And Uhura loved wearing that short red skirt and putting that dreidel in her ear.

Get your facts straight, "Talent".
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              They loved him because he was a blubbering fool and he made conservatism look bad.
                              Same reason we love you.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I've read that Google memo twice, it is very hard to comment on it without knowing the context of where it's coming from. I don't work at Google, but I've worked in tech industry and I don't understand the context where someone sends out a 10 page memo on diversity hiring. Its strange, he seems like maybe he is the type of guy who probably was the annoying one in the office.
                                Let your daughter read it and explain it to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X