No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said 8-3/7-4? How far off was I? Too lazy to look it up.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Looked it up. We were 8-3.

Shameful season. No traditional powerhouse should EVER suffer an 8-3 season or worse. No excuses.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 1995 started Alabama's shameful troubles against The Fat Man.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah. Tennessee with Peyton and Bama with probation. Not a great combo

Comment

• You know, Trump should have denounced the nazis in Virginia because of their affinity for him as a candidate; HOWEVER, I am generally against the media and public's expectation that anytime something bad happens - when any group murders, robs, raped, destroys things, whatever - that the president, senators, governors, mayors, city dogcathchers are required to issue a statement of condemnation.

I think it's reasonable to assume that we are all against these things. Even Trump. No statement of condemnation should be necessary, imo.

That said, please join me in my statement of condemnation of The "Talent".

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              1995 started Alabama's shameful troubles against The Fat Man.
              Same as Mrs Wiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

That said, please join me in my statement of condemnation of The "Talent".
                That sentiment would be near-unanimous nationally, except I suspect among middle-aged gay men with nerd fetishes.

Comment

• Aa's comments regarding talent seem scripted and not heart felt.... certainly not strong enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    I think it's reasonable to assume that we are all against these things. Even Trump. No statement of condemnation should be necessary, imo.
                    Correct.

Getting lost in the debate about who should condemn this or that group is the realization that a good deal of the racial, religious and ideological tension in the US can be laid at the feet of DJT and his inner circle.

He's become the most dangerously polarizing president in my lifetime. Nixon comes close but is a distant 2nd. This is the truth about Trump that I'd like the press to keep the bright lights on.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I always felt that those presidential statements were silly statements of the obvious myself. It doesn't seem like we need POTUS to know that sectarian violence is bad. Or, at least, it didn't seem like it before. But maybe we really DO need PsOTUS to state the obvious at key times.

Comment

• He's become the most dangerously polarizing president in my lifetime. Nixon comes close but is a distant 2nd. This is the truth about Trump that I'd like the press to keep the bright lights on.

What would you have them do? That's an opinion, and is based on one's values. I'd rather the press stick to reporting the facts. Should the facts lead to the conclusion you've made then so be it. As it can be said, the press is supposed to be a mirror through society can view itself. It shouldn't be out there looking to cherry-pick facts that point to conclusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          I always felt that those presidential statements were silly statements of the obvious myself. It doesn't seem like we need POTUS to know that sectarian violence is bad. Or, at least, it didn't seem like it before. But maybe we really DO need PsOTUS to state the obvious at key times.
                          We might need to know that POTUS thinks its bad. Or that he is at least willing to verbalize, even begrudgingly, that it is.

Comment

• You know, Trump should have denounced the nazis in Virginia because of their affinity for him as a candidate; HOWEVER, I am generally against the media and public's expectation that anytime something bad happens - when any group murders, robs, raped, destroys things, whatever - that the president, senators, governors, mayors, city dogcathchers are required to issue a statement of condemnation.
                            While in general I would agree, Trump opines on anything that moves. He's also been quick to jump on Muslims and immigrant crime/terror attacks when given the opportunity. He's also shown a lack or urgency (concern?) when it comes to white men attacking non-whites. He's essentially turned the spotlight on himself.

Comment

• Trump's RCP polling average has hit a new low: -20

His approval rating in Gallup, in particular, is approaching historical lows. 61% disapproval is apparently lower than Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, or Obama ever reached during their entire presidencies. Only Dubya got that bad and it took him six years to do it. That was 2006 and the Republicans were punished for it in the midterms.

And he's that unpopular with a good economy and not having faced a single major crisis.

Comment

• Depends on what you mean by "crisis". He's arguably a crisis all on his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X