Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent,

Walter Sobchak was one of the best characters ever. John Goodman player him perfectly, too.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You're stating the wildly obvious, AA.

I've seen a lot of spinals, and this guy's a fake.
      Lord, you can imagine where it goes from here.
      He fixes the cable?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Of the dozens of organizations that turned out for Sunday’s mass protest against racism here, one group was impossible to miss.

both sides have blame

Berkeley turning into a real shitstain college campus

soon to follow Missouri's lead

The college has had to close dorms and cut jobs because of plummeting enrollment, which officials attribute largely to fallout from protests in 2015.

Comment

• The entire Bay Area is emblematic. I'm sure the Rs will continue to their damndest to make SF the beacon of the D party. And Mizzou got exactly what they deserved for being so remarkably fucking feckless.

I said at the time of Charlottesville that there will be an appropriate time and place to start taking antifa to task. It was NOT then. But every time they do shit like this it's a good time. Unfortunately, the task-taking is minimal.

Comment

• one of these days one of those missles is going to malfunction like many do

and hit somebody ie japan

what choice do you have then but to launch fire and fury?

Comment

• Look, DJT's red-line BS re Un was stupid as fuck but .......

The reality is that for as long as I can remember, whenever the US and S. Koreans ran joint military exercises on the Korean Peninsula, the North responded militarily in some way. I can remember a NK patrol boat colliding with USN Destroyer operating very close to NK coastal waters.

The difference this year is that NK has ICBMs. They're firing them for effect. IMO, not a big deal. Hopefully, the generals will keep Trump calm and his mouth shut.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• kinda reminds me of a clint movie with lee van cleef

shooting each others hats off etc

except with missles

Comment

• There's nothing to do about NK. That ship sailed long ago and, perhaps, at the end of 1950 when China intervened to save that shitass country. Now there is only one gameplan and it's unsatisfying. However, as long as the dude with sweet hair prioritizes ruling an existing country and staying alive, the deterrent effect keeps them in check.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                    kinda reminds me of a clint movie with lee van cleef

shooting each others hats off etc

except with missles
                    The logic is scary....but you get an "A" for the metaphor!

Comment

• What I don't understand about North Korea is they want to continue to exist, but there's no push for Korean reunification. It will exist! No country wants to be on the hook for cleaning up that mess, certainly not South Korea. The only way it happens if they push it too far and get stuck in a war.

Comment

• When you thought the situation in Houston couldn't get any worse...alligators.

http://wncn.com/2017/08/28/300-gator...ght-of-fences/

Comment

• China provides 70% of all energy and food to NK. What happens here is what China wants to happen. China's is an export-driven economy, and that requires global stability.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/NWSKansasCity/status/902484252599705601[/ame]

Some perspective on the flooding in Houston..
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              There's nothing to do about NK. That ship sailed long ago and, perhaps, at the end of 1950 when China intervened to save that shitass country. Now there is only one gameplan and it's unsatisfying. However, as long as the dude with sweet hair prioritizes ruling an existing country and staying alive, the deterrent effect keeps them in check.

Clinton certainly accelerated their capabilities as president... I'm not sure there is anyone in the US that is more at fault. And Trump has zero ability to create a collation of nations to help fix this. so, as you said,... the threat is all we really have.
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm not sure Clinton had viable options. I know they were very close to starting a war with NK that would have cost an estimated million lives. That was, until Jimmy Carter called from Pyongyang with a deal!

But even then the alternative was a massively destructive conventional war.

As for food and energy, that presupposes that NK gives two shits about its populace. I'm not particularly inclined to think the government cares at all. So, IMO, China is clearly the most influential country re NK, but I'm not even sure how much influence they actually have.

Comment

Working...
                                X