No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the articles today mentioned they projected the price tag at 1 billion and they had already spent half. It seemed like magical thinking on both figures.

Comment

• A guy I talked to said multiply that by four. The Canadians are gonna spend $5bn or more.

Comment

• In other news Trump, Chuck and Nancy look to get rid of the debt ceiling altogether. This is a great idea and not because it will roil those HFC members.

Comment

• A new report on the 2016 election found nearly 1,100 people who cast ballots here in New Hampshire were either under investigation for voting in more than one place or signed affidavits with addresses that may no longer be valid, House Speaker Shawn Jasper, R-Hudson disclosed Thursday.

This total of questioned voters ? 1,094 ? is greater than the 1,017-vote margin by which Democrat Maggie Hassan won her U.S. Senate seat over incumbent Republican Kelly Ayotte on Nov. 8.

"This is what we have been saying for a long time. We need to tighten things up because we just aren't sure whether all are properly here to vote," Jasper said during a telephone interview from a national speakers' conference in Ohio.

Also, Secretary of State Bill Gardner and Safety Commissioner John Barthlemes reported that 5,526 voters who showed out-of-state driver's licenses on Election Day by Aug. 31 had neither obtained an in-state driver's license nor registered a car in the state.

just to put that in context DSL's explanation makes perfect sense but it also makes sense from the other side that there is an avenue to vote illegally

Comment

• You need to be registered to vote. You need to prove domicile in order to be registered. In NH you can register the same day as the election, but you STILL need to show proof of domicile. If I show up with a California drivers license on election day in NH and I'm not registered, they're going to ask for something else to prove I live there.

I moved from the Cleveland area to Columbus over 3 years ago. I had just renewed my driver's license. My old address was on my driver's license for nearly 3 years before I got a new one. Even though my old address was on that license, I was still able to vote in the Columbus area local elections. That's because the license just proves identification, it's not intended to establish domicile. I had previously gone online and updated my address to my new home. They had my name on the voter roll when I showed up, I swiped my driver's license to prove I am who I say I am, and all's well.

I know of no one in college who came from out of state and got a new driver's license where the college was. You could either vote absentee back home or register to vote where your college was. I guarantee you there are rich conservatives who live most of the year in states like Texas or New York that aren't remotely competitive but have second homes in states like Florida. We can debate the merits of allowing them to vote using their vacation home address. But it's also not a serious problem unless they're voting more than once.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 8, 2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• More on New Hampshire. Kobach hasn't even bothered to contact any of the thousands of people he's publicly accusing of fraud. A WP reporter found 4 of them in just an hour. Like I said: college students.

Comment

• It's a stupid claim. There is no significant voter fraud.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• No, there isn't.

But finding it isn't the point; keeping that particular ball in the air, is.

Comment

• Well, yeah, because guys like crash read those "new reports" and say "See? See!?"
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Kris Kobach writes for Breitbart now (while still collecting a paycheck courtesy of Kansas taxpayers) and he says he has ironclad proof voter fraud is occurring by the thousands in New Hampshire. You see, around 6,000 people voted using an out-of-state driver's license as ID this past November. Of those, only around 1,500 have since gotten a New Hampshire driver's license.

Tha- that's the evidence.

Except there's nothing illegal about that. And state law allows a NH resident to have an out-of-state license. And college kids around the country frequently vote where they go to school rather than the state they are from.
                      Well, as long as Brother Strange brought up the subject, and since he )again) avoided a primary source in favor of alt-left gibberish, I suppose I'll have to correct the record.

NH is a same-day registration state, but NH law still requires a person be a resident of NH to vote in NH. I realize that this strikes you progs as voter suppression, but that is still the law in this state. Now, hold that thought.

6,500 people same-day registered and used an out of state drivers license as identification NH state law requires a resident of NH to get a NH drivers license within 60 days of moving to NH. This minor technicality Brother Strange omits. And given decades of anecdotal evidence, it is reasonable to ask how many of these out of state licensees eventually follow the law and get a NH license.

Well, after some adjustments, it turns out that about 5,000 of these "residents" didn't get a NH drivers license within the 60 days, (or even within 10 months for that matter), so the question is asked, "Where are these upstanding citizens of NH?". 5,000/6,500 (77%) seems like a rather large portion of these supposed residents "forgetting" to get a NH license, even for Democrats.

Kelly Ayotte lost by around 1,200 votes. So Kobach says that it is possible that non-residents tilted the election toward her opponent. The good news is that the MSM will surely track these 5,000 miscreants and find out the truth.

The full story, including links to underlying data is found at http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...e-senate-race/

I might also point out that, of the states that swung the election, PA, OH, MI, and WI, none of them have any same-day registration or internet voting or any of the other scams that the Dems have installed in states like Oregon, CA, or NH. These 4 key states allow absentee voting, but they require pre-registration and the vast majority of voters vote on election day.
                      Last edited by Da Geezer; September 8, 2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Stop fucking linking Brietbart you fucking loon. It's not a news source.

Comment

• See? See!?

Comment

• Trump creating health issues
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              Stop fucking linking Brietbart you fucking loon. It's not a news source.

yeah

stick to twitchy.com and other reputable sources

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                Well, as long as Brother Strange brought up the subject, and since he )again) avoided a primary source in favor of alt-left gibberish, I suppose I'll have to correct the record.

NH is a same-day registration state, but NH law still requires a person be a resident of NH to vote in NH. I realize that this strikes you progs as voter suppression, but that is still the law in this state. Now, hold that thought.

6,500 people same-day registered and used an out of state drivers license as identification NH state law requires a resident of NH to get a NH drivers license within 60 days of moving to NH. This minor technicality Brother Strange omits. And given decades of anecdotal evidence, it is reasonable to ask how many of these out of state licensees eventually follow the law and get a NH license.

Well, after some adjustments, it turns out that about 5,000 of these "residents" didn't get a NH drivers license within the 60 days, (or even within 10 months for that matter), so the question is asked, "Where are these upstanding citizens of NH?". 5,000/6,500 (77%) seems like a rather large portion of these supposed residents "forgetting" to get a NH license, even for Democrats.

Kelly Ayotte lost by around 1,200 votes. So Kobach says that it is possible that non-residents tilted the election toward her opponent. The good news is that the MSM will surely track these 5,000 miscreants and find out the truth.

The full story, including links to underlying data is found at http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...e-senate-race/

I might also point out that, of the states that swung the election, PA, OH, MI, and WI, none of them have any same-day registration or internet voting or any of the other scams that the Dems have installed in states like Oregon, CA, or NH. These 4 key states allow absentee voting, but they require pre-registration and the vast majority of voters vote on election day.
                                Can you explain to me, Geezer, how those same day registrants were able to show residence with only an out-of-state drivers licenses? You still have to prove your domicile to register and the out-of-state ID doesn't do that.

Tons of people are technically breaking the law by not getting a new license when they move to a new state. Different states have different requirements. That doesn't make their votes FRAUDULENT which is what you and Kobach are claiming. If 5,000 college kids in New Hampshire have technically violated the law by not registering their vehicle 60 days after the election, that doesn't invalidate their vote.

And even though there are actual documented cases of TRUMP SUPPORTERS being charged with voter fraud, you continue to act as if the fraud is a one-way street.

The truth is the others are right. You and Kobach and Breitbart don't give a flying fuck if any voter fraud is actually proven or stopped, you just want millions of conservatives around the country believing that they vastly outnumber Dems in this country and that any election a Dem wins was stolen from the rightful ruling class.

I'll ask again because there's no doubt you'll avoid the question: how is not registering your vehicle 60 days after the election clear cut VOTER FRAUD?

Comment

Working...
                                X