No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its definitely not just pro trumpers by a long shot.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
        You can't claim innocence when Trump trumps.
        No shit. What the fuck did Rex think he was signing up for?
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• He must have missed the birther shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            He can't stay out of it, any criticism from a black person is to be met. if it walks like a duck, it talks like a duck. He didn't say a word when Pop, Van Gundy and Steve Kerr offered much worse criticism than Curry's mild take. He only criticized one CEO, Ken Frazier, a black man. He hasn't responded to Jimmy Kimmel, but he's leading the charge to fire Jemele Hill. It's time to stop thinking this is some steategy, if it walks like a duck.
            Correct. Also don't forget that Brady skipped the White House too.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Of course his response to Charlottesville was late and insufficient – this is who he is.

Month old article in case you missed it.

Comment

• Brady claimed "family matters", probably "my wife will fucking castrate me if I make a public appearance with this twat".

Comment

• Ted Cruz (opportunistically?) comes out against the Cassidy-Graham bill

Comment

• "Ungrateful black"

Joe Walsh is a one-term US representative from Illinois (lost reelection in 2012) that's now a conservative radio host on the Salem radio network.

[ame]https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/911791417919508480[/ame]

Comment

• I loved his "Life's Been Good" song, tho.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Hadn't heard this before but it's true...in 2014 Trump tried to buy the Buffalo Bills but the NFL rejected him. Immediately after that he began tweeting weekly about how boring the NFL was, how soft the players were, and how everyone needs to quit watching. So this is an old grudge.

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/s...39735700738050

Not surprised. Trump acts like a 2 yr old when he doesn't get his way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          He can't stay out of it, any criticism from a black person is to be met. if it walks like a duck, it talks like a duck. He didn't say a word when Pop, Van Gundy and Steve Kerr offered much worse criticism than Curry's mild take. He only criticized one CEO, Ken Frazier, a black man. He hasn't responded to Jimmy Kimmel, but he's leading the charge to fire Jemele Hill. It's time to stop thinking this is some steategy, if it walks like a duck.

Agree. This isn't a policy disagreement. He is demonstrating a trend that should be criticized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post

Even better... people on FB who are upset about it yet on the 4th they were wearing American flag clothes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Re: Roy Moore's statement.

What's funny is, he was right. You don't need a wall to keep (those damned) Mexicans out. Just a law that sufficiently disincentivizes undocumented workers from being hired.

Right now, that doesn't happen. A small janitorial business for example, that hires illegals gets hit with a minimum fine of $539. If you are paying $5 less in salary and $3 less in benefits per hour, that means you are saving, in payroll, the usual fine in less than a week and a half of one undocumented's paycheck. Well worth the risk.

For large corporations (imagine a large farm where hundreds are hired), the maximum fine for multiple infractions is around $21k. Again, well worth the risk.

If we truly wanted to stop it, 10x the fines and criminalize doing it (like it is with tax evasion). And offer a portion of the fine to independent RAC auditors like CMS did to to curb Medicare fraud.

Undocumenteds taking our YOBS would stop tomorrow. Republicans don't want to stop it, really, though. They just want to act like they do. They enjoy produce being cheap and they are very happy paying Consuela $8000 a year to watch little Stone and Brittany and do not want that fee tripled.

All true.

It has been the establishment wings of both political parties acting on the demands of their corporate overlords who have perpetuated the immigration problem. In addition The Republicans have opportunistically used the issue as their wedge (the Democrats divide in reverse, whipping up populist hate of the "rich" ). Both use these issues to block any meaningful change that might upset the status quo favored by their moneyed interests.

The state of this two party system is deplorable. If it doesn't change it could very well bring this great country down, and not as far in the future as most people think either.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Re: Roy Moore's statement.

What's funny is, he was right. You don't need a wall to keep (those damned) Mexicans out. Just a law that sufficiently disincentivizes undocumented workers from being hired.

Right now, that doesn't happen. A small janitorial business for example, that hires illegals gets hit with a minimum fine of $539. If you are paying $5 less in salary and $3 less in benefits per hour, that means you are saving, in payroll, the usual fine in less than a week and a half of one undocumented's paycheck. Well worth the risk.

For large corporations (imagine a large farm where hundreds are hired), the maximum fine for multiple infractions is around $21k. Again, well worth the risk.

If we truly wanted to stop it, 10x the fines and criminalize doing it (like it is with tax evasion). And offer a portion of the fine to independent RAC auditors like CMS did to to curb Medicare fraud.

Undocumenteds taking our YOBS would stop tomorrow. Republicans don't want to stop it, really, though. They just want to act like they do. They enjoy produce being cheap and they are very happy paying Consuela $8000 a year to watch little Stone and Brittany and do not want that fee tripled.
                                True. The solution is to disincentivize illegal immigration.

That would also include cutting illegals off from all social welfare programs. Since Trump's inauguration, food stamp recipients have dropped by 1,300,0000. Republicans would have you believe that is because of a better economy, but I suspect those are the illegals who don't want to draw attention to themselves (and commit another crime). Any illegal taking welfare is stealing, and we shouldn't be hesitant to say so.

Comment

Working...
                                X