No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undocumented immigrants are already barred from recieving federal benefits.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Don't confuse him with facts
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Awaiting link from infowars...

Comment

• To be clear, illegal immigrants do use public benefits, whether they're "qualified" or not. That really can't be disputed, but I'm sure the Prog Cadre will try.

On the other side, the estimated public cost of illegal immigrants is somewhere between $10K-$15K per illegal immigrant household. There's a fairly strong argument (IMO) that that investment is a net positive for the US.

But, whatever. I'm assuming the order of the day here is to fete Kaepernick, so I'll spend my time placeputting AlabamAlum in his Georgia thread.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think Trump is going to want to fire everyone of those Steelers.

Comment

• I want to fire everyone of those Stillers. Fucking losing to a fucktwat Bears team? Should have stayed in the fucking locker room instead of showing up and going full pussy.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What are people's thoughts on Trump taking on the NFL/NBA out of the blue over the past few days?

Cynical attempt to draw attention away from the fact that he could take several losses this week on policy? "He didn't get Repeal & Replace done and tax reform is postponed by by God, he preserved respect for the FLAG!"

Or is he just a simpleton who's easily distracted by tv and celebrity?

Comment

• He acts on impulse and his impulse is to attack. Poor traits for the position of POTUS.
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Some have argued that Trump's tweet are engineered for a purpose. In this case, no.

First of all, this is an issue that POTUS should stay out of. But, of course, he can't. When he made his remarks that folks are reacting to, he was trying to rally a base, that needs no rallying, behind patriotism.

Calling out professional athletes on their patriotism rises right to the top of his list of mostly stupid and damaging remarks.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Situation in Puerto Rico is increasingly desperate

Comment

• https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/%5EDJI?ltr=1

Just out of curiosity if people started shouting down the anthem is that ok?
                        You have 50-100K specatators everyweek that enjoy the pageantry and history and pride the anthem brings to a sporting event.
                        Does everybody here stand at sporting events anymore whent the anthem is played?
                        maybe the nfl and others will start paying attention when the people that pay their salaries stop showing up to some of these places

espn nba and nfl football ratings are all down

guess they aren't figuring out the people who buy tickets don't need any further justification not to show up or watch.

Comment

• Trump once again is hiding racism under the guise of patriotism.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                            https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t02.htm

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Just out of curiosity if people started shouting down the anthem is that ok?
                            You have 50-100K specatators everyweek that enjoy the pageantry and history and pride the anthem brings to a sporting event.
                            Does everybody here stand at sporting events anymore whent the anthem is played?
                            maybe the nfl and others will start paying attention when the people that pay their salaries stop showing up to some of these places

espn nba and nfl football ratings are all down

guess they aren't figuring out the people who buy tickets don't need any further justification not to show up or watch.
                            Do you think they are protesting for a phantom reason?

Nobody is shouting down the anthem, they are kneeling specifically because Kaepernick originally was just sitting and he consulted some military affiliated group and they suggested he kneel.

Comment

• "Just out of curiosity if people started shouting down the anthem is that ok?"

Crash, in short, yes. Do I like that? Probably not.

I hope you've been watching Ken Burn's Vietnam on PBS. It was flag burning, loud protesting and virulent anti-US rhetoric on the streets of America that brought that stupid endeavor to an end.

I was in uniform and served in Vietnam when some of that went down. I didn't like it then but that is because I was swayed in my viewpoint about the war by the American Government who, quite frankly, but not surprisingly lied, out their teeth about what was really going on there.

Anti-Americanism, you could call it, outed the Government lies associated with the US war against Iraq and Saddam Hussein. It should have never happened and in retrospect, the shit storm that exists there now, the suffering of millions of innocent civilians that continues today, might have been avoided if the apple cart had not been turned over there by government and military officials that thought what they were doing was justifiably OK.

Like Vietnam and the fall-out from it, armed conflict is a dangerous undertaking and the lesson I'm taking from Burn's piece is that America better fully understand the situation on the ground where military intervention is being considered and all of the implications of undertaking it.

You silence voices of protest and discontent in America and you risk repeating the costly mistakes in lives and treasure that the US has made in SEA and the Gulf.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I will say that the fact that we even play the anthem at all at sporting events is, in itself, a political act. When people say they don't want politics and sports mixing...well...why play the anthem at all, then? The truth is they don't want certain politics mixing with their sports. Lots of ra-ra USA USA we're #1 is awesome but anything critical of the US is a no-no

Comment

Working...
                                X