Clear All

• I told her there are ignorant rednecks everywhere

...in Lenny & Squiggy voice...

HELLO!
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      The Governor of Puerto Rico:

The Mayor of San Juan has also praised FEMA.

The Governor and other PR officials praised the federal government for planning its response in detail before the storm hit.

Watching the Ds try to turn this catastrophe into political points is appalling and, yet, so predictable. Maybe they should talk to PRs first. Facts are a bitch.
      Fuckin' Trump
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah, Wiz, it's a lot easier to be ignorant. I've heard it's bliss. But I haven't a clue why people would so ignorantly go after DJT when they have so many real, actual criticisms at their disposal.

Progs. LOL.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• heh
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This situation is much larger than what FEMA can handle, the administration is going to need to send in a lot of the military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
              NFL ratings were up this weekend.

The anthem protests will never affect the NFL in any major way.
              Probably true. Andy Reid could blow his nose with the flag at midfield, and the Chiefs would still sell out Arrowhead so long as they are winning. Hell...he could strangle a bald eagle with a flag if they make the playoffs.

Comment

• shaddup
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I've spoken to my roommate who lives in Dorado and my gf family is from San Juan. There's been nothing done there, but it's obviously difficult logistically. It's a much more dire situation than Texas and Florida because of it.

Would just like the POS to not bring up pr debt in the first couple of tweets about it. Show a little empathy. Not be a piece of shit. Too much to ask.

That's my experience speaking to Peurto Ricans.

Comment

• Do Puerto Rican ball players stand for the anthem? No? SAD!
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If Colin Kaepernick strangled Wiz with a flag at midfield, he would see the greatest single-day improvement in popularity in history.

JMO...

Comment

• I would intercept it...

dumbass
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• intercept this

::farts::

Comment

• horrible
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trumps first words are that the PR governor is treating him very nicely. Wtf. Yeah, I'm not shocked PR is saying all good things about the help they've gotten.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                This situation is much larger than what FEMA can handle, the administration is going to need to send in a lot of the military.
                                Probably ...... I follow a travel blog from the British Virgin Islands (BVI). The two biggest territories lie on the contiguous Islands of Virgin Gorda and Tortola. There a couple of other smaller islands in the BVI. While a bit smaller than PR, the devastation is worse. The islands look like they were nuked. It's that bad.

Within 24h of Irma passing through the BVI, the Brits flew in 200 Royal Marines to establish order as widespread looting was occurring. Some 70 prisoners had escaped from the Territorial Jail. 48h after the Royal Marines arrived, they were all rounded up. Security was restored.

A group called the Puerto Rican Navy (A private organization of yacht owners from the PR) that frequents the BVI for fishing trips and fun, made runs between the PR and the BVI with water, generators, medical supplies. This was before Maria hit the PR.

7d after Iram hit, a Battalion of the Royal Army embarked on HMS Ocean (an amphibious landing support ship and the Royal Navy's Flag Ship) anchored off the coast of Tortola. 400 men, including an Engineering Company and tons of equipment were off-loaded within a few days by amphibious landing craft and helos. The Battalion set up their HQ at Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport and had it operational for Evac and supply flights within hours of setting up their HQ their. The engineers were responsible for restoring a good deal of the power, some Internet and cellular service.

As we speak, about 80% of the territory has power and running water, the biggest grocery store in Road Town (Tortola's Capital), RightWay, was open and selling food (the store for some reason was not significantly damaged by Irma) two days after the storm passed. Plenty of water and gasoline is available and fuel storage was not damaged.One of the first thing the UK Enineering company did and simultaneously with getting power and water systems hooked back up was to clear roads of debris to allow logistical movement on them (repair supplies, fuel, food).

Given the level of damage to buildings, harbors and huge charter fleets in the BVI that the recovery, aided by the UK and private donations, is well underway is remarkable. Estimates have been given that 70% of the charter boats, probably close to a thousand of them were total losses. Pictures show these boats, both mono-hulls and catamarans thrown up on land like broken toys from the reported 40 foot waves and a 15' storm surge that inundated coastal areas and pounded even the most protected harbors. I know most of them. Even though a lot boats were lost, somehow the infrastructure, the docks owned by these big charter companies, held up well as a result of decent code enforcement when they were built over the last 20y. This industry, the charter industry is the life blood of the tourism trade in the BVI.

More remarkable is that several of the big charter companies, e.g., BVI Yachts, Moorings (and all it's subsidiaries), Dream Yacht Charters, have already announced they will have charter boats available by December. The heart of the Charter season - money making - occurs between Thanksgiving and Memorial Day. Restaurants are already re-opening with limited service. Land based accommodations are going to be slim to none but there is still the beautiful water, great sailing or power boating, fabulous beaches, provisions from RiteWay (and probably others) and if your a sailor, there are plenty of creature comforts to be had on a charter boat.

Sailors on this blog who live in the BVI and those who are regular charterers there are already talking about parties in November saying, all a beach restaurant needs to keep boaters happy is booze, beer, ice, a grill and some fish and burgers and there is plenty of that available. Hopes are high, the UK is 100% behind restoring the BVI and very early in this disaster, allocated L32 Million in direct monetary aid.

Meanwhile in the good ol' US of A, Donald Trump, our CINC, is bitching about the NFL and the players who, he accuses are SOBs that lack patriotism, noting that the PR owes a lot of money to banks in NYC.

Clearly, the US has the resources to launch the US Navy and Marines on a support mission to the PR like the UK has done for the BVI. Scale it up while he's at it to meet the scope of the mission. The congress is dilly-dallying over an aid package more concerned about a bull-shit Health Care bill than they are the people of Puerto Rico. So we have a do-nothing Congress and buffoon in charge as Presidentwhile US Citizens are suffering.

Fuck him. Fuck the Congress. It's an embarrassment and I hope someone starts writing about it.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 26, 2017, 01:55 PM.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X