X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuckin' Trump
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Within hours of the storm passing, FEMA opened an “air bridge” using military aircraft to bring support personnel and critical equipment to Puerto Rico. FEMA has since brought in more troops, including parts of an Army electrical power unit. Northern Command, the Pentagon headquarters responsible for this operation, said Thursday it was using a handful of aircraft to conduct recovery operations, adding an Army of roughly 150 troops and the USS Kearsarge and USS Oak Hill amphibious ships (with Marines on board) to the operation over the weekend. All told, this force package appears to comprise roughly 10,000 troops, focused primarily on medical evacuation and delivery of supplies. In the five days since the storm, FEMA says it has distributed more than 1.5 million meals and 1.1 million liters of water to Americans affected by the storms, with more staged for future deliveries.

Comment

• there are 12000 troops already stationed there army reserve and national guard.

Trumps going there next week

they're going to need 50K worth of troops to get that place excavated--basically they have to start all over and as trump said unlike florida and texas who had state resources and insurance--Puerto rico has none of that.

might as well move the entire population to the mainland
        and start all over
        Last edited by crashcourse; September 26, 2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• fuckin' Trump
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It sounds like he is doing a wonderful job of saving Puerto Rico and a poor job of communicating what a great job he is doing. But we do know where he stands on Steph Curry's ungratefulness.

Comment

• ...on a more serious note...with the NK situation heating up...how long before we send Austin Milbarge and Emmett Fitz-Hume to gather intel...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's cool that FEMA has distributed 1.5 million meals and 1.1 million liters of water to Americans in Puerto Rico.

It's not cool that there are 3.4 million Americans on the island that have been without power or water for a week. Everyone gets 1/3 of a liter of water per week. Heckuva job Brownie!
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think it's reasonable to give Trump a break on Puerto Rico.

With Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria hitting as they did, it has no doubt pushed FEMA manpower resources and made the help sent P.R. harder. For what it's worth, I know that FEMA is hiring nurses and other staff in this area to help with this, but even without Harvey and Irma, FEMA isnt set-up to feed, clothe, and provide medical services for every man, woman, and child in P.R for an extended time.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Of course AA. It's a tough situation. Luckily the president is laser focused on it!
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Thanks for that, Crash. I had no idea of the scope of operations in PR, USVI.

Is the Governor of PR and the Mayor of SJ or residents of St. Croix and St. John just not aware of this massive operation? If you listen to their interviews broadcast on the networks you'd conclude they don't.

I'll also be upfront about the first 72h after Irma struck the BVI. After the storm cleared and BBC reporters could get onto the Islands, their sole objective was to hammer the UK Government for reacting slowly and being unprepared for such an epic event. A later BBC interview by the same reporter that was not too kind when describing the UK's relief efforts in the BVI in her first interview, had a second one with Boris Johnson, UK Home Secretary, when he visited the islands post storm day 5. He made sure that the message was getting across to BBC listeners that the allegations that the UK wasn't doing anything were incorrect. It was interesting.

So, information/communication. We have some friends that live in Marathon FL (who also got hit pretty badly but their place is livable) who have several family members in PR. Initial communications were not available so there was a lot of worrying about safety. All are accounted for now but the situation in SJ is dire; outlying towns seem worse when you talk to people on the ground. There is talk of being in survival mode and fending for themselves.

The blog I follow for the BVI news is made up of folks actually on the ground and in receipt of the good works being delivered in terms of human resources and supplies from the UK. Therefore, I'm skeptical of the news releases from FEMA and other supporting agencies. We all recall the FEMA cluster fuck when Katrina knocked out NO. For reasons that are still not clear, a lot of the FEMA work never got to those in need. Millions of dolars spent and not much was actually happening in areas of severe need. Sure, putting out news releases to make things look rosy is easy, like body counts in Vietnam.

Governments lie to create the news environment favorable to their interests. I'm not telling you anything you don't know, Crash but, right now, I don't trust much that is coming out of official government sources on any number of issues. And make no mistake, there are very likely some good and hard working folks working to help in PR and the USVI and I mean no disrespect to them.

But, if you put the organizational chart and chain of command for the relief effort on a chart, the units that one would think are being coordinated by FEMA, I think it would be pretty clear why there's stuff enroute, maybe already on the ground, that's not getting to those that need it.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Governor of PR:

First of all, we are very grateful for the administration. They have responded quickly. The president has been very attentive to the situation, personally calling me several times. FEMA and the FEMA director have been here in Puerto Rico twice. As a matter of fact, they were here with us today, making sure that all the resources in FEMA were working in conjunction with the central government. We have been working together. We have been getting results. The magnitude of this catastrophe is enormous. This is going to take a lot of help, a lot of collaboration. So, my call is to congressmen and congresswomen to take action quickly and conclusively with an aid package for Puerto Rico.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Of course AA. It's a tough situation.
                          Can't waste a good tragedy, though. Huzzah, Progs!!!! It's TRUMPZ KATRINA!!!
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This guy says it much better than I could ever say it.

Take the time to watch. It's only three minutes long

[ame]https://youtu.be/BNJUsE7pEs4[/ame]
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hannity is reporting that Direct TV will refund the NFL Sunday ticket over protests

Darren Rovell
                              ESPN Senior Writer

DirecTV is offering unprecedented refunds for fans who want to cancel their NFL Sunday Ticket package, if they inform the company that they are doing so due to the recent protests during the national anthem, a source confirmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Governor of PR:
                                Sure, all is fine in PR. The number of contradictory statements with regard to the situation on the ground in that part of the Caribbean is pretty astounding.

Look there's good work being done. I'm sure of it but having shit delivered and sitting in ports or on air port tarmacs because it can't be moved to the places that need it indicates that there's a problem with the FEMA plan ..... and that's assuming they have a handle on a plan.

The first thing that happened in the BVI from reports from people on the ground was Royal Marines securing the territory. The second thing that happened was an Engineering Company arrived with the equipment to clear the roads so that stuff could move. Next and about simultaneously was restoration of a functional airport for medical evac and air supply.

Look, the BVI is a microcosm of the scope of the problems in the USVI and PR. The BVI had a functional electric grid that needed major repairs but it was probably better off than PR's. Maybe the same for the water supply. But what I'm seeing in PR, what I'm hearing from the people I know that live there, is a lot of talk, a good deal of show and a repeat of lessons not learned in Katrina.

I hope this all comes out fine in the end but the dark clouds forming around a struggling territory, with a huge 3rd world like crisis for American Citizens who live there looming says a lot about the President and Congress.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X