Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Reading all the Harvey Weinstein stuff is something. Yeah, what he did was horrible, but that's not what gets me. What gets me is that we have become a nation that demands when something bad is done, that we line up and publicly denounce the evil-doer. And if we do not, we are tacitly condoning the behavior. Actors are calling out other actors for not taking Weinstein to task - even if they didn't know of his actions, they must excoriate him or surely they are in accord with him.

It's like the "Game of Thrones" where the Sparrows frog march a naked Cersei through a crowd shouting "SHAME! SHAME!" and throw shit at her. And if you aren't one of the ones shouting and throwing, you must condone her heresy.
    Seconded and Thirded.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Totally dishonest NBC with more FAKENEWS. Story hurt my feelings and is bad for country. Time to take away broadcasting license?

#SAFEPLACE #MAGA

Comment

• Sometimes something is so blindingly obvious that even AA gets it.

Related/unrelated comment I read this week:

The rules of politics are different from the rules of physics. In physics, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. In politics, for every action there is an excessive and dramatic overreaction
        It's not particularly appropriate for Weinstein himself -- pretty tough to overreact to his allegedly criminal behavior. But it's absolutely related for those who aren't publicly condemning him or, at least, virtue-signaling.

But, mostly I just like the quote because it seems to me to be exasperatingly true.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sometimes something is so blindingly obvious that even AA gets it.

Unfathomable
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It wasn't her positions that lost her the vote (not that there were a ton of them, mind you). We seem to be in an odd spot where the left's agenda is increasingly popular but the left's politicians are not, apart from Bernie. Probably because they haven't figured out that people are sick of the way they have been lied to by both sides, and are ready for a new form of lies.
            Hack, you should really consider moving out of the Acela Zone if you want to get a clue as to what happened in the election. The country rejected global progressivism in favor of a nationalist/populist. The left's agenda may be getting more popular within the non-productive portion of the economy, but normal folks who work for a living showed through their votes that they reject redistribution as unamerican. The losers that populate this board clearly desire equality of outcome, but the vast middle of America still believes in economic and social mobility.

Comment

• Last edited by Da Geezer; October 11, 2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• This is quite the collection of libtards here...quite amusing.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm not sure overreaction is the correct description to the Weinstein stuff. It was just reported last Thursday and the subsequent stories have been worse. There is two things going on as I see it, there is a lot of pent-up anger at the guy by a lot of people who felt they couldn't do anything. That anger has been bubbling for 3 decades now. Secondly, a lot of people rightfully assume other people must have known this went on that could have done something. It is hard to cover up that sort of creepiness and evil without a lot of help.

Comment

• Nobody circles the wagons quite like the Hollywood leftists...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm not sure about that, look at the 2016 election, it seems a lot of Real Americans circled the wagons around Mr. Grab Them By The Pussy.

Comment

• I do recall when Trump grabbed a pussy...shocking...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• nice font

Comment

• "Hollywood Leftists"...Good Lord. I thought even North Platte had made it out of the 00s by now.

#flipphones&Creed

Still sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I'm not sure overreaction is the correct description to the Weinstein stuff. It was just reported last Thursday and the subsequent stories have been worse. There is two things going on as I see it, there is a lot of pent-up anger at the guy by a lot of people who felt they couldn't do anything. That anger has been bubbling for 3 decades now. Secondly, a lot of people rightfully assume other people must have known this went on that could have done something. It is hard to cover up that sort of creepiness and evil without a lot of help.

I don't know if it's overreaction or not. I do know that calling out celebs who didn't know him or weren't sexually coerced by him (specifically males) because they haven't publicly issued a statement on how what he did was (of course) wrong is funny to me. My point is, while I haven't spoken on the Vegas Shooter, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Pol Pot, that doesn't mean that I support, condone, or champion any of their crimes. To suggest that I need to issue a public rebuke or be shamed leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Geezer,

IMO, the cultural differences that Hollywood has with the rest of the US are so extreme, that the current reaction to Weinstein is justified. Weinstein is simply a symbol of the radically anti-Christian, fabulously wealthy left that funds the Democrat Party.
                                I'm not sure you understood what I was saying. I am not saying a strong reaction is wrong or bad. I am saying setting the standard that if you do not condemn, it means you condone is wrong and silly.

Anyway...

So, now that the Hollywood elite have universally condemned Harvey, they are culturally similar to the rest of the populous?
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X