Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Yeah, Trump's remarks were probably dignified and classy. Very uplifting. "The wife" was thrilled to talk to him in fact.

This crazy and irrational family is just misinterpreting them. So emotional. So sad.

But then, not everyone can be as strong as our MAGA President.

Also, why aren't they 'likely Trump supporters" and why does that matter?
    You asked who deserved the bigger benefit of the doubt, not sure you have taken into consideration the circumstances.

And it matters, because from my perspective, and I can show 10 months of examples, those that are anti Trump seem to be rabidly anti Trump.

Comment

• DSl & Hack:
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I stand with Talent. Over the past 24-48 hours, AA's comments betray a shocking decline in his faculties and reason.

Comment

• ...hello pot...kettle calling...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...hello pot...kettle calling...

Edward fucking Zackly!!!! Is that how I say it?

Comment

• ...well wingy...there are a number of ways to do an EFZ...

Ed Fucking Zachary
              Edward F. Zachary, Esq.
              EFZ
              Ed-Fargin-Z
              Eddie F Zachary, Jr.

...just be creative and have fun with it...it's like a living thing...like ELO sang about...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Judge Roy Moore, who could get elected in Alabama even if he burned Bear Bryant in effigy, says it's against the law to not stand during the national anthem. The man knows his Law

Comment

• :::run DSL run:::
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Judge Roy Moore, who could get elected in Alabama even if he burned Bear Bryant in effigy, says it's against the law to not stand during the national anthem. The man knows his Law

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/roy-moo...tional-anthem/
                    I think he is technically correct

36 U.S. Code ? 301 - National anthem

(a)Designation.?
                    The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
                    (b)Conduct During Playing.?During a rendition of the national anthem?
                    (1) when the flag is displayed?
                    (A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
                    (B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
                    (C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
                    (2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

wouldn't withstand a SCOTUS challenge, but there it is.

Comment

• Don't confuse DSL...he's still trying to figure out velcro...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...just be creative and have fun with it...it's like a living thing...like ELO sang about...
                        Got it, I was misinformed by The Talent

Comment

• I was misinformed by The Talent

...if only we all had a dime for every time that has happened...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The word "should" gets used repeatedly in that code and there's no guideline on what the punishment is for not standing. So no, he's not 'technically correct'. If he were 'technically correct', it would also be against the law to slouch during the anthem, to not remove your hat, to not place your hand over your heart, to face the wrong direction, or to use your left hand by mistake.

Furthermore the SC, as you know, has ruled that burning the flag is protected speech (Scalia agreed). I hardly think it was therefore intended that not standing for the anthem is a criminal act.

Comment

• ...you should STFU...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's illegal? Good. Jeff Sessions' DOJ should prosecute. Go on.

Comment

Working...
                                X