Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    I always said GWB was a decent guy.. and would be appreciated more in the future than during his presidency. And now a libtard agrees... =)
    They only agree so long as Bush is bashing Trump. He will always be racist Hitler lite to them.

Comment

• GWB let Cheney start a war and profit from it. Unless he presses the button, Trump isn't able to do that much harm. I think GWB looks better now because in comparison to Trump he's so damn qualified and competent, but it's all relative.

Comment

• You will find nothing written by me that compared Bush to Hitler lite, so fuck off.

Comment

• For the record, Trump is a pathological liar who deserves all the criticism he gets. So far his administration is more hapless malevolance than anything. Trump hasn't gotten us into a dumb war like Bush did with Iraq.

Comment

• Bush had terrible policies and lied to get us into war with iraq which has proved to be a terrible decision. He was dumb and wrong but decent.

Who would ever had thought that republicans would be so craven and awful to nominate and vote for such a terrible human being to be the most powerful person in the world.
            Last edited by SeattleLionsFan; October 20, 2017, 08:57 AM.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
              Bush had terrible policies and lied to get us into war with iraq which has proved to be a terrible decision. He was dumb and wrong but decent.

Who would ever had thought that republicans would be so craven and awful to nominate and vote for such a terrible human being to be the most
              Powerful person in the world.
              Exactly
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Not decent. Maybe he's decent NOW. Maybe he knows, clearly, in retrospect, that he allowed under his watch one of the most shameful self-dealing episodes in our time. Can't undo it. Can't bring dead soldiers back to life; can't repair broken countries; can't retrieve lost archeological treasure; can't take Cheney's millions away from him. So, he's painting portraits of wounded vets. Better than nothing. He's not a monster. But if he's a decent human being, he's one that's allowed some awfully indecent behavior that he could have stopped.
                Last edited by hack; October 20, 2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• I don't think he intentionally lied. I think he believed that he was doing the right thing.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm not saying he lied. He just didn't do anything. Cheney was the loudest advocate for a war for which there was a clearly iffy case, and Cheney went on to rake in millions in contracts through shares in a company he was legally required to fully divest interest in. Found a loophole, but GWB isn't stupid. He knew what was going on. Did nothing.

Others in history sat and watched. GWB isn't the only one to have done that. Cheney was a real force. But it shouldn't be forgotten. One of the great abuses of military power and executive power in modern American history.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      I don't think he intentionally lied. I think he believed that he was doing the right thing.

I agree with this. I think the evidence as presented led him to a rational decision. The issue was the evidence wasn't as solid as presented. jmo
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• fuckin' Bush43
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          I agree with this. I think the evidence as presented led him to a rational decision. The issue was the evidence wasn't as solid as presented. jmo
                          Bush was aware Cheney owned shares in a defense contractor and was the loudest advocate for both starting a war and also relying on private contractors more than ever before. The DOD went on to award no-bid contracts to Cheney's company time and again. The values of these contracts were inflated and the company failed to deliver on its obligations. Which is exactly what always happens when people self-deal, which is exactly why conflict-of-interest laws exist in the first place. There was no way not to imagine this was a distinct possibility.

What was rational about his decision, entropy?

Comment

• I don't think he intentionally lied. I think he believed that he was doing the right thing.
                            I agree. He based his decision on inaccurate intelligence. To believe otherwise is to believe that Colin Powell, in particular, was in on the lie. I don't think that was the case.

Comment

• fuckin' Trump
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• We didn't deal with this. Collectively we twisted things and turned things every which way so as to avoid admitting how corrupt the process was. People didn't get punished. Instead they were venerated. Is it any surprise that the level of corruption has just surged?

Thanks to his efforts Cheney should be in jail for life, but instead he got a bust in the Capitol. Until that bust is removed, it stands as a very visible and clear symbol of what we actually stand for and what we only pretend to stand for. Every legislator walking by it will be reminded of the risk-reward calculus of doing corrupt things.

If we don't believe our own bullshit, we should change it.

Comment

Working...
                                X