No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The devil is always in the details, but here's positive news out of the Senate. I hope the bill also changes the FISA courts to something other than a rubber stamp.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• No surprise that the last two positive news stories out of the Senate have Rand Paul's name attached.

Comment

• Quite the contrary, that is extraordinarily surprising. Rand Paul is a slime ball on the level of Nancy Pelosi. Most rational people hold fecal matter in higher regard than those two.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Rofl

Thanks to Nancy Pelosi, many states have one choice of health insurance carrier. Thanks to Rand Paul people will get more choices.

And he wants to end warrentless FISAs, 0bama had the chance to do either of these, wonder what that makes him?

Comment

• Seems like things the sides are a little more even with kapture's arrival.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Seems like things the sides are a little more even with kapture's arrival.
              I find him much more interesting than the Geezer or Crash..... even though the window through which he sees the world is seriously distorted.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Typical right wing response - no answer so OBAMA!!!! (used to be CLINTON!!!!). Rand Paul "the Constitutionalist" voted for the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 and 2013 which allows the US government to indefinitely detain US citizens without due process. Rand Paul the "roll back gov't guy" is on record stating ""I believe life begins at conception and it is the duty of our government to protect this life." wanting gov't to regulate women's rights, irregardless of what citizens want. He also opposed the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2011 and 2013. Rand Paul also favors discrimination where money is involved. He opposes the Fair Housing Act, "Decisions concerning private property and associations should in a free society be unhindered. As a consequence, some associations will discriminate." Rand Paul is opposed to regulating homeschooling (its okay to have high school dropouts teach their children educational skills) and favors the elimination of the Dept of Education. Rand Paul opposes gov't involvement in healthcare, ignoring the fact that it was the private sector's failures that brought about the regulation in the first place. Rand Paul "the Constitutionalist" thinks its okay to disregard the Supreme Court when it doesn't fit his viewpoint. When Obamacare was upheld, Paul released a statement stating "Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be 'constitutional' does not make it so. The whole thing remains unconstitutional." Rand Paul "the humanitarian" believes corporations are people and rich people's opinions are more important than non-rich people by opposing the limitation of the amount of money individuals, corporations, and organizations can give to candidates.

Yeah, Rand Paul is a real hero. Just like his soulmate Pelosi. I'll get calluses on my fingertips listing her 'brilliant ideas'. They're two peas in a pod, scum. So long as people vote party not person, we're stuck with a-holes like these.

Feel free to yell OBAMA! or CLINTON! or whatever method of deflection and denial you choose.

Comment

• Rand Paul was one of the first Republicans to embrace Roy Moore for Senate. I wonder how actual libertarians feel about that?

Comment

• Also, Trump and Corker are feuding on Twitter. Because of course they are.

Comment

• And corker just unloaded more on the CNN interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Rand Paul was one of the first Republicans to embrace Roy Moore for Senate. I wonder how actual libertarians feel about that?
                        meh. Ask any libertarian, he is not as ideologically pure as his father.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                          And corker just unloaded more on the CNN interview.
                          Heck yeah he did, my goodness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Talent's politics are aligning with Wiz more and more.

Take stock of your life, Talent. For God's sake, there's still time.
                            ...about time Talent came to his senses...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I agree with Talent, adding Kapture and crashcourse have evened things, much to the good. Now I'm going to post a link that I absolutely prohibit the pavlov-progs from reading. In 2016 there were 500 peer-reviewed papers saying that Anthropogenic Climate Change (global warming) is simply not provable. So far in 2017, the number is 400. The article has 21 links to specific papers (2017) dealing with issues from volcanos to solar activity.

The thing about Breitbart is that it usually posts links to the underlying data when it makes an assertion (and it doesn't consider Rachel Maddow a primary source).

So, might the rational humans just bookmark the article for future use. That way you won't have to have "breitbart" in the address and it saves you ridicule. Progs are trained from birth to always attack the source (from Rules for Radicals). They can't help it.

I laughed out loud at Kapture's Snopes post. Most good humor is grounded in part in reality.

Comment

• SLF:
                                When did Snopes say this?
                                Proving again that progs have zero sense of humor.

Comment

Working...
                                X