No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is simply not as easy as tearing up the old deal and starting over.
    No one has mentioned that the "deal" is actually a Treaty. To his credit, Trump has refused to certify that Iran is doing what they said they would do and he has sent the treaty back to Congress to deal with the issue. The "deal" would never have been made in the first place if Corker had not facilitated Obama's circumvention of the Constitution's requirement that the Senate ratifies treaties.

Comment

• Good lord, I'm glad we aren't following EU tax or regulatory policy.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We will be. We've signed on too. OECD's BEPS Plan, Geezer. Many changes in tax structures, but, ultimately, they add up to a bunch of moves to eliminate the Ireland/Luxembourg/Netherlands/Switzerland tricks of using individual tax rulings or ring-fenced loopholes designed for a specific subset of companies, and diminishing the ability to shift profits to countries in which a company lacks, workers, facilities or sales. If Apple wants to pay taxes on its intellectual property in Ireland, it will have to have its R&D people living and working there. Unintended consequence of that is the EU Competition Commission applying the new rules retroactively, which is how they've gone after Google and Apple and the like. I was told today that some US tech firms are now paying taxes to Ireland that Ireland is not asking them to pay.

Comment

• Also, while DJT isn't able to pass anything because he's politically inept, he is doing a nice job of undoing some of Obama's more egregious administrative state bullshit. Though, he may get to sign legislation that slaps around Cordray and his stupid CPFB.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DJT needs to fix that damn NFL Anthem shit...and the college football playoff...taxes and healthcare can fucking wait!
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My 30 year experience in large corporate America is that unexpected positive bottom line health (through tax rate abatements, tax reductions, efficiency increases, etc) the bulk goes directly into executive compensation for exceeding targeted goals, some to debt reduction, a little to R&D and nothing for the drones.

Targeting small business rather than corporations (I believe) is the way to go in corporate tax reform. Lets call it trickle up theory. Strong small business generates capital that consumers can use to purchase product made by mega-corps.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• ...as an owner of several small businesses...I couldn't agree more...

heh
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  My 30 year experience in large corporate America is that unexpected positive bottom line health (through tax rate abatements, tax reductions, efficiency increases, etc) the bulk goes directly into executive compensation for exceeding targeted goals, some to debt reduction, a little to R&D and nothing for the drones.

Targeting small business rather than corporations (I believe) is the way to go in corporate tax reform. Lets call it trickle up theory. Strong small business generates capital that consumers can use to purchase product made by mega-corps.
                  Agree...so long as there is a Wiz Exemption. Tax that fucker twice, with all proceeds directed to the Clinton Presidential Library.

Comment

• FUCKIN' HOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        My 30 year experience in large corporate America is that unexpected positive bottom line health (through tax rate abatements, tax reductions, efficiency increases, etc) the bulk goes directly into executive compensation for exceeding targeted goals, some to debt reduction, a little to R&D and nothing for the drones.

I agree but that would still require a change in the tax code. A small business, the one I work for as an example, files as an s-corporation. We hire 6 people. It's not like we have 5000 employees or the CEO is making 500 million dollars, and the president has a history of gifting us with bonuses throughout the year, which has mostly gone away for a last 6-7 years. Why should we be taxed like Wallmart? Or GE?

This would be a massive benefit to us, especially since we need at least another 2 employees at a minimum. and we would like to have the extra money to improve our building, or to rebuild our website, or for a new copier-all in n one. I'm sitting on a chair that I can't rock back in without it tipping over.

Comment

• Just removing the tricks multinationals have available to them would really help small businesses. I think multinationals once maybe truly believed that they had to get big to compete, but for a great deal of them the real gains from staying overseas are in legal tax avoidance. For now. We're at that part of the cycle where government closes loopholes, and catches up. New system. They'll find loopholes in that too, eventually.

Comment

• Kapture I have an extra print/copy/fax/scanner. Just a year old. $50, ok? I'll deliver for an extra $5.

Comment

• An ALL IN ONE?!?!?!?! Wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                Kapture I have an extra print/copy/fax/scanner. Just a year old. $50, ok? I'll deliver for an extra $5.
                                The unit that we are replacing was 15000 dollars and it wore out.

I don't think your unit would handle very well with the volume that we do, but that is a guess without knowing nothing more than the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X