No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Keystone actually made sense, they'd build it. There's nothing stopping them. But it's been since 2013 that it's been irrelevant as anything but a political fight.

Comment

• Keystone will be an environmental problem off and on for years..
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• If TransCanada is anything like Enbridge in regards to pipeline maintenance, it is a bad deal.

Comment

• It matters to Canada a lot more than it does the US. It's about export routes for Canada. Approving it comes with many risks and few benefits for the US. Trump/Art of the Deal/LOL/sigh.

Comment

• There actually were and are things stopping Keystone XL. That's indisputable. Not the least of which is permits and approvals, e.g., to build it through Nebraska. It's also indisputable that they are building it. Those are just facts. Ergo, it makes sense, at least based on foregoing reasoning.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Cook Political Report has a new analysis out for next year's House races.

Among the 47 most competitive races, 38 are currently held by Republicans, 9 by Democrats. Generic Dem ballot leads by double digits in most polls now.

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/h...majority-peril

Comment

• Oh, sorry. I'm out of date on this. I'd thought Nebraska had signed off, but in July TransCanada was saying they didn't have the demand to build it. Looks like that's now changed.

Comment

• Np.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    Oh, sorry. I'm out of date on this. I'd thought Nebraska had signed off, but in July TransCanada was saying they didn't have the demand to build it. Looks like that's now changed.
                    The Nebraska Public Service Commission will vote on the pipeline this Monday...they need approval to get it through the state. The leak right at this time looks extremely suspicious...sabotage?
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's so rare for that sort of thing to happen to a TransCanada pipeline!

Comment

• Just saw it pointed out that Obama has better approval ratings than Trump in this poll. IN ALABAMA. lol

https://andersonrobbins.com/wp-conte...opline_web.pdf
                        First, does Obama being more popular than Trump in AL sound plausible to you?

Second, if you read the methodology, these are telephone calls to registered voters. I have no doubt Moore will lose, but I doubt if Trump would lose to Obama.

Third, why do you progs put such confidence in polling? I think it is because it is really part of the campaign. Kapture posted the HuffPo pre-election statement that Hillary had a 98.5% chance of winning. That is campaigning, not reporting.

Comment

• That is campaigning, not reporting.
                          It's a FOX news poll that gives the edge to Jones and give Obama a higher number that the Dumpster Fire, so I guess they are campaigning for the Ds?

BTW, it was phone calls to 900 people. Not worth much, IMO
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Keystone, of course, was and remains the correct decision. One of the limited bright spots in DJT's presidency.
                            Nebraska makes a decision on Monday on whether to allow the Keystone XL pipeline to go through that state. It seems like pretty fortuitous timing for the "environmentalists" or Warren Buffett.

EDIT: I posted this before I read others' posts of the same facts.
                            Last edited by Da Geezer; November 17, 2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              First, does Obama being more popular than Trump in AL sound plausible to you?

Second, if you read the methodology, these are telephone calls to registered voters. I have no doubt Moore will lose, but I doubt if Trump would lose to Obama.

Third, why do you progs put such confidence in polling? I think it is because it is really part of the campaign. Kapture posted the HuffPo pre-election statement that Hillary had a 98.5% chance of winning. That is campaigning, not reporting.
                              the poll over sampled democrats. And this is a fox news poll, they want nothing more than Roy Moore to drop, they are being rather deceptive pushing for the narrative that Roy is losing big now.

Comment

• The Huffington Post thing was absolute nonsense at the time and it made no sense. That dude had the audacity to claim Nate Silver was fudging his numbers because his model didn't have nearly the same certainty. it was always much closer than people liked to believe.

The Fox poll is fine, but it is just one poll and your best bet is to take an average of the polls. Moore is up 2 in an aggregate and it depends on the electorate. The makeup of the electorate is important and that's where the Fox News poll might be important it make indicate a depressed electorate on one side not willing to answer a poll. That may or may not indicate an unwillingness to trudge out to the poll to pull the lever for Moore.

Comment

Working...
                                X