No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxNews hates Moore and therefore hates Jesus and is pushing the homosexual agenda!!! Someone let Hannity know he should resign immediately!

Comment

• How DARE the Washington Post dig around in Roy Moore's background and call people he knows!!! You don't treat candidates for office that way! These people are sick sick SICK! And they hate Jesus!

:::repeat this again and again until Dec 12:::

Comment

• I just hate you. And Talent. And hack. And froot. And Entropy.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Damn...forgot Hoss.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
            He is likely to win. vast majority of Republicans in AL don't care.

We can't know if they are true, but they are credible. Details about the stories are backed up by facts.
            Fixed that for ya!
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Just FYI but I'm thinking about changing my handle here to Bernie Bernstein.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                As I've pointed out before, the actual split for Fox news stories is 52-48% Dem.
                And as I have repeatedly noted, this is possible if you restrict the data to Fox's 6-7 hours a day of hard news reporting. The remaining 17-18 hours of every day is filled with traditionalist Republican or Trump Nationalist 'opinion' shows.

Fox & Friends (6AM-9AM)
                Outnumbered (12PM-1PM)
                Dana Perino (2PM-3PM)
                Neil Cavuto (4PM-5PM)
                The Five (5PM-6PM)
                Martha McCallum (7PM-8PM)
                Tucker (8PM-9PM)
                Hannity (9PM-10PM)
                Laura Ingraham (10PM-11PM)

The overnight hours show repeats of the primetime shows

Every one of these programs is overwhelmingly conservative. Several are gushingly pro-Trump.

So even if we accept that only 52% of Fox News stories have a pro-Republican slant, that's more than up for the fact that hard news programming takes up only 1/3 of the day, at best, and runs during the day's least viewed hours.

Comment

• shaddup
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                    Fixed that for ya!
                    why not? you've been wrong about everything else in the last 48 hours. Probably longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      And as I have repeatedly noted, this is possible if you restrict the data to Fox's 6-7 hours a day of hard news reporting. The remaining 17-18 hours of every day is filled with traditionalist Republican or Trump Nationalist 'opinion' shows.

Fox & Friends (6AM-9AM)
                      Outnumbered (12PM-1PM)
                      Dana Perino (2PM-3PM)
                      Neil Cavuto (4PM-5PM)
                      The Five (5PM-6PM)
                      Martha McCallum (7PM-8PM)
                      Tucker (8PM-9PM)
                      Hannity (9PM-10PM)
                      Laura Ingraham (10PM-11PM)

The overnight hours show repeats of the primetime shows

Every one of these programs is overwhelmingly conservative. Several are gushingly pro-Trump.

So even if we accept that only 52% of Fox News stories have a pro-Republican slant, that's more than up for the fact that hard news programming takes up only 1/3 of the day, at best, and runs during the day's least viewed hours.
                      Shep Smith covers a lot of ground during the 3 oclock hour.

Comment

• DSL: Fox has a 52% Democrat slant. You just think it is pro-republican because it is close to neutral. I notice you leave out Shep Smith, FOX's resident progressive, evidently considering him "hard news".

But, FWIW, here is part of an interview of G. Allred on MSNBC, talking about the Nelson woman:

TUR: Does your client, Beverly Young Nelson, remember him signing it?

ALLRED: She remembers — well, she remembers being with him. It was on the counter. She alleges that he took it, that he signed it and she was thrilled that he had signed it, because, as far as she knew, he was a D.A. and that was an important position.

TUR: So she saw him sign it?

ALLRED: I don’t believe at the time she had a clue whether he was an assistant D.A. or a D.A., but he signed it, she took it. As far as she knows, I mean, there’s no reason for her to think it’s anybody’s but his signature.

TUR: But did she see him sign it?

ALLRED: You know, I don’t — I haven’t asked her if she saw him, but we did describe what happened that evening in question. What she alleges was that she put it on the counter; that I think she asked to sign — or that he did sign it. That’s all.

TUR: I ask this, because it seems you’re not 100% sure that it is his signature, and if you’re not 100% sure that it is his signature, why would you show it at a press conference?

ALLRED: Well, why would — you know, why does anybody doubt that it is his signature?

Which of course can reasonably be answered by saying that Allred presented it, and Allred has long had a history of manipulating the truth. The signature in the yearbook is the only hard evidence in this whole affair.

Comment

• Shep is the one hour on Fox that I guess is kind of liberal. Or he just seems liberal compared with the rest of the zoo. At 3PM in the afternoon when no one's watching.

I will say that not everyone at Fox is a Trump lover. Dana Perino, Neil Cavuto, a few others...they clearly aren't big fans...they are more Bush/Reagan conservatives. Greg Gutfeld used to be a sharp critic as well but man, ever since the election, his tune has changed. I think some Fox Exec sat him down and had a 'talk'.

Comment

• Jesus.

It's working. Give the believers any reason to believe...
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              DSL: Fox has a 52% Democrat slant. You just think it is pro-republican because it is close to neutral. I notice you leave out Shep Smith, FOX's resident progressive, evidently considering him "hard news".

But, FWIW, here is part of an interview of G. Allred on MSNBC, talking about the Nelson woman:

TUR: Does your client, Beverly Young Nelson, remember him signing it?

ALLRED: She remembers ? well, she remembers being with him. It was on the counter. She alleges that he took it, that he signed it and she was thrilled that he had signed it, because, as far as she knew, he was a D.A. and that was an important position.

TUR: So she saw him sign it?

ALLRED: I don?t believe at the time she had a clue whether he was an assistant D.A. or a D.A., but he signed it, she took it. As far as she knows, I mean, there?s no reason for her to think it?s anybody?s but his signature.

TUR: But did she see him sign it?

ALLRED: You know, I don?t ? I haven?t asked her if she saw him, but we did describe what happened that evening in question. What she alleges was that she put it on the counter; that I think she asked to sign ? or that he did sign it. That?s all.

TUR: I ask this, because it seems you?re not 100% sure that it is his signature, and if you?re not 100% sure that it is his signature, why would you show it at a press conference?

ALLRED: Well, why would ? you know, why does anybody doubt that it is his signature?

Which of course can reasonably be answered by saying that Allred presented it, and Allred has long had a history of manipulating the truth. The signature in the yearbook is the only hard evidence in this whole affair.
                              I'll repeat, if the claim is that 48% of Fox's programming is devoted to pro-liberal slants on the news, I'll say that's a bullshit statistic.

If you say it represents 48% of the 'hard news programming' then that's more reasonable. My point was that 'hard news programming' represents only about a 1/3 of their total broadcasting schedule. On top of that, FoxNews has always been the pioneer in blurring the lines between 'hard news' and 'commentary'.

There's nothing close to a 52-48% split on Fox & Friends, The Five, Outnumbered, Hannity, Tucker, Laura Ingraham, etc.

Comment

• It's a stupid claim to try to defend an propaganda network.

Fair and balanced!

Covfefe!
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X