No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This might be different than True Believer nonsense, Da Geezer seems to be susceptible to tech buzzword speak. it's a common affliction, I've been on a few projects where everyone knew it was a boondoggle but the upper management fell for the buzzwords. Get on the cloud!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      And the "fast lanes" are said to be essential for driverless autos. They supposedly take an inordinate amount of data, and they need it fast. One assumes they would have to pay for the superior service.

Why do progs always favor equality of outcome even if it stifles innovation?
      Getting rid of net neutrality allows the big companies (Facebook and their like) to pay ISP's to give them fast access while giving their competitors, who may have better, more creative apps, the short straw.

The principles of net neutrality existed before the 2015 Obama rules. If we now say Net Neutrality is garbage and the highest bidder deserves faster lanes, then I'm not sure NetFlix could have ever existed under those conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        This might be different than True Believer nonsense, Da Geezer seems to be susceptible to tech buzzword speak. it's a common affliction, I've been on a few projects where everyone knew it was a boondoggle but the upper management fell for the buzzwords. Get on the cloud!
        My wife is a programmer. Worked at a school with CX (I think) in higher ed. It was all FUBARed by years of shitty programming and bandages to save money. Her boss thought all of their problems would be solved by moving everything to the cloud.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I have been stopping by my (new) neighbors, he has a 8 years old Boxer. What a cool dog! I never seen one before. She looks so sad all the time, and was like 'ah oh' here comes that little Jack Russel who wants to play. But now she looks forward to us walking down the street and then doesn't want us to leave, I have even watched her 2 times now when my neighbor had to be away for the day. What a strong dog! And when its time to go home she wants to stay at my house with her new found buddy.

Comment

• Boxers are some of the nicest dogs. True gentle giants. If I didn't have Bostons I'd have a boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              My wife is a programmer. Worked at a school with CX (I think) in higher ed. It was all FUBARed by years of shitty programming and bandages to save money. Her boss thought all of their problems would be solved by moving everything to the cloud.
              Yep been there, I was on a bank contract and we had to implement a private cloud solution that was a solution to nothing. The manager told us, we won't use this for anything but we have to implement it because the CIO was golf buddies with someone who sold cloud solutions.

Comment

• Boxers are some of the nicest dogs. True gentle giants. If I didn't have Bostons I'd have a boxer.

Yea, I found that out. At first I was a little scared she might be mean, having no knowledge of them. but what a sweetheart. lol She like my adopted dog now... and then there is the wife - not happy

Comment

• Years ago, my brother asked to take my aunt's boxer for a walk. I still laugh when I remember how he looked being dragged effortlessly through the lawn on his face...uphill. Heh.

Comment

• lol That was almost me the first time taking my neighbors dog down my back steps!

Comment

• WH's brother sounds like he could play DL for UNL.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• IT WAS ME, ungrateful fool!

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/933280234220134401[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/933282274937733126[/ame]

Comment

• I must say, this face turn by Lavar Ball is very reminiscent of when the The Rock turned on The Corporation. Trump has met his match in delusional trash talkers.

Comment

• You boys have managed to exalt a number of total dipshits merely because they took on DJT. Please, draw a line. Do not lionize Lavar Ball. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

With that said, quality WWE analogy. Well done.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• lol
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I mean Lavar Ball said he would have beat MJ at one on one at his peak. Trump doesn't know the trap he is walking into. You might be right in the abstract about wrongful lionization but totally wrong on drawing the line at Ball. Have you ever considered tbat his whole life was preparation for this moment? Are you not entertained?

Comment

Working...
                                X