Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the exit

Mic drop. 1976 version. I'm Van Fucking Morrison.

Ha!

[ame]https://youtu.be/44wDwMQVqCc[/ame]
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I saw Van Morrison perform with the Chieftains. Was a great show.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Van the Man!

Comment

• The Last Waltz: music's high-water mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            The Last Waltz: music's high-water mark.
            Yep
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Bitching about Time magazine's 'Man of the Year'...it's a holiday tradition!!

Comment

• Well they already have Manafort and Gates under house arrest. Manafort is a bad hombre, lock him up. (1)We will let Robert Mueller fully investigate it and accept his results. Let's fully find out all of the details on how Trump obstructed justice(2) by firing Great American James Comey. Hopefully he'll find out if Trump did it himself or on an order from his boss.
                1. Everyone knows that the fix is in. Mueller knew about the Russian crimes in the US related to Uranium One, but he didn't tell the CIRCA board (or whatever it is called). Hillary was chair, but 7 Obama appointees (including AG Holder) voted to give the uranium to Russia. Holder knew, or should have known, the criminal conspiracy Russia supported in acquiring the Uranium One holdings. That is, if Mueller reported Russian activity to Holder. And now Meuller is the one doing the investigation. A total conflict of interest. As is his friendship/mentorship for James Comey a conflict of interest.

2. Froot, may I request you go back to the time before the election when Comey came out and said that something MAY have been found on Anthony Wiener's computer. You were livid. Read your own posts. Hillary herself blamed Comey for her loss (or, at least that was one of her 76 excuses to date). Now Comey is a Great American? What did he do to earn that praise? Perhaps he wrote his exculpatory speech about Hillary and her emails two months before he gave it and well before Hillary was interviewed by the FBI? Maybe his original draft that contained "gross negligence" was altered to "extremely careless", as any Great American would alter it? It is pretty easy to become a Great American if all that is required is to cover for the Democrat (read swamp creature) candidate for President.

Comment

• Here is a really good idea:

Comment

• A funny thing about the so-called uranium scandal is that people have this impression that uranium is extremely rare, desirable, and impossible to get. Know which country on earth has far more than any other on the planet? Australia. Canada is #3. The US isn't remotely close and produces less than Botswana or Namibia.

Uranium is ubiquitous on the Earth. It is a metal approximately as common as tin or zinc, and it is a constituent of most rocks and even of the sea.

It costs $20-22 a pound (compare that with gold )

It was also the world's worst-performing commodity in 2016.

No major commodity had a worse 2016 than uranium. In fact, the element used to make nuclear fuel has had a pretty dismal decade.

There may be scandal involving bribery by a foreign government or state-sponsored corporations, but the national security aspect of this 'scandal' is pretty much nonsense.

Comment

• And since Geezer likely missed this post earlier...here's Jonah Goldberg who addressed everything I just said. I'll also note that the Uranium One deal requires that the uranium the Russians eventually acquired can only be sold in America to American facilities.

Comment

• What were the Russian Crimes that Mueller knew about related to uranium one and what is the proof of these crimes?
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          And since Geezer likely missed this post earlier...here's Jonah Goldberg who addressed everything I just said. I'll also note that the Uranium One deal requires that the uranium the Russians eventually acquired can only be sold in America to American facilities.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ry-not-treason
                          but it wasn't.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...ope-memos-show

?No uranium produced at either facility may be exported,? the NRC declared in a November 2010 press release that announced that ARMZ, a subsidiary of the Russian state-owned Rosatom, had been approved to take ownership of the Uranium One mining firm and its American assets.

A year later, the nuclear regulator repeated the assurance in a letter to Sen. John Barrasso, a Wyoming Republican in whose state Uranium One operated mines.

?Neither Uranium One Inc. nor AMRZ holds a specific NRC export license. In order to export uranium from the United States, Uranium One Inc. or ARMZ would need to apply for and obtain a specific NRC license authorizing the exports of uranium for use in reactor fuel,? then-NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko wrote to Barrasso.
                          The NRC never issued an export license to the Russian firm, a fact so engrained in the narrative of the Uranium One controversy that it showed up in The Washington Post?s official fact-checker site this week. ?We have noted repeatedly that extracted uranium could not be exported by Russia without a license, which Rosatom does not have,? the Post reported on Monday, linking to the 2011 Barrasso letter.

Yet NRC memos reviewed by The Hill show that it did approve the shipment of yellowcake uranium ? the raw material used to make nuclear fuel and weapons ? from the Russian-owned mines in the United States to Canada in 2012 through a third party. Later, the Obama administration approved some of that uranium going all the way to Europe, government documents show.

NRC officials said they could not disclose the total amount of uranium that Uranium One exported because the information is proprietary. They did, however, say that the shipments only lasted from 2012 to 2014 and that they are unaware of any exports since then.

NRC officials told The Hill that Uranium One exports flowed from Wyoming to Canada and on to Europe between 2012 and 2014, and the approval involved a process with multiple agencies.

Rather than give Rosatom a direct export license ? which would have raised red flags inside a Congress already suspicious of the deal ? the NRC in 2012 authorized an amendment to an existing export license for a Paducah, Ky.-based trucking firm called RSB Logistics Services Inc. to simply add Uranium One to the list of clients whose uranium it could move to Canada.

The license, reviewed by The Hill, is dated March 16, 2012, and it increased the amount of uranium ore concentrate that RSB Logistics could ship to the Cameco Corp. plant in Ontario from 7,500,000 kilograms to 12,000,000 kilograms and added Uranium One to the ?other parties to Export.?

The move escaped notice in Congress.

Comment

• What were the Russian Crimes that Mueller knew about related to uranium one and what is the proof of these crimes?
                            Assuming you are serious, the following is a good summary of where we were a month ago.

The undercover FBI informant has been released from his NDA, and has been preparing for testimony to Congress. His attorney says he has tapes and thousand of documents that confirm his story. Both Holder and Mueller had to know what the Russians were doing, and they sat on the panel that approved the deal (all of whom were Obama appointees, and three of whom were Holder, Mueller, and Hillary).

In addition, the MSM uncovered the informant's name and published it. It turns out that he is undergoing chemotherapy in Florida, which is what is holding up his presentation to Congress.

Comment

• And since Geezer likely missed this post earlier...here's Jonah Goldberg who addressed everything I just said. I'll also note that the Uranium One deal requires that the uranium the Russians eventually acquired can only be sold in America to American facilities.
                              I did miss the post, and I certainly didn't know the relatively low price of uranium or the geopolitical distribution of the element. I wonder why the Russians would even fool around with that little amount? Or why Bill would talk to Putin about it. Or why Putin paid through intermediaries in Canada the $ 145,000,000 to the Clinton Foundation.

But, leave it to FOX to come out with real news that affects the perception of a story. As God is my witness, I've seen nothing on CNN or MSNBC about how available uranium is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                I did miss the post, and I certainly didn't know the relatively low price of uranium or the geopolitical distribution of the element. I wonder why the Russians would even fool around with that little amount? Or why Bill would talk to Putin about it. Or why Putin paid through intermediaries in Canada the $ 145,000,000 to the Clinton Foundation.

But, leave it to FOX to come out with real news that affects the perception of a story. As God is my witness, I've seen nothing on CNN or MSNBC about how available uranium is.
                                It was in CNN all the time when it was actually a story.

Comment

Working...
                                X