Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Nancy Pelosi called the proposed tax bill the "worst bill in the history of Congress." Personally, I think the Fugitive Slave Act is probably worse. Maybe the god-awful Alien and Sedition Acts. But, hey, tax cuts are probably worse.
    right?!

Comment

• dems, don't forget to order your tree topper

Comment

• Wanton use of hyperbole is the greatest issue facing humanity, ever.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          I don't like any of the parties in the gay cake case.

The "christian" bakers are ridiculous. Teleporting back to 1950 and refusing to make a "homo" cake because jebus doesn't like effeminate confections, and the gay couple who had the option of 17 other area bakeries but, by god, were going to make this a federal case instead of the more appropriate bad Yelp review and social media outrage posts.
          I'm not as into the details on how it got all the way here, but I thought the couple had lodged a complaint and it was the state of Colorado that was pursuing it?

I think using religion as any reason to deny service is pretty shitty, but I think it's a good discussion to have. The confederate flag example is bullshit, but there are others that make you pause and see it from the side of the artist.

Comment

• Yes, they lodged a formal complaint with the state.

I think the pragmatic decision is to find for the bakers. If not, I know there will be people who will find a Muslim baker and do the same.

"I want a rainbow-themed gay cake with Mohammad giving head to an infidel. Oh, and make the icing bacon-flavored."
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There will be hundreds of them in a day. This is how we use our freedoms these days.

Comment

Yes, they lodged a formal complaint with the state.

I think the pragmatic decision is to find for the bakers. If not, I know there will be people who will find a Muslim baker and do the same.

"I want a rainbow-themed gay cake with Mohammad giving head to an infidel. Oh, and make the icing bacon-flavored."
                Bravo. You've managed to reduce the implications of a complex, somewhat esoteric legal case to understandable terms. This isn't about gay rights as much as it is about issues that talent clearly explained.

I find your approach more useful and informative than those of our right wing friends who tend to be mislead by the memes of the spokespersons of the right who issue them when they serve their own purposes regardless of accuracy.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ........ I should add it's my view that the gay couple have wrongly worked to advance the cause of gay rights through this case. Obviously the case has nothing to do with that.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      ........ I should add it's my view that the gay couple have wrongly worked to advance the cause of gay rights through this case. Obviously the case has nothing to do with that.
                      Looks like the bakers won the framing of the case and thus the case.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• ...kinda makes you wonder what the butcher and baker were doing with that candlestick maker...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Looks like the bakers won the framing of the case and thus the case.
                          That doesn't much matter to the merits. To wit, Griswold, a Planned Parenthood director, practically had to beg Connecticut to enforce the antiquated contraception law. I think they actually had to take affirmative steps to request enforcement. And from that sprang the penumbra and contourless Right to Privacy. No one much cared that it was a ginned up lawsuit.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Wanton use of hyperbole is the greatest issue facing humanity, ever.
                            everybody knows that

I think using religion as any reason to deny service is pretty shitty,

100 years from now you are going to have less then 10% of the US population going to church or following religious doctrine in their daily lives

we will be a colder society with less empathy for our fellow man

most of us my age have a religious background at least early that framed our moral values --the new religion is social media

Comment

• Or maybe their will be fewer judgmental pricks trying tell people how to live their lives...
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                              X