Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Ed Balzer:

No one really believes me, but please confirm that Old Scribe and lil red devil were both far smarter in all things everywhere than The Wizard.

Thanks in advance.
    Wiz had a crush on BG, so that gives credence to Old Scribe's acumen.
    Whatever...

Comment

• Wiz was only tolerable when he posted under his other handle, Sporticus.

Comment

• UP! UP! UP!
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I miss BG and Old Scribe. I hope they are well.

And, Ed, your daughter, many years ago, was considering UAB. Where did she end up?

And. Lol @Talent. Nice post.. Almost like the old days.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Also, LRD was hilarious.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• For those of you who don't know, Ed used to debate with people to the right of crash and geezer. To supprt his positions, he would sometimes post links to Al Jazeera. While Al Jeezera has approached mainstream acceptance in recent years, back then, with the people he posted it to, considered it the Arab "StormFront". The forum free-for-alls were just fun.

Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                And Conyers is gone.

Put aside Roy Moore...why has there been almost no pressure on Blake Farenthold to resign on the Republican side?
                I dont know, but he needs to go. And the rest of the names on that list need to be made public.

Failing both of these, the Speaker of the House should step down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  And Conyers is gone.

Put aside Roy Moore...why has there been almost no pressure on Blake Farenthold to resign on the Republican side?
                  Or Donald Trump or Justice Thomas?
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Anyone interested in the Scots may wish to search Twitter for the phrase ``Scottish twitter is the best twitter''. I may or may not have enjoyed the results.

Comment

• I didn't find the Scottish accents to be as crazy as I expected when I was in Scotland. We were planning on a return to Glasgow this Easter but the judges had other ideas.

Comment

• It's not so much the accent that is troubling, but the unfathomably daft arrangement of words the accent cloaks. The entire country is a much, much worse version of Trainspotting.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Really and truly I would love to get there. Have not been. Hear wonderful things about Edinburgh. I like their politics. The northern coastline pictures are fantastic. I like wool.

Comment

• Someone from Ohio running down Scotland?

That's like someone eating a turd and making fun of my filet.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Or maybe their will be fewer judgmental pricks trying tell people how to live their lives...
                              Sorry to go back in time a couple of days, but I've been thinking about this and a point someone else made about govt being full of them.

People are judgmental pricks. A lot of people use religion to support that judgment. But there are many many wonderfully religious people that are not. The priest that married Ms. Slf and me actually podcasts his homilies. They are short (10 mins) and I would suggest anyone listen to them to hear all the greatness that religion can provide. This week was about our responsibility to bring the world closer to the Kingdom of G-d by helping those in need. It's a great listen every week. (I'm happy to point you in the right direction if you want to listen.)

At the same time, living in Seattle I've met many many judgmental folks. They are just judgmental on secular topics. You feed your child nonorganic food? You voted for a republican? You drive a car? BY YOURSELF?! Budweiser?!

So long story, there's judgmental assholes of all flavors. It's all just a matter of the values they use to judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                I didn't find the Scottish accents to be as crazy as I expected when I was in Scotland. We were planning on a return to Glasgow this Easter but the judges had other ideas.
                                TBH, I had much more difficulty understanding Londoners than the scots.

Comment

Working...
                                X