Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    I am very happy to have OpEd here. Now, if we could get Hacksaw, Wildcat00, RU4FSU91, RegelBuck, and a few others ....
    WTF is wrong with you? Nipping on scotch already?
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Why does he suck less than Hillary? She's been one of the most investigated political figures in history, and hasn't gone to jail. Trump's been in public life for 5% of the time she has, and is in a heap more trouble. Say what you will about her, but the best you can do is influence peddling. No evidence of diversion of taxpayers' money to her own pockets. Trump declared his intent to line his own pockets clearly. He's an admitted and enthusiastic kleptocrat, whereas Hillary is merely like every other politician -- willing to take campaign cash and speaking fees. She's fucking awful no doubt, but they're not in the same category.
      When you and your allies control the leadership of the DoJ and FBI, all the investigations won't lead to anything. Hopefully with Trey Gowdy's new top secret clearance, he will be able to get to do a thorough investigation of Benghazi.

What do you believe Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch talked about on the airport tarmac?
      Whatever...

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        WTF is wrong with you? Nipping on scotch already?
        The heyday of Worldcrossing was a great time. Or, even before that perhaps, when CNNSI was the rage.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It seems like there has been an inordinate amount of time spent on Benghazi, especially given that there's been no investigation of other incidents like Niger. But if they need more time to investigate Benghazi, go for it! I would ask that the congress not complain about not having time or money to try to fix real problems though.

With that said, I think the new republican standard for investigations requires that none of the investigators ever have any negative thoughts about anyone involved. So, unless Mr. Gordy voted for Clinton, he and his staff should be recused. Right? (Or maybe that is they wrong standard to use?)
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The heyday of Worldcrossing was a great time. Or, even before that perhaps, when CNNSI was the rage.
            There was a time and place for everything. I don't miss Team Val other than puter. I do miss some of the characters at TGP aside from rat. The "Mighty" Hedgehog, in particular.

But, by and large, the low numbers, lower key forum suits me fine these days.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The only one I mentioned from Team Val was Hack. But, yeah, puter. I also liked reading NCVOL.

Anyway, I will put away the nostalgia and move on.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Regarding TPP, I'm 100% free trade and I'm also generally in favor of the US exerting foreign policy influence when and where it can. TPP involved 40% of the world's GDP. With respect to the former, I don't see any real way to avoid that in the 21st century.

I also recognize that (a) the US is going to keep actively trading with all TPP countries and withdrawal won't have a huge effect -- well, in my eyes; and (b) we can still exert influence in that region through our allies. However, I'd prefer to have China at the table in the partnership.

I'm sure there are other criticisms, but IMO, international trade is not going away. Deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  The heyday of Worldcrossing was a great time. Or, even before that perhaps, when CNNSI was the rage.
                  Ah yes....CNNSI...Mike King...the Sysop Nazi...NKOT...good times...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Regarding TPP, I'm 100% free trade and I'm also generally in favor of the US exerting foreign policy influence when and where it can. TPP involved 40% of the world's GDP. With respect to the former, I don't see any real way to avoid that in the 21st century.

I also recognize that (a) the US is going to keep actively trading with all TPP countries and withdrawal won't have a huge effect -- well, in my eyes; and (b) we can still exert influence in that region through our allies. However, I'd prefer to have China at the table in the partnership.

I'm sure there are other criticisms, but IMO, international trade is not going away. Deal with it.
                    The thing about TPP is that all the other countries we bailed on are going ahead with the deal anyways. So we essentially chose to weaken our own level of influence by withdrawing.

I know you were generally in favor of Brexit but Britain's finding out that it ain't the Edwardian Era anymore. The idea that they had the power to dictate terms to the EU, because the UK is simply soooo desirable, or were going to negotiate one-on-one with individual EU countries was a fantasy.

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Balzer View Post
                        When you and your allies control the leadership of the DoJ and FBI, all the investigations won't lead to anything. Hopefully with Trey Gowdy's new top secret clearance, he will be able to get to do a thorough investigation of Benghazi.

What do you believe Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch talked about on the airport tarmac?
                        Last edited by Kapture1; December 8, 2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• The thing about TPP is that all the other countries we bailed on are going ahead with the deal anyways. So we essentially chose to weaken our own level of influence by withdrawing.

I know you were generally in favor of Brexit but Britain's finding out that it ain't the Edwardian Era anymore. The idea that they had the power to dictate terms to the EU, because the UK is simply soooo desirable, or were going to negotiate one-on-one with individual EU countries was a fantasy.
                          Correct re TPP. Obviously the EU is massively, massively different animal. If you were to ask me if the US should cede significant amounts of its sovereignty to a TPP government set up, say, Manilla, the answer would be hell motherfucking no. If TPP dictated immigration policy, the answer would be hell fucking no.

More realistically, if we're micromanaging regulatory law down to, e.g., how pork has to be slaughtered, then it's not worth it, IMO.

Comment

• I could do without your fucking cussing douchebag...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Beverly Nelson now said that she wrote some of what was in her yearbook lol

Comment

• Like a good cornerback, Geezer has no ability to remember getting toasted on the previous play.
                                And Hack has absolutely no evidence to support his assertions. Nothing except a fart noise. That is what a journalism degree is really all about. If you think it, then it must be true, since no journalist would even think of something that is not true.

Comment

Working...
                                X