No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a disturbing video but everyone should watch it. I have never heard about this case until this morning or if I did I forgot about it.

I know cops have a tough job. But my God. How could anyone ever give them total and complete benefit of the doubt after watching a video like this?

Imagine if you were on vacation and spent the evening having some drinks in your room. You go out into the hall and a bunch of cops surprise the hell out of you. They're screaming and barking orders. Listen to the way they talk to this guy. Would you survive? Or would you be killed like this poor guy was? Can anyone seriously claim that it's unreasonable to be scared to the police after watching that?

Comment

• Terrible
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        This is a disturbing video but everyone should watch it. I have never heard about this case until this morning or if I did I forgot about it.

I know cops have a tough job. But my God. How could anyone ever give them total and complete benefit of the doubt after watching a video like this?
        That is one of the reasons why I support pro athletes who take a respectful knee in protest during the anthem.
        Whatever...

Comment

• Exactly
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Once a few more videos get out of it happening to white people, people will mysteriously "come around".

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
              Once a few more videos get out of it happening to white people, people will mysteriously "come around".
              Come around? Cop shootings run the spectrum from completely justified to outright murder. They are not all the same and all should be treated differently. No, white people are not going to "come around" on justifiable use of deadly force, no mattrer how many knees are taken lol. From what i can tell, no one was excusing the cop that shot the guy in the back that was just sentenced to murder. Everyone agreed as did the justice system.
              Last edited by Kapture1; December 9, 2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                Once a few more videos get out of it happening to white people, people will mysteriously "come around".
                Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                Come around? Cop shootings run the spectrum from completely justified to outright murder. They are not all the same and all should be treated differently. No, white people are not going to "come around" on justifiable use of deadly force, no matter how many knees are taken lol. From what i can tell, no one was excusing the cop that shot the guy in the back that was just sentenced to murder. Everyone agreed as did the justice system.
                To many violent and completely unjustified executions continue to take place, especially of minorities.
                Whatever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                  Come around? Cop shootings run the spectrum from completely justified to outright murder. They are not all the same and all should be treated differently. No, white people are not going to "come around" on justifiable use of deadly force, no mattrer how many knees are taken lol. From what i can tell, no one was excusing the cop that shot the guy in the back that was just sentenced to murder. Everyone agreed as did the justice system.
                  Homeboy In the video was acquitted.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Murder, from what I"ve seen on the 5-minute clip

Proper procedure is for an officer to get behind the perp so as to prevent the possibility of him reaching for a weapon. I'd like to know the backstory for this whole takedown.

Comment

• Once a few more videos get out of it happening to white people, people will mysteriously "come around".
                      Leave it to Oracle to race bait when:

I have never heard about this case until this morning or if I did I forgot about it.
                      ...most people never heard of it precisely because the dude was white.

This incident support the conclusion that the very few dangerous cops out there don't much give fuck if you're black or white. They're just asshole sociopaths. And it also supports the conclusion that juries will tend to favor cops regardless of who they shot. The former point, of course, is backed up by actual data and evidence.
                      Last edited by iam416; December 9, 2017, 01:48 PM.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• To many violent and completely unjustified executions continue to take place, especially of minorities.
                        If only the facts actually supported that narrative.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                          Homeboy In the video was acquitted.
                          Right and i think it's bullshit. I wouldnt know what it means to cross my legs behind, with my hands in the air and crawl. Wut?

I understand why he was acquitted, you do not reach, cop has to treat that as reacing for a weapon, BUT the cop put him in a dangerous situation and esclated the danger.

Comment

• Proper procedure is for an officer to get behind the perp so as to prevent the possibility of him reaching for a weapon.

How do you come to this conclusion watching this video? Have you been in law enforcement, just wondering why you say this.

My guess is and I only watched it once - The Cops never move forward.

They demanded that the guy get back up and "crawl" to them. My guess is that they were not going forward till the possible danger 'behind' the guy who was shot was apprehended (as like the woman).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Balzer View Post
                              To many violent and completely unjustified executions continue to take place, especially of minorities.
                              Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              If only the facts actually supported that narrative.
                              So far in 2017 (as of the end of October), unarmed blacks make up 30% of those that were unarmed and killed by police. However, according to the latest US Census estimates, blacks make up only 13.3% of the population.

https://thesocietypages.org/toolbox/...ing-of-blacks/
                              Whatever...

Comment

• Black neighborhoods experience higher crime rates. Therefore, race-neutral police will encounter more criminal activities in black neighborhoods. As such, they can be expected to employ lethal force against a higher proportion of black suspects.

Comment

Working...
                                X