No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRO's Andrew McCarthy on Fox's latest hyperbolic FBI 'scandal' (for those who can't see tweet):

#Strzok & Page texts look like a big nothing - no hint of corruption in their jobs. Lots of people (me included) speak crudely in private about politics. If you?re ok w/ Trump?s outbursts, I don?t see getting whipped over this BS.

[ame]https://twitter.com/AndrewCMcCarthy/status/940913989189554182[/ame]

Comment

• Not exactly earth-shattering, but this where I am: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-moores-defeat

Politically, it's a bigger victory for the Rs than the Ds. The biggest winner is probably the Senate (or however you want to phrase institutions).

Jones will either vote mostly with the Rs or lose by 25 points in 2020.

I'm also still giddy over Bob Vance running for Supreme Court.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If you take the fourth letter of the third word of every sixth text in the chain, they spell out ``Comet Pizza".

Comment

• Jeff Sessions won this seat in 2014 by 97 points. 97. Moore ran nearly 50 points off of Sessions. Ok, so Sessions was unopposed, but it's still a fact! DJT won Alabama by 28.

There are lines that will force party loyalists to disband in droves. Whether D or R (smoking crack in a hotel room, e.g., was not over the line for Ds awhile back). Thankfully Moore crossed that line. Because, as AA noted, he was an otherwise terrible candidate that would have still won by 25 if the line hadn't been crossed.

I'm talking about a line in the sand across which you DO NOT...and, by the way, Dude, I believe the preferred nomenclature is Asian American.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Not exactly earth-shattering, but this where I am: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-moores-defeat

Politically, it's a bigger victory for the Rs than the Ds. The biggest winner is probably the Senate (or however you want to phrase institutions).

Jones will either vote mostly with the Rs or lose by 25 points in 2020.

I'm also still giddy over Bob Vance running for Supreme Court.

Yeah, I said all that last night. I think the savvy republicans are all breathing a sigh of relief after Jones' win. And philosophically Jones is already as conservative as a moderate republican. Starting with his January votes, he will be under a microscope. A single yes vote on partial-birth abortion, reducing military spending, or restricting gun rights and he might as well even not even run in 2019 for the 2020 seat.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, I appreciated your take on Jones, AA. If you have more to offer then I'd love to hear it. I didn't think he'd be a Pelosi D, but I wasn't sure if he'd be party line (still not sure). If Doug Jones is about Doug Jones then he'll Shelby up. I'd recommend waiting until after November because the Senate is going to be remarkably close. He could be a damn hero in Alabama if he flips a 51-49 D Senate to 50-50.

Comment

• This election underscores the compete everywhere theme, you never know when someone self destructs.

Comment

• AA,
                  You have obviously followed the race and Sen. Jones closer than I have, but his legislative priorities on his website don't read particularly in line with Republican positions. https://dougjonesforsenate.com/priorities/

Was he saying differently on the stump?
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Nick Saban written in on 20,000 ballots!

Wonder if Nick would be interested in politics some day...

I'm headed to Tuscaloosa this weekend to see family. Father-in-Law won't be happy about this election...Please "pray for me" to keep my mouth shut for 3 days!
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• In general, it's just nice to see that individual candidates are still more important than political parties... Sometimes.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Wish that attitude was around in 2016.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• In general, it's just nice to see that individual candidates are still more important than political parties... Sometimes.
                          Candidate quality matters. Yesterday was extreme. It's usually not worth 20-25 points. However, it can be worth 2-3 points and that can matter a great deal in certain states. See 2016.

Comment

• I'm still perplexed how The Nick didn't win this race.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Dead Gay Bear would have carried an easy 85%. Hell, Mike Price probably carries 55%. Those boys love their football bosses. Except Dubose. And Shula. Fuck them. They're fucking Democrats anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                                In general, it's just nice to see that individual candidates are still more important than political parties... Sometimes.

0 quality candidates in the general election.
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X